Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

saturday May 1st

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

saturday May 1st

Post by grammiequilts » Sat May 01, 2021 4:22 am

Its Mayday....good morning. we are ready and waiting our house guests. i will run a dust rag over the furniture and hope all goes well.
We have 30 here and frost...I wonder how all these folk that crowded the green nhouse buying all sorts of veggies are keeping the frost away. We never plant before may 10th here,,,according to my father and grandfather,,Ken will turn up my fence garden this week and I will plant 4 tomatoes, four green peppers and 4 cukes...that will do it for us since there are farmers markets all around us. Maybe some basil too. We used to plant a huge garden but with the 2 of us...we just plant the space bteween the fence and driveway,,,2 ft wide easy to weed and sunny and right by the back door...cucumbers gow up the fence. (we share with the neighbor if he wishes)
Not sure how much quilting will get done here this week, but I may try to sneak in. I am almost done with the mini quilt. pieced the 44 1 inch 4 patches for the border and the inner border is flying geese need to get them sewn and then do some quilting.
Hope you all have agreat day XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

Becca

Re: saturday May 1st

Post by Becca » Sat May 01, 2021 4:58 am

Good morning everyone sunny here at 49
They called for 38 but it didn’t drop that much I’m glad due to flowers You aren’t supposed to plant here until May 15
Many do & lose it

Judi Hope your week goes good

I have laundry going Then get my walk in Have no clue what’s on tap for today It’s been a tiring week Our 2 nieces are coming to visit next week so be guess I will get ready for them. Becca

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sat May 01, 2021 5:34 am

Good morning all,
Went to the eye Dr yesterday they dialed eyes and I was good for nothing took me about 5 hours to wear off.
Today we are taking a trip to bjs today our club has an eyeglass place in there I want new glasses mine are old as the hills so yes I want new my eyes have not changed so thats always good.

Judi we don't plant our garden till almost memorial day.

Becca and Judi enjoy your company.

Well thats all the news here enjoy your day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat May 01, 2021 5:53 am

Good morning!

Worked all day yesterday on making the shams for my bed. I don't have a pattern, so I did all the math for the cutting and assembling. So far, so good. I have a list ready, when we go to the store.

So today will be more of same.

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sat May 01, 2021 6:28 am

Good morning everyone. Hope you all have lots of fun things planned for the weekend.

Today I have a patient to see and some uglies to do. Also hope to be working on some bindings.

I planted one more tomato plant of grape tomatoes. I like them in salads. Also have a zucchini and Watermelon to plant. Then lots of TLC and prayer that they grow.

New thread is posted for UFO's. Please join us if you haven't already. If you have, please lets gets some quilts done.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Sat May 01, 2021 8:46 am

Good morning everyone becca I hope all of your guests arrive and you all have a great visit hugs and prayers for you and DH too.
Jana you’re busy in the sewing room.
Today is derby day that is when we plant our gardens because that is usually the mark when there’s no more fear for frost
I’ve been doing laundry this morning getting floors mopped right now taking a break pretty sore so I’m just sitting having a cuppa coffee and a donut on the front porch
Going to head into the sewing room and get a couple UFOs done I’ve got one on the long arm that needs to be finished quilted so I want to finish that and bind it today
I want to load another one that I have sitting there ready I’ve been working on DH is Bible Quilt hand quilting it got another section done last night. I work on that while I’m sitting on the hot pad since I fractured my tailbone from the fall in the barn.
Nothing new here will be watching the grand five days a week the dear daughter in love got a promotion and for the next three months has to work five days to get trained and then she goes back to her one day off a week. I told her payment would be another grandbaby she laughed 😂😂
Well I best get off my rear and go get back to work
Hugs 🤗 prayers 🙏 happy stitching 🧵
🐐izzy

womster

Post by womster » Sat May 01, 2021 9:27 am

Good morning!

Our yardwork young man is here so I only have a moment. We had to run into town to get a new ceiling fan. Ours quit, and it's going to get into the 80s today. Of course, snow on the way tomorrow. We don't plant here until almost Memorial Day also.

Judi - I hope all goes well with your company.

Becca - I know your nieces will be delighted to see you both.

Lois - it is annoying how long the dilation lasts.

Valerie - yum (except for the watermelon!) on everything you planted.

Izzy - I love the payment for watching the grand.

Have a glorious day! xoxo Sharona

Return to “Sew ins”