Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

tuesday April 27th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

tuesday April 27th

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:54 am

Good morning,,,Happy Birthday yto my mother in heaven she would have been 101 today. I have a hair appt, at noon so I am up getting as much done as i can this morning. After my hair appt we are tsking the camper to my sisters house for a week oe so. and bringing Liams boat to our house so the boys can work on it,,,It needs a good cleaning as it has been sitting the whole year,,,They want to go fishing. When we will swap them back...after the boat has been cleaned and ready they will cover it and wait for someone to take them fishiing,,it will probably be grampa. No one wanted this boat so Liam (of course) said he wanted it, it is actualy a nice boat...and in perfect shape except for dirty right now. motor runs good.
I did get my sew in block cut but not sewn,,,I might get that done tonight after all the running, I will check with my sister to see if she has the UGRR book but I really dont need it for this block. We share a few of Els books as we went to Paducah together. Meeting Eleanor was a highlight.
Well I need to get moving,,I still have the rest of the guest room to do... The beds are assembled in there and the walls have been done (sore shoulders today) So I need to make the beds and get a rug under their feet.
Hope you all have a sew-wonderful day.XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

fabricgirl

Re: tuesday April 27th

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:05 am

Good morningJudi

Not much going on here allergies are kicking my but but that to shall pass I have nothing I have to do might find a small project to do while I'm waiting for fabric to come.

Well thats my story I hope you all have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois.

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:41 am

Good morning ladies Maryz Z I had to go and pull that magazine and look at that quilt oh my lands 225 squares you keep cutting sweetie
I think with that quilt I would use Jodi Barrows Square in the Square system it would go faster just chain piecing like crazy 😜

Sharona I saw my first hummer Sunday and put the feeder out to

Yesterday little man wanted to mow the yard so what did oma do.... got on the lawnmower and mow the yard oh my goodness did my tailbone hurt by the time I was done but all in all yard is mowed and looks nice and he had a blast riding along with me

Today is supposed to be 80 it’s my busy day for work so little man Will have to play outside by himself some before I can go out. DH installed a security camera so I can watch him play in his little fort while I work

Been working on DH his Bible Quilt hand quilting it at night so not much more yesterday in the sewing room

I want to get busy on this sew along I have my three blocks and then the fourth one sit out to do

Well need to get DD up for the morning get breakfast fed into this bunch and then get ready to hit the computer for work this morning

Hugs 🤗 prayer 🙏 happy stitching 🧵
🐐izzy

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:49 am

Hello everyone sun hasn’t peeked out yet
Judi Hope the DB visit goes ok
Lois It’s bad here for allergies due to pollen
I have laundry going Then off for hair cut My hummingbird feeder is leaking so must get one It was a mess I had to clean from sugar water There was 5 late evening trying to feed
Velda I really enjoy seeing the hummers feeding I Don’t like that they chase others away but that’s their nature Always one dominant
Have a great day to all
Kathy is going to Dr today She was doing good & nurse had been there Kim continues to improve
Becca

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:41 am

Good morning everyone! Hope y'all have a wonderful day!!
On The Road Again!
Lyn

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:46 am

Good morning Ladies

Just a quick hello before going into my gardens. I need to do some trimming and spraying weeds. I really hate grass. Not the normal lawn kind. On veggie front My onions are up and potatoes are finally showing there heads. LOL Will plant a few tomatoes this weekend. I am going from 16 to 10 this year. .
No Hummingbirds hear yet but if they are in Veldas area they will be here soon.
Becca I have about 10 hummingbird feeders and when one gives out I buy a new one. I have at least 90 to 110 birds every year. Thats why I plant flowers.
Izzy supposed to be in the 80's again today here also.
Judi Yes the sew a long block is easy.

Well I need a cup of Java before getting to work (gardening is not work to me) LOL
You all have a great sewing day
Katy

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:04 am

Good marvelously wonderful morning. Today is going to be a great day.

Not much is new here. I'm walking 2 miles each day after work. The ladies I walk with don't like walking on weekends so Saturday I walked alone. I was a little anxious, kind of an untraveled one mile (each way :lol: ) walk, not many houses, very rural. Usually no cars but on Saturday there were three cars and a person on a bike. I knew two of the people in cars and the person on a bike. While I felt a little vulnerable I also found myself looking up and praying. I will do it again, it's a confidence builder. I really need to venture outside my box.

