Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday April 26,2021

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Monday April 26,2021

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:23 am

Good MorningEveryone,
Today we will be having a start of a week of warm weather .
Yesterday I didn't start the t shirt quilt because I had to order fabric for shashing and border so I found 1 with black background with multicolored dot with all the colors of the tshirts and I will do solid color cornerstones.

Today will be our food run so thats where I will be nothing else new to report I hop you all have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

grammiequilts

Re: Monday April 26,2021

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:32 am

Good morning,,,it is cold but clear here,,,I need to do uglies today cleaning bathrooms and getting the guest room ready for company coming next weekend. my brother in law and his wife whom I have never met, will be here for 5 days. havent seem him in 30 years. it will be an interesting visit as Ken and his brother are not close.
They are coming to visit Ken's sister, she is 89 and not in good health. But she loves company and loves to talk of the "old" days, but they have to stay with us. i will try to get the sew in block done today. And of course the mini quilt will get done. I think the next quilt will be one that uses up scraps...I really need to use some of them up. coffee is waiting,,,have a wonderful day XXXXXXXOOOOOOO

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:13 am

Good morning it’s supposed to be 80 today I am so ready for some warm weather we’ve had such a cold spell that I’m tired of cold weather makes me hurt

Been working on a few quilts in the quilt room hopefully will get the fishing quilt quilted today and hopefully start piecing together the center of my block of the month the Taos quilt.

DH and I moved our ducks to their new home we got that all cleared out we had to wait we had a couple of barn rats that were tunneling in the coop so we’ve had poison in there for a week finally killed both rats so we got it all cleaned up and now my ducks are back in their coop so I have 12 babies running around happy in the coop this morning.

I have four new baby chicks that hatched in the incubator yesterday so little man will be happy this morning to have new babies to play with

35 more school days not that I’m counting but will be glad when the school year is over. They sent me a contract for next year so looks like I’ll be working in Delaware again next year
I don’t plan to work the summer this year so I have a couple months off before school starts back in September

DH had a bad spell last week was in the ER with what we thought was his heart again so to this week he has a follow up with his doctor and then has to make the cardiologist appointment also they couldn’t find anything his EKG came back normal with both attacks so they think it may be something with the muscles around his heart

Other than that we’ve had a calm busy week on the farm

Hugs 🤗 prayer 🙏 happy stitching 🧵
🐐izzy

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:25 am

Good morning,

LOIS - That sashing fabric you described should show off the tee-shirts to purrfection! I have always loved black and brights.

JUDI - Your mini quilt will be a great addition to the cozy decor in your new family room. And it will nice to sew on something small after all the big quilts you've made lately. We have friends who also have a BIL & girlfriend from TN coming to visit. Our friends told him it's not a good time as they are renovating and painting the house and building a new deck. BIL says he is coming anyway and will help. (ha! We've met this BIL. He will be no help, believe me.) Then he says he wants to go camping and explore the area and expects our friends to make all the plans and rezzies. He says he will be here FOUR MONTHS! I bet they'd be happy to trade BIL's with you! And since they can't park their motorhome in our friends' yard for more than a couple of days, they told our friends they are going to move into their house! We told our friends to get rid of the bed and that we'd hide it for them in our shop! lol!

SUZ - how is the braid coming along?

DIANE - welcome home! Sorry the sugar ants gathered to host your coming home party.

MARY Q - Have fun with your friend today. Sounds like David needs to do what we did with my aunt's house after she died. Family went through and just took what they wanted and then called an estate sale company to come empty out the rest. It was all done in a real estate minute.

IZZY - your farm sounds all "springy" with baby animals running around! Glad you got rid of the rats! My mother went to the hospital once with upper chest pain, thinking it was heart. Turned out to be esophogeal cramps. I hope all will be well with your hubby.

I finished my Summer REtro trailer cross-stitch yesterday evening. This morning I am going to put the last of the four, fall, on my frame. It will be a great camping project. It will probaby take me 6-8 weeks to finish it and then I can start one of my bigger ones.

