Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday, May 11

Daily discussions.
QuiltGram8

Tuesday, May 11

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue May 11, 2021 5:48 am

Wow! No one up and about? Bet I double with someone.
This is amazing. We were up by 5:30. Off to grocery shop at our Walmart by 6:30. Now settled in with a cup of coffee. Time to check in with my friends here.
Guess I will sew a bit later on my block #6 of sew along. Nice blocks that Katy and Maryq have come up with. We all appreciate all the efforts you put in to make this successful. Thank you, both!
It's way more fun and interesting than I thought. So glad I joined.
If any of you might still be thinking about it. Well, it's not too late to join. You can always do an extra block here and there to catch up.
Give it a try.. it's fun!
Have a great day!
HUGS, ๐Ÿ’• Vel

grammiequilts

Re: Tuesday, May 11

Post by grammiequilts » Tue May 11, 2021 5:57 am

Good morning Vel. I was up and got side tracked with laundry and chores and coffee. Today will be an ugly day, I need to get this dust under control. Then i will sew the afternoon away. Something for supper needs to be gotten. maybe coney dogs. and tots...not healthy but fun,,,,ok ok I'll toss a salad too. hope you are all sewing away this morning,,
Yesterday we paid our taxes.. and took a hit. well its only money right? we always pay because we try to keep as much money as we can during the year, one year we broke dead even owing the govrnment a whole dollar. It was a bit more than that,this year but it is done. Bobbins and coffee cups full XXXXXXXXOOOOOOO

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue May 11, 2021 6:18 am

Good morning,

MARY Q - safe travels as you head off into the wilds of Wisconsin today! Hope everything sells. I plan to do my sew-along blocks today. No, I'm rarely on FB so I didn't see that about Izzy. What happened to her DH? Were the burns serious??

SHARONA - maybe you did post yesterday but didn't notice that someone else had posted just before you. This program holds up your post to allow you to read the new one and add a response if you wish. That feature has caught me before!

LYN - what's the news from Newmar?

VELDA - glad the appt went well. But bummer it didn't fix your hearing. But what a blessing that we now live in an age where we have hearing aids, glasses, and even cataract surgery.

JUDI - Glad you got the taxes done. Getting a refund always sounds good but actually, you are just letting the government use your money. Breaking even, if possible, is the way to go. Hope you win the dust bunny war so you can get back to planning a baby quilt!

Yesterday our friends were getting their new windows installed. It's a 2-day project for them. Ours was only 1 day. Bill went over to help reroute wiring because it ran where they were installing a new sliding door where a window used to be and there was wiring in the walls. I was going to do some sewing but ended up spending the afternoon making chicken cacciatore and a walnut cake and we had the friends over because I know how destroyed their house is right now. Our house was bad but they have about 10xstuff we have. We have plenty of leftovers so we may have them back for a repeat tonite. But if so, all I'll have to do is toss a salad and do a re-heat. So for today, I'm going to finally catch up my sew-along blocks. I have the apron to make still and now the Christian Cross block. Funny, I made a single Christian Cross last week for another project.

I talked to Cindy yesterday for about an hour. Things aren't good and are getting worse. Don has had several surgical procedures, has lost a lot of weight, and has a bacterial infx in his blood. He can't have chemo with this infx. Since they halted the chemo the cancer has moved into his liver and now his lymph nodes. He is getting infused with a high power antibiotic 3x/day for a month. If it clears the infx he will go back on chemo. Without chemo, dr gives him 6 months. He is no longer working so Cindy is working full-time still to support them. They are going camping Memorial Day weekend for 4 days but after that will start selling stuff - boat, trailer, pick-up, etc. She could use some prayers.

Piece!
Mary z

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue May 11, 2021 6:20 am

Good morning!

Sort of up - it's cold here, 35, so I have a nice comfy quilt over me. At least the sun is shining!

Not much planned for today. A bit of straightening and sewing. Just learned that my youngest niece is going to be a grandmother. She is 38. So Sandee is heading up to a baby shower this weekend and I will make a crocheted edge receiving blanket for her to take from Aunt Jana. I have never met my niece's daughter, as this is my oldest brother's side of the family, of which he has created problems. Sandee has learned to "smile sweetly" , as we put it, and deal with all that drama, for a couple of hours, once in awhile.

If the posting of pictures work, later, I have one to share of my new bed, dressed in the log cabin quilt and shams I just finished. I do like it a lot!

