Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday April 25

Daily discussions.
QuiltGram8

Sunday April 25

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:42 am

Good Morning! It's going to be a beautiful day here. No special plans other than church at 9:00 and then visit a friend this afternoon.
Tomorrow we get our new block for Sew Along.
Looking forward to the announcement.
For all, prayers and wishes for good health and happy day!
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Becca

Re: Sunday April 25

Post by Becca » Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:54 am

Hello everyone cloudy here but sun is supposed to shine
Our Church is at 10
Velda Enjoy your company
I got up late so must get moving
Prayers for those in need
Have a great day to all. Becca

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:58 am

Good morning,

I slept well - until I didn't. So here I am at 0400.

VELDA - have a nice, relaxing Sunday.

SHARONA - your SSSS is just full of fun surprises! You may be sorry you started reorganzing and opened that Pandora's Box! lol!

CHRISS - did you find any goodies?

MARY Q - what a jerk David's boss was to fire him! Who did that really hurt?? Himself! Hope all goes well with the kids. Have they set a wedding date yet?

JANA - it's so great that all the little cousins get along so well.

SHERRY - we're going to need a bigger soap box!

LOIS - your quilt sounds very intriguing. I hope you will share a photo with us.

The Snail Trail is in the mail. Then I went shopping, bought art supplies for a birthday gift for a girl that Autumn mentors, packaged them up and Bill made a second trip back to the post office. Then I packed most of our camping food, and finally spent an hour or two cutting out forty 4" stars so I wouldn't have to take my whole bin of 30's fabric - just a small tote of cut pieces. However, I've broken my rule and didn't cut and make a sample block to double check that I'm cutting correctly (and that the pattern isn't goofy!). So I hope I did it right . . . Today I'll do that sample block and this past week's sew-along block. And I think I can finish my cross-stitch today and put the next one on the frame to take along camping. And pack the trailer fridge. Bill is going to help our friend, Tex, re-caulk their trailer if the weather will permit so I may have the entire day to myself. We will hit the road tomorrow morning around 9-ish. It's about a 3-hr drive to Cape Disappointment State Park on the coast at the mouth of the Columbia.

I don't know if Bill is taking computers. And last time we camped there, there was no internet or cell service, so I may be going "off the grid". So after tomorrow, I may be "off the grid".

Have a super Sunday!
mary z

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:59 am

Good morning Velda and all who follow,

Nothing much planned here the rain is coming down outside its suppose to clear out of here by 11 but thats ok.

I'm reading up on Els t shirt directions and hope to start the quilt for my nephews wife I've already re washed all the t shirts so it's just a matter of planning it out I have seen others done and I think I like Els directions the best.

Well thats all the news for today I hope you all have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois.

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:26 am

Good morning it is very cloudy and although they said no rain it sure looks like it. We will go pick up the boys to help Ken cut up a tree that fell...it is not the one that sent him into the river but another from the neighbor...fell on the old fence, we want to take most of that fence down it is ancient chain link...but we shall see...the neighbor doesnt care as he never goes down there anyway. then we will take th boys home .
the flooring went inyesterday at DDs house and it look fabulous...but Ken still needs to cut the hole for the vent,,,throught thebrick.
I cleaned the entire basement yesterday and restaged the tools and supplies...it is ready to go when Ken can get to it...there was 2 giant bags of trash . We will get the boys to help get and old hot water heater out and some other trash.
After all that I found a kit I had bought a few years ago...it is another miniature quilt (what was I thinking) I started cutting and WOW it is finidhed at 24 inches square but has over 200 1inch squares...I must have not read the directions on this one when I bought it....thought it was bigger...but I am not one to avoid a challenge...so I will make my second AND LAST miniature quilt. perhaps if it comes out good I can find a place in the new familt room baseent to hang it...well need breakfst and coffee...hope you all have ablessed sunday XXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOO

