Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday May 13th

Daily discussions.
TeresaK

Thursday May 13th

Post by TeresaK » Thu May 13, 2021 3:49 am

Good morning quilting pals
It is so good to see everyone posting and all the Sew Along blocks are beautiful!! I Love ❤️ seeing all the quilts being finished as well.
Just finished up Linda’s custom quilt. She is a master piecer ands wonderful mentor in teaching me all about colors and fabrics that go together when I did think they ever could. Always a joy quilting for her. She did ask me what I was working on and I could only say Lotto Blocks LOL. That is how busy I have been quilting for others. I was hoping to change that when I got back from visiting with her and dropping off the quilt I took a fall outside of TK pizzas in Tehachapi. I have no clue how it happened one minute I was standing next minute I was on the ground withstand banged up knee and a sprained wrist. It is pretty hard to cut fabric at the moment. Rob is doing great after I line up the ruler. he is getting pretty good. I am blessed indeed.

There is a lull now which It’s good because today I have surgery hopefully for the last time on my right foot with a different doctor and a different procedure. I am always hoping to be able to walk with no pain very soon.

No April Lotto block from Jacquie yet but I am sure they will show up soon. They always do.
Very small group for May so I am rethinking the direction of the Lotto. Trying to fit it in to what everyone might be working on. These make great quick quilts to finish and add to Valerie’s list of UFOs. I am trying to make them as easy as I can while setting the winners up to finish them. If you have any suggestions please let me know.

I wish you all a great day with plans for the weekend coming up to be wonderful for everyone. Take care and be safe as always

FlorenceM

Re: Thursday May 13th

Post by FlorenceM » Thu May 13, 2021 4:10 am

Morning Teresa & all to follow
Neighbor told me about purple tomatoes and where locally to get the plants. So today I am off to find purple Cherokee tomatoes.
Have a great day.
Flo

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Thu May 13, 2021 4:45 am

Good morning,,Ken has changed his hours at work instead of going in a 6 he now goes in at 7. so an extra hour of sleep for him. I still wake around 6 and get up. These old bones do not like to stay in bed for long. I feel much better when up and moving. Even had a cuppa coffee this morning already.
Plans for today are what ever i can get done. I do have to go up the the pharmacy for a prescription and stop at the market.
my sister mentioned she wanted to go to IKEA but she hasnt answered me as to when, I always go with her and we do lunch. So all of those things may or may not be in the plans. in the meantime I will do some hand wash sweaters and get them ready to pack away for the summer..
Making star blocks for a starry quilt, I need 60 and have about 10 d0ne...using only stash on this one too...I will need batting but have all the rest, My next quilt will use only scraps. it is a challenge to find quilts that fit what you already have, but fun. FLo I grew the purple cherokee tomatoes and they are very tasty,,,here in Michigan they had a low yield,,,but they were good none the less. Prayers for all traveling and those with health issues,,, Have a wonderful day XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Thu May 13, 2021 5:04 am

Good morning everyone.
I haven’t gotten started on anything yet. That is why I don’t get on here very much. I get started on chores and sewing and never make it back here. I am done sewing the top together of the braid quilt and just about done pinning the layers. I need to go get ink for my printer so I can make a label for this quilt. I hope everyone is doing well. I have been having trouble with my right leg. It seems like the muscles are the problem. I am hoping it will go away. Have a wonderful day.
Suzette

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu May 13, 2021 5:05 am

Good morning everyone cloudy here nope the sun just came out so good to see after a rainy day yesterday
Flo I have grown the purple Cherokee They are really good and have a great flavor
Judi Enjoy your day whatever you do
Teresa Prayers that your foot is pain free after surgery You accomplish so much to be in pain
I got my grocery & DG run done yesterday We are in a gas shortage here so I don’t want to go out anymore than necessary
We had a good visit with our nieces
The day will probably be more purging I spent 3 days going thru photo albums Made
Each child a pile What a job I was about crazy at the end
Have a wonderful day everyone
Lyn If I ever take a trip I want you as my driver I applaud your for fixing your motor Home
Chris I know those boys enjoy their adventures with you
So glad they moved there
Becca
Praying for Cindyg &Don Kathy & Rosebud

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Thu May 13, 2021 5:19 am

Thanks ladies, for all the kind words.

MaryZ, you mentioned it getting hard to find campgrounds. You are right, I'm sorry to say. I called the campground closest to Dr and they are full. Called the one we usually stay at on south side of KC and they're full. I will try and find one this morning before I get behind the wheel.

Sending prayers for those in need.
Lyn

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu May 13, 2021 5:27 am

Good morning!

The sun is barely up, I am not.

Our handyman is coming sometime today. Hoping sooner than later. Matt is starting a project of finishing his basement and Tim, our handyman will be working there too. Our Solara will be coming home, finally! Enoch , Matt's truck needed another small repair, a part broke on the radiator and the diesel shop fixed it. When he picked up Enoch, they teasingly told him,, they never want to see Enoch again,, unless it is a oil change! All seems well now with Enoch. Knock on wood! LOL!

I misplaced all my embroidery supplies. I was going to teach Crenda how to embroidery on my old machine, but instead ordered some new supplies for my stash. Of course, I found my stabilizer after I ordered, but it's OK, as I did need more. Also found a very pretty dress to order, but restrained myself when I saw the price, three times my usual amount. Still thinking about it......

So I will be sewing something in the Batt Cave, there is plenty of trouble I can get into, I am very good at that!

Hugs,
Jana

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu May 13, 2021 5:46 am

Good morning, it's going to be a marvelous day today.