This weekend is a city wide yard sale in a town called Denair. so far 60 sales are planned. You go to a store, get a map and go on your way. Of the three people I asked to go with me two can't make it and one is undecided. I may go alone.

Maryz, made me smile when you said you were putting lights on timers. My dad used to leave a scanner on when he was away so it would sound like people were talking in the house.

Jana, like your oldest brother in my family it's my mom. She and my sister are tight as ticks, and I haven't spoken to her in years. It's a long story and neither of us has that kind of time or energy to go over it. Sad isn't it? what they are missing out on by being hateful.

Maryq, yes, I have an orange tree. I was told citrus wouldn't grow here because it freezes overnight. Jerry has babied that tree, we planted it so it is protected by the house and garage and he covers it in the winter evenings. So far I have gotten about 5 oranges a year from it. right now it is so loaded with blossoms and is about as tall as I am. It will get big one day but who knows when. Wish I could send you some oranges.

Sharona, wish you lived closer, I would love to walk with you.

Becca, aren't you glad you caught that leaky hummer feeder before the ants did?

Lyn, wishing you safe travels and an uneventful trip.

I was up early and did my bible history class. I have until January to complete the class which is good because sometimes I don't get to it like I would like to. I am 67% through with the class and hope to review the whole thing before the final test. I really am enjoying it.

I want to plan a project with the boys next door for Mothers Day. Maybe I will get something they can glue things on for their mom. A jewelry box or something. Or a kind of vase for flowers. Any ideas?

Hope you girls have a groovy day,
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:42 am

Good morning!

Chriss - look at Pinterest. I found lots of ideas there when I had my activity day girls. When I was a Campfire Girl, just yesterday, LOL, we glued different shapes of dry pasta to a cigar box and spray painted it gold for a jewelry box. That was in the days before Pinterest! Remember the Dollar store for supplies. Sarah's DH did a picture thing, with Ethan holding a big letter M. - then O then the last M and put them in a 3 slot picture frame as a gift to Sarah.

Not much here. Rained all day yesterday, last night, with more today. While raining, we went to the nursery and bought four large arborvite trees. They are going in the side yard of my house. These grow to be about 12 feet wide and around 30 feet tall. There are 7 street lights that shine into my bedroom at night, so these will provide screening. This arborvite is a fast growing tree, about 3 - 5 a year. The trees are still at the nursery. They will water, etc, until June, when the nursery will come, dig the holes and plant them for us. Sarah and I picked out the ones we wanted, and they added tags, showing sold to ours. The trees are about 7 feet tall right now.

Sewing today. Last night, Matt and family came out and Logan had made brownies. He didn't quite follow the directions, so the whole pan was about a quarter inch thick, and very tough. We ate them anyway. Have no idea what he did!

Stay Safe,
Hugs,
Jana

womster

Post by womster » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:49 am

Good morning!

Another sleepless night. DH heard a bobcat when he let the dog out around 5am - the dog of course ran to the sound and barked (and barked). :o We're supposed to get 4-6" of snow tonight - SIGH. I'm running late and need to leave for Costco. Hugs to all of you! xoxo Sharona

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:04 am

Good morning all! Just a quick stop in before I get some breakfast for us. Weather supposed to be 80 degrees today. That will be nice though the wind will be blowing. Looking for some more ambition today. Some days I have it and other times not. Need to get around and file my taxes this week. Since I have to pay because of my money market I am in no hurry to send the government some money.

Judi - Like you I need to get a haircut soon. The UGRR is my favorite pattern. I made it as a wall hanging several years ago. When I met Eleanor at her store in California a few years ago I had her autograph my copy for me. I met her twice. Once in Paducah at the Quilt Show and once at her store in California. She is so nice.

Lois - Hope your allergies get better soon. I have asthma so I understand. Today is supposed to be bad for both of them here.

Chriss - Glad you enjoy your Bible class. I do my devotions every morning when I get up. Like you a good way to start the day.

Becca - I am so far behind on what is going on with Kathy and Kim. I hope they get better soon. I am also behind on what is happening with Cindyg and her DH.

Katy - Sounds good about your hummingbirds. My thing here is Canadian geese on my ponds. I love watching them. Every Spring I have 2 that come together and it has been going on for 15+ years. I know they aren't the same two geese but I do enjoy them. I have named them Fred and Ethel like the characters on I Love Lucy from many years ago.

Well better go get some breakfast. Hope everyone has a good day and stay safe.

Sherry

Return to “Sew ins”