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:34 am

Good morning everyone.
We had a yucky rainy day yesterday but today is looking wonderful. My plans for today is to work in my sewing room. I have 2 of the borders cut for the braid quilt. I am going to put that together and see how it looks. Then add the 3rd border. I have to wait for banana bread to come out of the oven first. I had two really ripe bananas. It was either throw them out or make the bread. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Suzette

velvet

Post by velvet » Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:56 am

Good morning to everyone. The flight back from the kids went smooth. Came home to a beautiful afternoon. I went to make coffee and opened up the cabinet to find sugar ants in the covered sugar bowl--not a great welcome. The exterminator came a few hours later. I never had them before and was not very happy to see them now. Should all be gone in another day or two, the poison they are carrying back to the nest should be gone by then.
My SGS made the final trip with the rental truck into the condo late last night. He went there but didn't unload after 12 hours alone--I don't blame him. Amy is driving with her BFF with the 2 kids and should be here in the afternoon, they spent last night in Richmond VA.
DS and DDIL aree waiting for the site to be released by the builder-hopefully within the next few weeks. They are anxious about the price going up. With no contract yet-they may happen.

Well I tried to read every day and I hope everyone has a great day.
Diane

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:43 am

Good morning!

Church for us is now at 11. We get to meet altogether again and have in person classes. It has been a long time coming! This will be the last time, unless I substitute , to be the chorister. The girl next door has that as a new calling. I will mentor her, she is just 16. Very musical, and will do fine. I was that age when I learned how to conduct, many many moons ago.

The little ones were great fun last night. They all love homemade, not from a box, mac and cheese. We made brownie cookies, and they had to clear and clean up, before they got cookies. That worked very well! Stu was up at Sarah's, helping move the greenhouse. He came later and had dinner here too.

Stu has applied for a job with Incident Management, the same job Aaron does. That is so NOT what I need. Two of them, out in harm's way! I can handle one, but two? We will see if Stu gets a call for interviews. If he does, Aaron will train him. That will be a good thing.

Did get more done on my quilt. Hopefully will get down to the Batt Cave to finish this afternoon. Question, those of you who have a LA, how do you meander? Start at one side, go across, then back, or each square, or just wander up and down? I find myself starting one way,, then changing as I quilt. Just wondering.

Well, time to get presentable.

Hugs,
Jana

maryq

Post by maryq » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:50 am

Good Morning Girls

Just a quick note this morning... Have LOTS of messes here to work on... Do you get the idea that I always have messes?? If so you are right! Actually I've been working on little projects getting stuff ready to go to garage sale so I have things kind of all over the place.... and you know I have squirrels!

Spent yesterday at David's helping him make sense of the stuff in his garage. Have you ever seen that TV Show "American Pickers" or something like that....? People that go out to old places and pick through junk? Well that's David... he's a Picker.. and oh my gosh, the stuff he had! Everything from antique canning jars to horse blankets and old axe handles and Legos! He posts stuff on Facebook and people come over and pick through all his stuff. Boxes full of Christmas decorations, tissue paper, wrapping paper ! I'm going to take some stuff to garage sale and keep a few fun things I found. So needless to say after hauling and lifting all day I'm a pretty sore old broad! I doubt he's going to get rid of it all in the next 2 weeks.. he's flying up to AK on the 15th! I think a big dumpster is in his future.

So since I spent yesterday there,... I need to do double time here . I am hoping that I can get into my sewing room pretty soon,... I'm getting the hee-bee-jeebies I haven't sewn anything in so long!

And of course I need more coffee.... so I will go now and wish you all a Glorious Sunday!

PS I'll post next Sew Along Block later on tonite... as I have to be up and out early tomorrow morning. Friend Vicki wants to go to fabric warehouse and I'm her co-pilot :lol: :lol:

mary

womster

Post by womster » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:02 am

Good morning!

I have to do a drive-by. Slept in because I felt achy again - much less than last time and then it was gone. And now I am behind. Have a glorious day! Xoxo Sharona

Return to “Sew ins”