There is a quilter, Sloan I think is her last name, at least I think it's her. She picks a word a year and tries to see it in everything throughout the year. My first thought is Joy. I love the word Joy and what it means. How about you, what would your word be?

Teresa, prayers for a successful surgery

Flo, purple tomatoes? interesting, do they have a different flavor than the red ones?

Judi, what a great idea to try not to purchase new fabric but use up what you have on hand. Heaven knows we have so much. If I had to do it all over again I would purchase as I go rather that purchase because it's pretty.

Suzette, I usually get my printer ink through Amazon. So much more convenient than a trip into town. I am looking forward to seeing a picture of that braid quilt.

Becca, those purple tomatoes must be a Midwest thing, I have never heard of them. sorry about the gas shortage, hopefully it will be fixed soon. Here gas is about 3.89 a gallon, but it's been that way for a while.

Jana, I think you should get the dress. it is so hard to find a dress when you need one. It would be a good idea to have it hanging in your closet ready to put on when you need it. I don't own a dress or skirt. I don't see any in the two stores we have in town ( Kohls or Penneys) We do have a Target and a Walmart but I never find anything there. Not even sure where to shop online. Get the dress, you will have it for a long time to come, if you do the math it will be worth it.

Diane, great find on the backing fabric. Recently CT had their sale on backing fabric and it wasn't as inexpensive as their usual sales.

Maryz, yes, it was me who asked about camping. but that has been put on the back burner for my friend, her husbands health has stalled things for her. So? How was the first night on a new mattress. Are you well rested?

Sharona, SNOW??? dang, we are at almost 90 degrees.

Hope you all are going to have a marvy day,
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu May 13, 2021 5:55 am

Good morning,

I was up EARLY today but was hoping I could read myself back to sleep. No such luck. But I did get a few chapters read, kitchen tidied, and some blocks trimmed. So all was not lost - except a few hours of sleep.

TERESA - So sorry about your wrist. Did you faint? Hope you are better soon.

FLO - good luck hunting those tomatoes! My dad used to grow both purple and yellow tomatoes. Also, yellow cucumbers shaped like lemons. Yum!

JUDI - I love making quilts totally from my stash. Your quilt will be gorgeous! It's fun to look at all the different fabrics in a scrappy quilt and remember other quilts you've made that produced those scraps. I love IKEA. But ours is so far away, and a rather nasty drive, that we only go about once every 5 years.

SUZ - glad you're here! I was starting to worry about you! You always have interesting projects going on.

BECCA - sorting photos is a BIG job! I spent months doing that, made albums, and 2 months later our house burned. What the fire didn't get the firemen did! So frustrating!

LYN - Kudos to you for fixing your rig! I hope you find some places to stay. We belong to Escapees and often find spots in their parks. Also, if you never have before, check out Harvest Hosts and Boondockers. Harvest Hosts are wineries, farms, bulb farms, ranches, etc that offer overnight parking, often with power hook-ups. Usually free or nominal fee. Boondockers,com are simply people who have room for a rig in their yard. Again, free or small $. We have friends who offer up a beautiful Boondocker spot with power and usually include a great meal if you wish. Free.

JANA - I bet the shop for sure never wants to see Enoch again for repairs! lol! I say Get The Dress. So many times I've been 'good' and restrained myself only to kick myself later. Life is short.

CHRISS - Since you asked, my favorite word has always been "Magical". I didn't realize other people had favorite words. Good question! Sorry your friend's DH isn't being healthy. Praying he recovers. First night on the mattress was 'iffy'. I woke up at 2am and finally got up at 3:30. Not sure that was the mattress's fault though. I think it was my busy mind. I noticed that CT's 'sale' on fabric wasn't as 'sale-ish' as past sales. And this is why when I find a really GOOD sale, I do stock up on fabrics so when I do a project I don't have to go out and buy at regular prices. Though have to say, I'm going to die with a LOT of fabric! lol!

Not a lot happening here. A little yard work, laundry, helping with the deck staircase re-build, sewing, a few appointments. We are gearing up for our camping trip next week - leaving Monday morning. So I have lists going - again - and a grocery shopping trip is in our near future. This is a group camp-out in wine country (two other rigs) and we'll be doing a lot of wine-tasting at wineries, pot-luck suppers, and campfire stories in the evenings. Not taking a sewing project, but I will have my cross-stitch with me in case I get any down time by myself.

Happy Thursday!

Mary Z >^+^<

womster

Post by womster » Thu May 13, 2021 6:37 am

Good morning!

Teresa – I hope this latest foot surgery will indeed be your last.

Flo – I’ve never seen a purple tomato! Hope they taste good.

Judi – I know you’ll enjoy whatever you get up to today. I hope it’s IKEA with your sister – that sounds like fun.

Suzette – sorry to hear about your leg – I hope whatever the problem is clears up soon.

Becca – I so understand about going through tons of pictures. I know your kids will cherish them.

Lyn – I hope you are able to find a decent campground. Prayers for safe travels.

Jana – glad Enoch is finally home! Happy sewing.

Chriss – I’ll have to think on my word of the day. That’s a neat idea. Hopefully that is our last snow of the season! We still have our heat on.

Maryz – backup boys – ha! That made me almost spit out some coffee. Your next camping trip sounds very fun.

I have to work today so that will be my morning. DH fixes lunch when I work – chicken dinosaurs. They are quite tasty! Not much else going on. I do need to get a quilt loaded – I think I’ll pin it to the zippers tonight. Have a glorious day! xoxo Sharona

Return to “Sew ins”