Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday May 5,2021

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Wednesday May 5,2021

Post by fabricgirl » Wed May 05, 2021 1:08 am

Good morning and Happy Hump day,

Today will be a stay at home day I want to start the tshirt quilt I think I have read so much about it that I was starting to confuse my own self :lol: .
Yesterday we took a ride to Walmart looking for slippers and Judi this is for you I got the big goose egg they had none for me so I might go to target or kohls next.

We are suppose to get rain here by the afternoon so its definitely an indoor day.

I hope everyone has a great day prayers go out to all in need.
Lois

WeeOne

Re: Wednesday May 5,2021

Post by WeeOne » Wed May 05, 2021 2:39 am

This up at 4 a.m. is for the birds!
But, they are getting everything done on the Coach.
Have a great day!!
Lyn

Becca, I'm sorry to hear about your niece. Sending prayers.

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed May 05, 2021 4:06 am

Good Morning it is cool and cloudy. We had a fun time at the famous resturant and great food. SIL got a t shirt ith Klinger on it and Ken bought a coffee cup.
Today we are invited to Kens nieces house for supper..( will I forget how to cook???LOL) it will be their last outing before they fly home late thursday after noon. then I am excited to meet Sherry at the Sauder Village quilt show...we will tour and have lunch, there is a fabulous quilt shop there and I have been saving my pennies. It has been way too long since we could go to a quilt show...
well I hear stirring downstairs. need coffee...Have a great day,,,,When ever I have a few minute I come up here and check on you and cut a few pieces of a new quilt. XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Wed May 05, 2021 4:35 am

Morning
Been MIA awhile. Just busy. The rain has brought lots of yard work, which us up to me because Joe is gone all week long. He only had Saturday to work on kids house, which means things are close but up to a crawl. We are just about ready to install floors.
Been cross stitching and started new quilt for new grandbaby due in July...another girl.
Need to run
Flo

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Wed May 05, 2021 5:24 am

Judi, in the quilt show this weekend? I'm 2 hours from Sauder Village.
Lyn

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed May 05, 2021 5:31 am

Good morning!

When we were out shopping too, yesterday, I was surprised, big time, at how the stores had so many empty shelves! To me, it seemed like the store could open in a much smaller space and still have what they were selling. I did find some of the stuff on my list, but not all.

The big quilt is now upstairs for the handwork. It is TV watching project. My Giants are on TV more, since they are in the division lead. That's a good thing! LOL! Most of the time, Michael says, 200 TV channels and nothing worth watching.

A ugly or two, and sewing in the Batt Cave. Michael is drawing up the next phase of the ceiling project. That way we know what we need and then I can order that , as it is needed. The first 0hase is ordered and now shipped, and will be here next week. Gives me enough time to make the way clear for ladders and work.

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed May 05, 2021 5:38 am

Good morning

We are home from our camping trip. We had lots of fun and really relaxed. The beaches are long and Sandy and we walked many miles on them. I even was able to hit one quilt shop. It is only half of what it used to be pre-Covid, but at least it’s survived and is starting to recover.

We did notice setting up camp that our trailer tires were wearing more than they should. So we ended up spending a couple hours (and many of our favorite dollars!) at discount tire in Portland on the way home. But we should be good now for several years. 🤞

Today will be the usual post-trip activities, laundry, cleaning/restocking trailer, then cleaning house. Maybe some grocery shopping and pick up our mail.

Occasionally on this trip I had enough cell to read The forum on my phone but not enough to send anything. And even though I am on my phone because we have not unpacked the computers yet. Not sure why we even took them along.

Becca, was so sorry to read about the loss of your niece. Heaven gained another angel

Lori - I head you put your mom in the care of Hospice. So sorry. :cry:

Flo, congratulations on a new grandbaby on the way! Exciting news! Is this the son that is living with you?

Judy, overall, how has the week gone with your company? I read that your SIL has no hobbies. Hard to entertain someone who isn’t interested in anything. But what a great treat you will have on Friday at Sauder Village. Plus a new quilt to play with!

Lyn, glad you made it to Neumos safely. That would be cool if you could meet up with the others at Sauder Village. I remember how fun it was when we got together in Texas with Cindy and Honey.

