Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday May 13th

Daily discussions.
Quiltmom

Re: Thursday May 13th

Post by Quiltmom » Thu May 13, 2021 6:40 am

Good morning all! Not much planned for today. Got my lawn mowed yesterday. So glad to not see all the dead dandelions anymore. Will work on some cross stitching today. Want to finish up my cat project so I can get started on my Southern Plantation project. It is quite large and very pretty with Southern Belles in the front yard. I bought it a couple of years ago. With today's woke climate it probably isn't even available anymore. The "woke people" won't be happy until they erase all our history. What is happening to our country? Sorry I mentioned it.

Our governor has set June 2 as the date to remove the Covid restrictions for our state of Ohio. I will be so glad to get rid f my mask. I have had both shots so I am ready to get back to some normal life. I will start going back into Bob Evans for my weekly breakfast then when I don't have to wear a mask.

Becca - I too am working on sorting pictures for me and each of my sons. Isn't it amazing how many pictures we have taken over the years? Enjoy your sorting.

Well, better go get everyone fed. Hope everyone has a good and safe day. Those of you who are ill are in my prayers.

Sherry

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Thu May 13, 2021 12:17 pm

I ended going to Ikea with my sister and lunch. After I stopped at the grocery store and picked up my Prescriptions. Purple Cherokee TOmatoes are purple, (well maybe more maroon)they taste like your favorite Homegrown tomato. They will grow anywhere any tomatoes grow, full sun no cold...We also grow yellow tomatoes and yellow "pear" tomaotes, all of these tast like tomatoes Not pears or anything else. with the pear tomatoes you will get a zillion in one bush. they are tiny but oH so good.

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu May 13, 2021 12:39 pm

Good Afternoon. Boy, I thought I posted this morning. Don't see it, so it got lost. Busy day, here. Getting things ready for weekend trip to our son's for granddaughter's graduation.
Also made some goodies to take to a friend who just had hip replacement. I made lemon cookies with lemon cake mix. If you have never tried these, ooh, they are so good. They are light and refreshing! Also made no-bake peanut squares. These, too are sinfully delicious!
Half of the batches are ready to take with us for the weekend. The other half we delivered to our friend's house. She is expected to get home today, so she will have a surprise waiting in a box on their porch. ๐Ÿ˜Š
Then I got really ambitious and vaccumed out the truck, washed the floor mats and started putting some things on the backseat for travel.
Now, I am tired! I quit for the day.
My body says: It's about time you say down!
Hope you enjoy the rest of your day.
Vel
HUGS, ๐Ÿ’• Vel

Return to โ€œSew insโ€