Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday, May 10th, 2021

Daily discussions.
WeeOne

Monday, May 10th, 2021

Post by WeeOne » Mon May 10, 2021 3:46 am

Good morning, good morning, good morning, it's time to rise and shine. Good morning, good morning, good morning, I hope you're feeling fine. Get out of bed you sleepy head..... Anyone remember the rest of that little song?

Hope everyone has a great Monday!

We are still at the Newmar Service Center. A problem started with our Silverleaf control panel, Friday night. We are now considered 'walk ins', since our work was done and paid for last Friday. So, we wait to see if they'll get us in quickly.
Lyn

fabricgirl

Re: Monday, May 10th, 2021

Post by fabricgirl » Mon May 10, 2021 3:59 am

Good morning Lynn and all who follow,

Today will be a trip to foodshopping then when I get home will put everything away and then there will be sewing time.

I have all the fuseable on the tshirts and then I will be trying to figure out the pattern for the quilt layout.

Lynn thanks for opening up the thread I hope you have a great day

Everyone have a great day prayers go out to all.
Lois.

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Mon May 10, 2021 4:17 am

Good Morning Lyn and Lois and all the others. I am up and going early today. Need to get my shower early since I have a doctor appointment at 8:20. I have ear wax build up and had to do drops twice a day for a week prior to the appointment to soften the old wax. Boy, it must be working since my head feels stuffed up like a head cold. Voice echos in my head. Yuk! It's so annoying! I hope this all means doctor can successfully get my ear cleared.
This is the first time ever that I had ear wax problem. I don't use q-tips. That was drilled into my head way bad when not to use anything in ears. So this just happened, I guess. Don't know what they will use to flush it out. A tiny bulb came in package with the drops to flush ear in the shower. Never seemed to do anything, so who knows?? I will tell you all later how it goes.
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon May 10, 2021 4:21 am

Good morning, it is cold agin here I looked out this morning and saw frost. I stripped the bed and remade it that is probably the job I hate most about housekeeping. I dont mond dishes or laundry but i hate remaking the bed...(But clean sheets are so comfy)
We have an appt to have our taxes done this afternoon. We always pay so no surprise there. in the meantime I will sew. My granddaughter finally decided the nursery will be pink flowers so I will pull fabric for a baby quilt/ I will do simple patchwork with maybe cabbage rose..9 weeks till the baby comes no name is picked out yet,
well I need aome coffee...and return to the sewing room. have a great day,
Lyn hope your coach is fixed soon. My sisters Mh has been in the repair for over a month waiting on warrenty work and parts...
Lois grocery shopping is fun for me...but I always forget something,,,XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon May 10, 2021 5:02 am

Good morning everyone cloudy here after a windy day yesterday but it was sunshine all day
Hope everyone had a nice Mother’s Day I sure did
Lyn I hope you don’t have a long wait and can get moving again
Lois Happy shopping
Judi Making beds isn’t easy but necessary
Velda That happened to me once It affects your hearing The Dr flushed mine out Hope yours comes out The kits you buy to flush is a joke Never worked for me I have never used q-tips either
My 2 nieces come today so I better get going to prep food
Have a great day everyone. Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon May 10, 2021 5:30 am

Good morning!

It's still early here and the sun is about to peek over the mountains. Chilly, but warming up to normal as the day progresses.

Aaron got a wonderful surprise on Saturday. His BIL has a good friend who works for a major BBQ brand maker. One of that brands top of the line smokers was replaced for a supposed defect reported by the original owner. So this friend gave the returned smoker to Aaron's BIL. This BIL has no idea on how to use it, so this smoker now lives at Aaron's. Aaron went over it with a fine tooth comb looking for the supposed defect, peeling paint, there is none. So until the manufacturer wants it back, Aaron gets to use it. More than likely, the manufacturer will never want it back according to the BIL's friend. This grill smoker is the top of the line, everything you would want and costs around $1600. Aaron is a extremely happy camper!. Aaron has drooled over one like this for years, knowing it was way out of his price range. Oh, his BIL used another grill at his house, and almost caught the wall of his house on fire, scorched the wall badly. Hence, Aaron getting the new grill.

Not much here. I don't know my handyman 's schedule for the Batt Cave. My lesson went very well yesterday. They all loved the little tissue holders I had made. I only made a couple more than I needed. Always good to have extras! The kids all stopped by and brought me flowers and a brownie from my Lila. She carefully wrapped her brownie in a paper napkin and gave it to me. Such a little sweetheart, so as she was here, Grandma shared bites back with her. Lila is just 3 last month.

So I will play in the Batt Cave and be ready if needed as a lovely assistant.

Hugs,
Jana

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Mon May 10, 2021 5:45 am

We checked in, filled out the 'walk in' paper and attached a page that I typed up with what the monitoring system is doing. Now we wait. Receptionist in customer lounge says they don't usually allow 'walk ins' on Monday's, but since we were here last week they might make an exception. I came back to the Coach and tried pulling the fuses to reset system. Didn't work. DH is taking a nap now.
Lyn

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon May 10, 2021 6:03 am

Good morning,

LYN - I hope you get the repair done quickly. What is a Silverleaf control panel? What does it control?

