Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday April 28th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Wednesday April 28th

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:04 am

Good morning, Warm and cloudy this day. we expect to be 80 again today but thunderstorms are predicted...I have a choice of windows or weeding. Niether will work for storms but I will try to get 4 windows done before the storms they are under overhangs on the house and it its a stright rain it wont bother them.
Yesterday we took the RV to my sisters property so we could bring the kids boat here to be worked on. The boys will clean it up as they want to go fishing. The boat has been sitting and needs a good cleaning.
While at my sisters I sorted through some old fabric from a lady who is moving into assited living and can no longer quilt...This fabric is 30+ years old or more. It had a musty smell and I was tempted to pass it by, but I couldnt so i brought it home and washed it and it came out really really nice and the smell is gone so last night I ironed it and added it to my stash, mostly blues browns and pinks/ 20+ yards...one piece it 5 yds by itself. the rest over a yard each. ( and here I am trying to cut back on the stash)
Well I need to get at those windows and other various chores...Have a wonderful day XXXXXXXXOOOOOO

velvet

Re: Wednesday April 28th

Post by velvet » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:48 am

Good sunny morning from Myrtle beach. Today Paul and Amy are coming here yesterday they spent the day just driving around to get the feel of the area. Can't wait to hug them and the 2 GGD's. The builder for them has all the permits needed so it should be soon and they'll start. Now to wait for my DS and DDIL to get the site released to them in the development about 10 miles from us.

I picked up 5 quilts for binding from the other Diane yesterday, got 3 done already and 2 today. Then I want to finish the blocks for my bedroom quilt. (The fabric brought 2 years ago) I think the block is called "grandma star" Love that block and have used it often. Done in greens and purple batiks. So far so good.

Gram- good luck with your "new" fabric stash. A good washing and pressing was all it needed to get a new life.
Time for coffee and start my day. Enjoy yours.
Diane

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:56 am

Good morning!

We too are finally warming up. Nothing in the plans for today. A few uglies, and sewing. I finished up a bunch of masks for Sandee. They should easily keep her stocked for the rest of the school year.

The shop finally located the right oil seal that was leaking on Matt's truck. Finally! Matt brought the truck home again, and hopefully that was the last time at the shop. It was some seal higher up on the engine block, the shop hadn't checked. And to top all that,Crenda hit some hazard on the road that put a hole in some tubing on her car. The cost of that repair was about 1200, but their car insurance is paying that bill, minus the deductible. So if you hit some debris on the road that causes damage, check with your car insurance, it may be covered under your policy.

Hopefully, just another quiet, nice day here in paradise!

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:21 am

Good wonderful morning, it's going to be a superb day today.

Can't believe it's already Wednesday. this week is flying by. I am so looking forward to the weekend, going to a city wide yard sale. Such a great concept, a town picks a day and everyone who wants to has a yard sale. there is a store in that town that compiles a list of addresses and hands out maps. I am going with one of the ladies I walk with and her daughter.

Judi, yay you, what a great find in that fabric, glad it cleaned up well. happy window washing.

Diane, I imagine you are in your glory getting the kids to move to your area. I would love to have Richard on one side of my house and Marilyn on the other. it's so good to be you. I'm curious, how many kids and grands and greats do you have? are these the ones you fly to visit?

Jana, glad the car issues in your family are being fixed. I love Pinterest, they have so many ideas. I'm thinking of getting something like a jewelry box or bird house, having the kids paint it or glue things to it and they can give it to their mom. The dollar store is my friend when it comes to these kids.

Sharona, hope you caught up on your sleep.

Sherry, Moose says hi to Smoke and Sweetie. Hurry and pay those taxes so the government can afford to send us our refund.

Maryq, I so wish I was hanging out with you these last few days. what fun to go through David's place and find treasures. He must be excited to get to move, marry and have one of the best mother in laws ever. sounds like he fits right in.

Over the weekend I bought a couple of rotisserie chickens from Costco. pulled the chicken off the bone and stuck the skin in the air fryer. oh my gosh, it is marvelous on a salad.

Yesterday I picked up the jeans I ordered from Kohls and because I had Kohls cash I ordered two more pair in the next size down. Jeans are so expensive but these Amanda jeans with the coupons and Kohls cash average about $16 a pair.

Can't think of anything else exciting to tell you about, hope you all have a great day,
Chriss
Psalm 91

maryq

Post by maryq » Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:40 am

Good Morning Girls

FINALLY ... we see the sunshine!!! I shall not complain about the rain however... farmers need it, flowers need it, grass needs it... the air needs it! But I am sure enjoying the bright sun!

Judi... I finally posted your sew along block this morning... Sorry it took me so long... it's been a crazy few days here... I do so love those color/prints you chose... Don't you just love it when fabric comes into your life, even tho musty and you can "resurrect it" Glad the smell came out... they say vinegar works or baking soda. Hope it's stuff you can put to good use

Diane .... How fun to have your kids and grand kids and GREAT grandkids all moving close to you! I'm counting the days until I can get my hands on my Canadian family... then they won't be Canadians any more! 52 days!

Jana... Yeah for car insurance right? Even tho it isn't cheap... you gotta have it! Are you still mandated for masks in Utah? Minnesota still is...

Chriss... Your garage sales sounds like fun... though I don't usually go to GS's. I already have so much stuff.. but I sure have been having fun digging through David's garage! Here's the link to the garage sale I'm going to at Tom and Viv's.. https://www.rummagealongtheriver.com/ There isn't a whole lot of info there, but Ferryville is where I will be.. I'm so hoping I can fit a lot in my car! :lol: :lol:

Today I am going to stay home and work on MY garage! UGH!!! and my car is full of stuff I've brought home from David's that I'll either keep or put in the garage sale... Made David a "honey do" list... He didn't think he was going to have a real garage sale, but I told him just put a sign out on the road and people would drive by. One gal came yesterday and I think she spent 3 hours digging through stuff... even things we had put in the garbage can! Lots of interesting people out there for sure!

So I'm headed out now and will check in with you all tomorrow morning.. Will be up early as I have a meeting with financial guy, then lunch with my oldest DB... it's his 73rd Birthday

Wishing you all Wonderful Wednesday

womster

Post by womster » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:05 am

Good morning!

Judi – congrats to the increase of your fabric stash. Fingers crossed that the boat will clean up quickly so the boys can get to fishing.

Diane – how exciting for your family to start building by you. Your grandma’s star quilt sounds beautiful. I love the color combo.

Jana – glad that the auto/truck sagas are coming to a close. Thanks for the insurance info – I never would have thought of that.

Chriss – it would be nice to have the kids living that close, wouldn’t it. I’ll have to try your chicken trick in the air fryer. The garage sale this weekend sounds so fun! And thanks – I finally did get caught up on my sleep. Amazing what a good night’s sleep will do for a body

Maryq – your week is already full. I agree about meeting some very interesting people at garage sales. Good luck on your garage and getting your car ready for the garage sale this weekend. I love their website - 70 miles of rummage sales!

As I type, it is still snowing. It’s almost a rain/snow combo, because it’s 34 degrees out. We had a wonderful thunder/hail storm yesterday. We really need the moisture also. The weather people have stopped saying ‘this will be the last snow of the season’ because they’ve been wrong about that four times now! OH! - Ordered the three youngest Ohio grandkids airline tickets to come see us for August 1st. Hurray!!!!! I’m headed out to the shop after I order some extra-wide backing for a quilt top I found. Have a glorious day! xoxo Sharona

Return to “Sew ins”