Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday May 8

Daily discussions.
WeSignificant

Re: Saturday May 8

Post by WeSignificant » Sat May 08, 2021 9:09 am

Happy Saturday and Happy Mother's Day to all. (Just in case I don't make it tomorrow)

Trying to catch up on sew along blocks, have my apron sewn together but now need to figure out how I am going to applique it down. I am running low on many of the fabrics I have been using so trying to introduce new ones.

Vel glad you found a place to sit and eat. Went to dinner last night with DH, first time since I don't know when. Nice restaurant but unfortunately affected by Covid issues. We did sit outside which was nice. Menu has been cut in half and out usual favorites not available at this time. But I did find some garlic/rosemary chicken to try. It was good. Lava cake for dessert.

Flo grey and teal sounds like a nice combination. I will have to put some together next time I am at the LQS and see if I like it.

Lois sure wish we could escape those Uglies somehow.

Chriss we are currently 64 with high of 85 expected. Think I will open the doors here too. Fresno likely to be over 90. Yuk! Sounds like you are having a wonderful time with the little ones. I am too far from Rosalina to really do much and she has stranger anxiety bit time so when I am, nope she just wants Mom and Dad.

Maryz we need a new mattress also. Have been putting it off for I have no idea why. Still have a few payments on Dad's bed and maybe then. 12 hours wow, was a big rig involved? They can really delay things.

Jana a Bar Stool in church? That's a novelty! I guess Jesus did change water into wine.

Sherry wish you could have gone to the quilt show. I haven't been to one in so long. Maybe later this year. PIQF is always the weekend of my birthday so we will see.

Judi glad to hear the good news about the Covid cases. Prayers for continued healing.

Maryq your winnings should arrive today according to the tracking. You sure are a busy little bee lately!

Well one person to see today. He takes a bit as he has pleurix drains and they take a bit to drain but then I may focus on some sewing. Will have a long week next week so need to start getting my free sew stuff together.

Dad should be up soon so best get a few things done.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

womster

Re: Saturday May 8

Post by womster » Sat May 08, 2021 10:50 am

Good afternoon -

Woke up late so now am late for everything! I got my days mixed up - the gutter guy comes today.

Chriss - with leaf guard they angle the gutters to match your roof line. There's a hood over the gutters so the pine needles supposedly slide off. That was the problem with the other three gutter fixes - the pine needles just sat there, taunting us. It looks like we've gone around and just stuffed the gutters with pine needles!

I cleaned out half the garden area by the gate. I wore a mask and still breathed in so much pine needle crap my lungs were most displeased. I will double-mask next time.

Maryq, my house was really ugly too so I'm paying the price by having to get it cleaned up before the guy gets here.

Maryz - we used to have a double and I'm so glad we went to queen. I see new sheets in your future.

Have a glorious day! xoxo Sharona

Return to “Sew ins”