Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday April 29

Daily discussions.
QuiltGram8

Thursday April 29

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:02 am

Can't believe I am first person today. Nothing much new here, so I will just say hello and wait to read what everyone is doing today.
Lyn is traveling, so prayers for her safety and DH stays healthy along the way.
Hugs all around
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

grammiequilts

Re: Thursday April 29

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:38 am

Good morning Vel. It is raining and will continue the whole day. Good for the plants and animals..Today is our 55th anniversary. It really doesnt seem that long. We will go to dinner tonight and then revisit the icecream shop where we had one of our first dates.
,it sells the best frozen custard in the universe...I kid you not! and after all these years they still play 50s music and everyone sits in their cars and eats their treats,, ( there are picnic tables too. ) We go there a couple of times a year ( a 20 mile drive) we usually see older couples like us. reliving the past.
On a sour note my very favorite machine that I have used almost daily for 20 years decided not to sew last night,,,I cleaned and pleaded and cleaned some more but she sews a few stitches and then stops and stalls making some new noises ( kinda like me when I go to get outa bed) so I will take her in to the shop today...Praying she can be fixed...we have this bond ...... :cry: I do have a back up machine so I can still sew on the mini quilt and my weekly sew in.
Well I need coffee and get this show on the road....Hope you all have a great day, XXXXXXOOOOOO

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:46 am

Happy, Happy 55!!! What a 🧁 sweet celebration! Kinda romantic. Ours is going to be 54 this summer. I agree... Does not seem like that long. Shows and proves that he is your special love. Enjoy!
Oh how sad about your machine. Sure hope a trip to the "doctor" fixes her up again!
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:05 am

Good morning Ladies,
Today is ugly day nothing else new here I'm waiting on fabric for the tshirt quilt but we all know how that goes slower than molasses in winter I got a conformation on Monday say it shipped but no delivery date yet got to love FedEx.
Judi that's wonderful happy 55th that ice cream place sounds wonderful we just celebrated 45 years in March.
I hope you can get your machine fixed.

Veleda I hope you have a nice day.

Everyone have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois.

velvet

Post by velvet » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:21 am

Good going to to 90 today. Bright and sunny.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!! I hope your day is filled with happy moments from the past and hopes for many more to come.
Today picking up Laura to go to HL. She is feeling pretty good so have to take advantage.
Coffee is calling.
Enjoy
Diane

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:58 am

Hello everyone
Happy Anniversary Judi & Ken That place sounds wonderful Enjoy
I have stripped beds done laundry took my walk & pulled weeds but more to go
Katy That’s a lot of hummers to keep fed
Lyn Safe travels & Hope DH does well
To all others have a wonderful day & Prayers for Cindyg & Don Rosebud & all in need Becca

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:20 am

Happy Anniversary Judi. Have a fun day with your hubby.

Katy, safe travels. Hope you journey is uneventful.

My DS is coming in today. We put my Mom on hospice last Friday and she is going down hill quickly. My days have been spent up there helping out when needed. They have continued care, so there is always someone with her. Giving my Dad a break.

Have a wonderful day.
Lori 8-)

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:24 am

Good morning all! Not much planned for today. Rained most of the night. We needed it though. Will mow tomorrow hopefully if not then will do it Sunday. Saturday is Kentucky Derby Day so I watch horse races all day.

Judi - Hope you and Ken have a very Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you have a good date planned.

Chriss - Smoke and Sweetie say hi to Moose. I only owe about $100 in taxes. Hope your refund is more. I read where it is taking almost 8 weeks for refunds to go out this year. Hope you get yours sooner.

Well better go get my newspaper and some breakfast. Hope everyone has a good and safe day.

Sherry

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:29 am

Good morning!

Judi - that's quite a milestone! Congrats to you and Ken! That ice cream shop sounds delish!

I think we will be running up to SLC today. They have a ceiling tile in stock we need to look at. Lowes and Home Depot don't carry it in the store, just online. We want to see first, before we order them. We have punted the patio door change to down the road a bit and will do the ceilings in the Batt Cave. We are in a slight time crunch, as the ceiling needs to be done before Daniel comes to visit. Daniel will be building train tables and once those are in place, getting to that ceiling will not be possible.

So after that jaunt, I will be sewing. First, repairing Stu's puffy coat and then my stuff!

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

womster

Post by womster » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:06 am

Good morning, my lovlies!

I don't have time to visit - headed to Denver to get my hairs cut.

Judy - Happy Anniversary to you and Ken! I hope your machine just needs a good cleaning/oiling.

Diane - I'm happy your sister is feeling well enough to go to HL. I know you both will enjoy it.

Lori - sorry to hear about your mom going into hospice. I hope your son has a good visit with her. I'm praying for you and your family.

xoxo Sharona

Return to “Sew ins”