Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday May 4 2021

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Tuesday May 4 2021

Post by fabricgirl » Tue May 04, 2021 4:21 am

Good morning,

Just doing a fast drop by to say hello
Today we are taking a ride to Walmart I need new slippers so will go see what they have.

Well thats all the news here I hope everyone has a great day.
Quick question has and herd from Flo it's been a while.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

Becca

Re: Tuesday May 4 2021

Post by Becca » Tue May 04, 2021 4:58 am

Hello everyone cloudy today after rain yesterday More rain coming
We lost our niece yesterday to cancer So sad
Lois Enjoy your outing
Have a wonderful day to all Prayers for all in need. Becca

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Tue May 04, 2021 5:08 am

Becca so sorry for your Loss sending prayers to your family.

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Tue May 04, 2021 5:13 am

Good morning my beautiful thunderstorm is rolling through as I type this this morning
Yesterday was a horrible day my sciatic nerve is pinched down my right leg and I was in excruciating pain did you Stamm massage heat ice it is finally released this morning not as bad.
All of this is from the fall in the barn so lesson learned injuries for me anymore or horrific.
I am so tired of being in pain so I will get off that soapbox and tell you what I’ve been up to in the sewing room I still do not have the quilt long armed because I can’t stand at the long arm long enough so hopefully that will get done if the storms quit this evening.
I have got a lot of hand quilting done on DH Bible quilt since all I can do is sit on ice or heating pad
I have my quilt blocks for Els attic pulled out I finally found a matching fabric that I can set them all in that I am pleased with so that top is going to be made and most likely the next one slapped on the long arm to be completed. So hopefully can post that UFO completed soon
I watch a lot of these live sales from Quilts shops across the US on Facebook these poor shops bless their hearts I know are struggling in this whole epidemic crap. It does amaze me how prices have risen on most fabric and quilting supplies which most of the shop owners have kind of given a forewarning as such happening. Luckily I don’t really need anything but I did get some gadgets for my hand quilting that I needed. And was able to find the E batik fabric to finish my els attic quilt.
So I have a little man five days a week now DDIL got a promotion at work so she is in training for the next three months so I will have a little man more not that it makes a difference five days four days he’s a good little boy so he just keeps me busy. Can you believe that Saturday is his fourth birthday where on earth did four years ago he is such a busy little boy
Well nothing else new here guess I better get busy at work starts at 8:30
🤗 hugs 🙏 prayers 🧵happy stitching
🐐izzy

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Tue May 04, 2021 5:15 am

Good morning,,,
Becca Sincerest Condolances on the loss of your niece.
Lois I need new slippers too,,,let me know what you find.
Well I was up at 530a...So as not to wake the house guests I stayed in my sewing room and did my sew in block and cleaned up here. I hear my SIL downstairs but have not been down yet. Since she is a smoker she is out on the front porch. My BIL is a late sleeper. Ken had a meeting at the rink this morning so he went there early.. When he gets home we will head to TOledo Ohio to take the SIL to TOny Packos resturant for lunch,,,She rarely leaves Colorado and is a huge MAsh fan so was asking if that was the same TOledo Ohio talked about by Klinger on Mash, We said we will do one better by taking her to the restuarant Klinger talked about and there are pictures of him there, We are trying very hard to show them as much as we can, BIL was raised here but she has never been,,,We took her to Detroit yesterday and showed her downtown...and to a state park in the middle of Detroit. It is called Belle Isle and I spent a lot of time there as a kid. She was amazed to see Canada from our downtown, taking lots of pictures. it was raining all day but that didnt stop the tour.
Well I guess i should get coffee and be sociable. hope you all are well it rained here all night but the sun is shining now...high today 55, XXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOO

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue May 04, 2021 6:16 am

Becca, so sorry for your loss.
Lori 8-)

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue May 04, 2021 6:38 am

Good morning!

Becca - so sorry for the loss of your niece. Many prayers of comfort.

Still haven't made it out for our shopping traipse. It is a must today, as I need to drop off one of Michael's suits to be cleaned. We will need it back before Sunday.

Not much new around here. We did get the first part - the Batt Cave, family area - of the ceiling ordered. This will do about 1/3 of the entire basement ceiling. Our handyman will come and install it, when all the pieces parts arrive, next week. We decided to take this project in smaller bites, as not to overwhelm the budget too much. We wished we could have purchased it locally, but no one carries it and right now, Lowes and Home Depot are very unreliable in their delivery schedules. We have Sarah's flooring as the last example.

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Tue May 04, 2021 7:28 am

Good morning everyone! Today I have to go to the base and pick up some meds for dad and get some groceries. Haven't had a caregiver since Thursday so somethings not getting done. One of his old ones will come back today and then his regular will return tomorrow.

Jana so happy to hear Andrew's test is negative. Yes, the spit test is notoriously wrong! We are only allowed to use the nasal swab for work.
Becca so sorry to hear about your niece. Prayers for your family and know that God will walk with you through the grief. And no, no Bunnies in the strawberries! I found the culprits, rolly polly bugs. I was told garlic spray would take care of them. So DH crushed up some garlic and watered the plants with it. I am thinking he was just to spray them. I am thinking we are going to have garlic flavored strawberries! Also they said to remove all the dead debris as they feed on that.
Katy a Candy Cane pepper has striped green and white leaves. Then as the pepper grows it starts out striped until finally turning to red. It is a sweet flavor not hot like Jalapeno.
Chriss don't let the weight loss stall scare you. It inevitably happens to everyone especially as you get closer to your goal. You are correct though in just get up the next day and start over. Maybe increase your water intake a bit especially in light of these HOT days. Over 90 in Vallejo yesterday!
Mary I will be starting my aprons later in the week. Maybe the weekend. Starting to get a bit behind with no caregiver and now 2 new hospice patients. My home health agency said they had a patient for me but haven't heard anything else.
Wormster, the eye injection is for bleeding and swelling in the back of the eye. The eye doctor said Dad has essentially had a stroke in his eye. The eye continues to bleed. It is the same medication as for Macular Degeneration. It was interesting to watch and first time I knew you could put betadine in the eye! He did good. I was a bit worried.
Wow Judi, can't imagine not doing so many things. Do you need any flowers planted?

Well caregiver here so must go
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Tue May 04, 2021 8:15 am

Good morning all! Just a quick stop in today. Got my latest project out and ready to start. It is going through all of my pictures and saving some and tossing out others. I also am going to write on the backs who or what it is for my sons after I am gone. When my mom died we had a lot of pictures we had no idea who or what they were. Had rain here yesterday but still need more.

Wesig - Hope your dad gets well soon.

Becca - So sorry for the loss of your niece. Your family is in my prayers.

Izzy - Hope you can lose your pain soon so you feel better.

Judi - With your company here are you still going to be able to come to the Quilt Show on Friday? Looking forward to seeing you.

Well better go get us some breakfast. Hope everyone has a good and safe day.

Sherry

Return to “Sew ins”