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Tue May 11, 2021 6:36 am

Morning
Izzy prayers for quick healing on hubby's hand.

Today I will push mow front lawn. Zero turn not ready yet. It's ok. I like using push mower.

Flo

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Tue May 11, 2021 6:53 am

Good morning. Dh burnt self pretty bad 2nd 3rd degree. We left oil on stove after fixing lunch Sunday got grease fire and it engulfed his hand and body scarier thing I ever saw huge fireball he is do blessed not to be covered in burns just right hand forearm and left foot. Oil spilled out into his shoe melted sock completely off his foot holes in his pants and shirt where they caught on fire. Has bandages changed twice days I Iโ€™m playing nurse he canโ€™t drive so working from home

Back to work today for us ds kept looking man home today will have him tomorrow

Doing some work on another ufo form els attic quilt blocks putting them together

Nothing else new here. My life is never dull

Hugs ๐Ÿค— prayer ๐Ÿ™ happy stitching ๐Ÿงต
๐Ÿizzy

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Tue May 11, 2021 7:08 am

Happy Tuesday, first night back on call, so far no calls, Knock on wood! One of the Mary's I think it was asked if I was working a day job now. I only have 2 patient's from another company. I usually will only take one at a time from her but the second one lives just a block down from me so I said okay. And then after that, I heard from the Home Health agency that I haven't heard from in months that they had a patient for me so now I am in a bit more than I am comfortable with.

I haven't been here in a few days so I am sure I have missed a bunch. Izzy I did see on Facebook about your DH. I hope he is doing okay. Watch real close for infection. Prayers for all to turn out okay. Twice a day bandage changes, what a good nurse you are.

Jana how fun t have a new baby in the family. Drama happens to all of us. Prayers for healing of the family.

Maryq prayers for safe travels. The mail I see has not delivered your winnings. It must be stuck somewhere.

spending most of the week at the quilt shop. Yesterday was charity quilt day, wed and thursday free sew, friday working for shop hop.

Well caregiver here so need to get, not even dressed yet.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Tue May 11, 2021 7:11 am

Good morning everyone!

MaryZ asked about the Silverleaf control panel. Here's a picture of it. It controls and monitors everything.

By the way the outside temp was 38, not 73.

I have checked with the Customer Service receptionist and our request for service was sent to the team leaders, I think there's 6 teams. Some have emailed back that they don't have room in schedule. 2 haven't answered yet. Yesterday I called the Silverleaf Co. and a guy told me what needed fixed. Then he told me to get a trickle battery charger. I called him back and he helped me hook it up and pull wire to remove power from solenoid, that is the problem. This way the cranking batteries are safe from any voltage spikes. Also checked out a module that tells the outside temp and manages the electric load. It's been damaged from bad solenoid and will need to be replaced. Bottom line, if Newmar doesn't have a free tech, I will buy the 2 parts and fix it myself. The biggest thing is to make sure all power is off and house batteries unhooked. The Silverleaf guy will help me, if it comes to that.
Lyn
Last edited by WeeOne on Tue May 11, 2021 7:17 am, edited 3 times in total.

maryq

Post by maryq » Tue May 11, 2021 7:15 am

Good Morning Girls

Just a quick hello before I jump in the shower and get ready to head out my little adventure to Wisconsin. My car is packed to the gills .. though I saved a little spot to put my cooler with water and diet coke for the ride. Hate to drink too much along the way... means too many potty stops! :lol: :lol:

I'll try to keep in touch via my Ipad... but I will be sending a lot of prayers all along the 4 hour drive... For Don and Cindy... For Izzy's DH, and for all in need.

I wish you all a Terrific Tuesday and a very happy week ahead.

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Tue May 11, 2021 7:43 am

Good morning all! Just a quick stop in today. Went and got my bloodwork done yesterday and everything came back normal. I let the boys know I was going to be around a bit longer to "drive them crazy" which I know made their day. LOL

Not much planned for today. Going to let the yard dry out one more day and will mow tomorrow. We got 2 inches of rain on Sunday and with my clay it takes longer to dry out. I can't stand looking at all the dead dandelion stems. I love them when they are yellow but not the dead ones.

Well better go get something to eat. Smoke and Sweetie have been fed and are back to sleep already. Hope everyone has a good and safe day.

Sherry

Return to โ€œSew insโ€