Jana, Are you ordering only some of your ceiling tiles at a time? I would be worried they would suddenly become unavailable and I couldn’t finish the job. That is the kind of stuff that happens to us

It’s great to be home. I have Chiropractor this morning, massage tomorrow morning, and I desperately need a haircut so hope I can get an appointment for that today or tomorrow. We are leaving again May 17 for four days. Going on a short wine tasting trip In Eastern Washington. Maybe today I will even get to fire up my Bernie and make a few stars for my star bright quilt.

Wishing everyone a wonderful Wednesday!

Mary Z

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Wed May 05, 2021 7:20 am

Good morning all! Well finally going to do my taxes today. I do them on the computer because they are so easy since I am retired. I usually only have to pay some taxes on my IRA distribution which I had to start doing when I was 70. I have put off doing them too long. Otherwise not much planned for today.

LYN - The Sauder Village Quilt Show is this weekend May 6 - 8. Judi and I have met there for several years and then shop and eat lunch at The Barn Restaurant there. If you want to join us you are welcome. We meet at 10 am in the area just inside of the show where you pay your fee. If you pull up the Sauder Village website you can get more information. It is really a great show. Luckily I only live 20 miles away.

Well, better go get some breakfast and feed the furbabies. Hope everyone has a great and safe day.

Sherry

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Wed May 05, 2021 8:21 am

Happy Hump day!

2 patients to see, then train the new nurse in how to chart. Hoping she has some experience. That will take most of the day and then a quick trip to the base for one more medication. Long story as I just picked them up yesterday but have to go back.

Lois goose egg?
Lyn I am up at that time most days, sometimes even out and about seeing a patient or two. Glad they are getting the coach taken care of though.
Judi always so much fun meeting each other. I only met 3 of you in person and would so love to meet a few more.
Flo been wondering where you were. A new granddaughter, how wonderful! Forgot I think to mention yesterday that Rosalina is now 1!
Jana I went shopping at the commissary yesterday and the shelves were full. Must have arrived not long after the truck!
Maryz been thinking about a massage myself. The one time I went, I was so sore in my upper back and shoulders for 3 days!
Sherry would love to go to Sauder Village, maybe some day.

Dad continues to deny any problems with his eye since his injection so I guess it is okay. He doesn't always seem to recognize when there is a problem but since he is not screaming in pain, no drainage or redness, can only assume things are good.

Going to be 80 ish today so that is better but still too hot for my liking. I love the fog, rain, clouds. Could never live in Hawaii! Well almost time for me to clock out. Want to get a bit of sewing done before I have to leave for my next job.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

womster

Post by womster » Wed May 05, 2021 8:56 am

Good morning!

Lois – you will do fine with the t-shirt quilt. I was like you and read everything I could find on how to do one. As long as you put the stabilizer on the back, all will be well. Enjoy your day in and sorry about the lack of slippers.

Lyn – that is an obscene time in my book. Although my DH got up today at 3:10 - I was most displeased. Glad the repairs are getting done.

Judi – it sounds like this visit was a good one – I’m glad. I remember which direction to go from the Dayton airport by remembering Klinger was from Toledo. Without the mountains to guide me, I am lost. Enjoy dinner at the niece’s house.

Flo – nice to see you. Congrats on another granddaughter!

Jana – I was also shocked by empty shelves. I went to Kohls to try and find a new pair of tennis shoes. ALL of the front shelves were empty! It was a shock. Hope you can find the remainder of your list without too much of a hassle.

Maryz – WELCOME HOME! I’m glad you and Bill got a chance to recharge your batteries.

Sherry – the quilt show sounds like a lot of fun. Good luck with taxes.

Valerie – thanks for the info on your dad’s eye. I had forgotten he had a stroke there. Hope the training goes swiftly. Our heat is still on – and I’m not looking forward to 80s either. Although we won’t even get into the 70s this week.

Becca – I was so sorry to hear about the passing of your niece. Prayers to all.

We hit Costco yesterday and then the rest of my day disappeared somewhere. Today I’m headed back outside – 85 percent done now with the gutting/reorging of the sewing space. Not much else new. Have a glorious day! xoxo Sharona

Return to “Sew ins”