Do you remember how I've said a few times I always make a first block before cutting all my fabric just in case there's a problem with directions or - heaven forbid - my sewing? Well, I was in a hurry and I broke my own rule. I'm making a pattern called Star Bright from Oct, 2016 issue of McCalls Quilting. It calls for 225 little 4-1/2" stars, each star from a different fabric. I unfolded, cut, and refolded 40 different fabrics last Saturday. I had a little time yesterday so sat down to make that first block and no way did it work! The directions were wrong! I needed to cut twice as many pieces as indicated. So I had to get out all those fabrics again and cut more. I did check the internet to see if there were any corrections posted but could find none. So I've learned my lesson - again. Make that first block, Mary!

We are leaving for camping this morning. A few last minute things to pack and a couple of to-do's left on the list like putting timers on a few lamps, forward the phone, take out the trash, etc. Last time we camped here there was no internet or cell service unless we left the campground and went into town so y'all will have to carry on without me. I will probably check in later this morning as we travel though.

Piece!
mary z

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:01 am

Good morning!

We have this strange stuff falling from the sky this morning. It's rain! We oh so need this good soaking. So happy to get the rain.

Very few uglies awaiting me today. So will get them done quickly and then have my day to play.

I think we all have family like those mentioned. Mine is my oldest brother, who all my in law children and grandchildren have never met. It's actually a good thing, he is not a nice person. Most of his 9 children won't have anything to do with him as well. It's really a sad situation.

Stay safe! Drive safe!
Hugs,
Jana

womster

Post by womster » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:16 am

Good morning!

Lois – the t-shirt backing sounds really cute. Have fun at the grocery store.

Judi – Fingers crossed that the visit next weekend is a good one.

Izzy – that is scary about your DH. I hope they figure out what is ailing him. Prayers for both of you. So glad you got your ducks in a row. ;)

Maryz – oh my goodness that friend’s BIL sure has chutzpah. Yay for finishing the Summer trailer. Oh that is a shame about the Star Bright instructions. How very frustrating. Have a great time on your trip! I actually don’t mind not having the internet for brief periods of time. Have a great trip!

Jana – that’s a shame about your oldest brother. I used to think people would change when they realized what they were missing out on. The older I get, the more that is not true. Your rain is headed in our direction, and like you, we are grateful to get it.

Today is another SSSS day. It’s supposed to be warm here as well, and the most exciting thing is we had our first hummingbird sighting in the neighborhood! I’m just waiting for the sugar water to cool and then I’m hanging the feeders out. Woohoo!!!!! Have a glorious day. xoxo Sharona

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:16 am

Good afternoon all
I have been busy in my flower gardens . Have three done and working on large one on south side of house.
My new plants should be arriving soon. Also been making hanging baskets and planters. Also sewing for at least an hour aday.
I do get here long enough to read your adventures. LOl
Today worked on lg bed and did a load of laundry. Last night was interesting. Scooby scratched at the door to be let in. A meow like a tiny kitten from a 12.5 pound kitty. So I let him in I usually dont. He waited about 15 min then wanted out. I thought now I can get to sleep within 5 min. he was back . He did settle down and go to sleep Well at least I did . LOL
O Sharona I have been waiting for my Hummingbirds to appear since mid april . Not here yet. Hopefully they will see the flowers and make an appearance this week.
Maryz Have a fun trip. I would like to go but need all my projects done before that will happen. Had my porch railing fixed Saturday Then someone is coming to take down dead trees. Maybe by fall I can take a trip
Izzy I am definetly ready for warmer weather. The cold makes me hurt too.
Lois Have a great food run
You all have a great sewing day
Katy

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:59 pm

This is late, but just had to get here to say. Had our first hummingbird visit today!!
I know a lot of you have been talking about them.
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Return to “Sew ins”