JANA - Such a sweet Mother's Day you had! And that brownie was probably the best ever! Great news for Aaron. He was due for something good to come his way. Our friend just bought a huge and expensive Yoder smoker and loves it. Kind of funny about the guy who almost set his house on fire. Chriss gave me a tissue holder, too. And, following her pattern, I've made many (though not 80!!) and given them out as gifts. They are great little treats to present to friends - or classes.

JUDI - you had a wild weekend! I hope it settles down now and you can get busy on that new baby quilt. 9 weeks doesn't always mean 9 weeks!

LOIS - have fun with those t-shirt blocks. The one I made was designed by Autumn for her DH. She didn't have enough t-shirts to make a quilt the size she wanted so she sketched a row of small pinwheel blocks across between the third and fourth tee-blocks. It made a great accent. Like Judi, I enjoy food shopping and hope you do, too. I will have to go tomorrow or Wed to pick up a few things.

VELDA - good luck at the doc's today. Hope your ear is better after their treatment. When I use that oil in those little flush kits you buy, I float the bottle of oil in warm water for a few minutes. Helps to soften the wax.

BECCA - have a nice time with your nieces. I think you said they are spending the night..? I thought of you a lot yesterday as we were in Hoodsport. I was looking for churches where your DGS might have pastored. I only saw one - I think it was Episcopalian. We were exploring the Hamma Hamma and Duckabush rivers and Lake Cushman. I'm sure he's familiar with those places.

We had a nice day yesterday. Took the dog and went for a picnic and a long ride into the mountains to look at old places we camped with our parents. Things have changed a LOT! Because of Covid the campgrounds weren't been maintained last year and it doesn't look like they will open them this year either. And our trailer would never fit. These are tenter cgs for sure now. And back then, I was a tenter. But it was a nice day anyway. And we explored a state park right on the salt water (Hood Canal) that looks very promising.

Today I plan to do a little (very little) bit of work in the yard, some house uglies, and if the new sew-along block gets posted, catch up on those. Bill is going to resume rebuilding our deck stairway and I'll hang out with him and supervise if necessary. It will be a multitasking day.

Hope we all get to roll in the cotton a little bit today!
mary z

maryq

Post by maryq » Mon May 10, 2021 8:21 am

Good Morning Girls

A little late to the party this morning... am battling a minor "Intestinal disorder" Think I might have eaten something yesterday that is just not sitting (or leaving) very well. :cry: :mrgreen: :evil:
But It is a beautiful and I am hoping that whatever this is.. passes quickly. Lots to do today.

In case y'all don't see Izzy on Facebook... she had to take her DH to hospital ER for 3rd degree burns..Not sure how he did it.. but they could both use some extra prayers.

Lyn.... Sure hope they can take of your home ASAP... I imagine you are anxious to get back to CO? I don't suppose you'll get up to Canada this year either will you? If you decide to come as far as Minnesota... let me know! We do have fish here too! :lol: :lol:

Lois... Good job to have done... all that fusible ironed on! How many shirts did you end up with? Will it be a pretty big quilt?

Velda.... Hope your ear problem is solved by now? Dr.s have a special tool they can get in there and pull out wax. I was told once to never put anything smaller than my elbow in my ear! :lol: :lol:

Judi... Oh my.. we are " a pair" I LOVE clean sheets, but HATE making the bed. It would go so much easier and faster with two people. I put it off until the last possible minute--just before I want to crawl in bed. Oh gosh, I love picking out baby names. I named a niece and nephew!

Becca.... Was a wonderful Mother's Day here! Facetimed with far-away kids and spent afternoon with Kevin and his inlaws! Such a beautiful day!

Jana.... What a fun surprise for Aaron.. We know where he will be for most of the summer.... playing with his grill/smoker. My DB has one of those big green Egg things... He's done a Turkey in it... SO good!

Maryz.... This weeks block is posted so you are good to go! Sounds like you guys had a fun day...interesting to go back and see places of our youth. My Dad used to take us to a place he called "Jacobson's pasture" when we were kids.. Sure wish I knew where that was... I'd love to see it today.. though it's probably built up with houses now.

Time to get motivated here this morning. Kevin helped me pack my car with all it would hold to take to Wisconsin tomorrow. So I just need to tidy up a few things.. don't want to come home to a mess!

I'll check in tomorrow morning before I hit the road!

Wishing you all a Marvelous Monday

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Mon May 10, 2021 8:34 am

Hi all... I am back from appointment. Good news: my using the drops for nine days prior to appointment worked! Doctor examined my ear and said it was almost all cleaned out with what we did.
Nurse came in and flushed and a bit of wax worked up and out. I asked her to show me. I was amazed at how small the amount was and it was very light colored. Nurse said" that's because you followed the instructions with the drops" I self flushed in the shower three different times. Doctor said that is what flushed the biggest part out prior to this appointment.
But bad news is: I don't feel like hearing is any better. Friday I get hearing tested. Prepared myself that I may have hearing loss that may require hearing aids. Whatever it takes. And whatever I need!
Vel
Last edited by QuiltGram8 on Mon May 10, 2021 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Return to “Sew ins”