Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday April 24th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Saturday April 24th

Post by grammiequilts » Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:21 am

Good morning it is cloudy and cold nothing is planned...I think I may clear more stuff out of the basement so Ken has more room to move. It needs trash removed and 2 storage areas under the porch cleaned out...so if you need me that is where I will be most of the day...
please take note of TIna's post about the comfort quilts...Maryz has been helping out and we all need to if we can...looks like a lot of supplies are at hand but a few dollars is needed to get batting and we all know how expensive it is to mail items these days...When I made them your support was amazing,, Please look over the list and see where you can help.
Coffee and old clothes are needed for my chores today....have a good one XXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOO

Marilynsgrammy

Re: Saturday April 24th

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:27 am

Good morning, It's going to be a marvelous day today.

Had Friday dinner with the parents ( dad and step mom) We went to the Elks lodge and I completely blew my diet, but will be back on track today. I had Tilapia, it was so good. We have dinner with them once a week, they live 30 minutes from us. Step mom is starting to show forgetfulness and dad can't hear without his hearing aids. Usually dinner is very light, something Jerry and I take since we all don't eat as much as we used to. Dad hasn't noticed yet but I put a tray of deviled eggs in his fridge, I will get a call today.

I've been walking with a couple of friends 2 miles an evening, it's a nice walk and it's not flat so going up and down little hills is helpful. I really enjoy these walks.

Judi, Ken is working hard to remodel two big rooms. It's nice that he knows what he is doing and can tackle the project correctly. Did you get your nap yesterday? Nice to have your last UFO done.

Maryz, every time you wish me a full bobbin it works. so I am going to keep your full bobbin wish and use it over the weekend. Have safe travels Monday.

Maryq, I am so glad you and Michelle had so much fun. It's cool to have a friend like that.

Becca, I would love new blinds. Jerry bought these insulated blinds that are accordian fold things. Not sure how insulated they are, but if I had a zillion dollars I would do a complete window, floor makeover.

Valerie, we are supposed to be getting rain too. Hope it fizzles out, our tomatoes and peppers have blossoms too, and my orange tree is loaded. Wild turkeys find the oranges when they are just small little things tasty. I love wildlife but wish they would leave my fruit and veggies alone. Hope DGS does well on his job.

Today I want to do some of my bible history class, go to a huge garage sale and get some of my scraps cut into 5 inch and 2 1/2 inch charms. Some of that will need to bleed into tomorrow after church.

Hope you all have a fantastic day.
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:52 am

Good morning,

We are 47* and have our rain! Actually it sounds nice on the roof. And boy, does our yard need it.

JUDI - thanks for mentioning the comfort quilts. I hope everyone takes a look at Tina's post in Projects from the Heart. I bet you and Ken are as happy about Colleens kitchen being nearly done as she is! If I need you today, I'll look under the porch. And congratulations on finishing the last of your UFO's!

LYN - offering up prayers for safe travel for you! Keep the shiny side up! And let us know when you get there.

SHARONA - You're right - that IS inhumane how your friend was left! I can't believe it! There are certainly better ways to handle such a situation. So you are still playing with your toys out in the She Sew She Shed. Sometimes it just has to be done.

CHRISS - it's the weekend! Time to come out and play with your friends! I hope you find some goodies at the huge garage sale. I love that you have dinner with your parents every week. I spent as much time with my parents as I could, too. I knew one day I'd be missing them and that day came all too soon for me. I'm so glad I enjoyed them when I still could. I'm so sorry your Mom is starting down that memory loss path. Glad you've got your bobbins saved for the weekend!

VAL - your post is just chock-a-block full of news! I do hope your DGS stays safe in his new job. I'm sorry/not sorry about the passing of your Hospice patient. Sometimes it's a relief.

MARY Q - It's such a great feeling to get rid of stuff. Ironic in that it probably felt great to bring it into the house in the first place! :lol: So I'm guessing not much sewing is happening at your place. But sometimes it's nice to take a break. I'm looking forward to a bit of a break myself.

I finished Don & Cindy's comfort quilt top yesterday. I will quilt, bind, label, and mail it this morning. I wouldn't mention it here until after it's been received so as not to spoil the surprise, but I'm pretty certain she's not been reading the forum lately. She has a lot on her plate. And no, right now, Don isn't driving his big rig. And she is working full time.

I also got my laundry done yesterday and while I was folding, I just stacked up the clothes and packed them into the trailer so I got some packing done, too! This afternoon I'll start packing food. I am going to take my bin of 30's fabrics and maybe get started on that other pattern - 4-1/2" stars - that I wanted to do - all in 30's. And the sew-along block(s). I know another one will be posted Monday morning as we're leaving and I haven't done the last one yet. I have my travel machine, "Stitch", packed. He lives in the trailer in the summer. I'm also taking my cross-stitch. I'm just one good long stitching session away from finishing my summer retro trailer and will put the last of the four - fall - on my frame. But that will all happen while camping.

Happy Weekend!
mary z

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:33 am

Good morning!

It looks to be a great day here. My temp outside is about the same as the rest of y'all! Way above freezing!

This afternoon I will have Gracie and Lila for a short time. Ethan will come play too. Those three are more like siblings, than cousins. That's a good thing, especially for Ethan, since he is the youngest in his family, with Stu so much older. Sarah watches the girls quite often and we hear all the sibling phrases, he's looking at me, she's touching me, she took my toy, you know all of them! LOL!

My quilt is about half quilted. I will work more on it today. I have another I need to ready the back for, then it can be loaded on. I have been figuring out how to quilt the new one, at night in my sleep. It's a Dresden plate, done to look like sunflowers, scraps of yellows.

Not much more around these parts,
Stay safe!
Hugs,
Jana

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:58 am

Good morning Everyone,

I already have been out and back yesterday I finished my Gingham quilt I made it in three shades of blue and put sea turtles on the back this will be a comfort quilt for my daughter inlaw when she comes home from her surgery.
Today I want to look at the t shirts and start that quilt I went to Joanns for the stablizer this morning.

Well thats all the news here everyone have a great day prayers go out to all.
Lois.

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:58 am

Good morning all! Just a quick stop in. Sounds like everyone has been busy. Not much planned for today except to watch the Cubs game while I am cross stitching. Need to get back in the mood to get back to my quilting projects. Also will be doing more sorting and shredding of files. Amazing how much we accumulate.

The weather here is getting better. Supposed to have some sprinkles this afternoon and get warmer. Next week supposed to get 80 degrees on Wednesday. No wonder my asthma keeps kicking up.

I am trying to stay off my soapbox because what is going on is driving me crazy. I don't watch the national news anywhere near as much as I used to. I just can't believe what is happening to our country. I don't like being told I am a racist because I am white.

Well better go get some breakfast for me and the furbabies. Hope everyone has a good day. Stay safe.

Sherry

maryq

Post by maryq » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:22 am

Good Morning Girls

Has anybody seen the sun lately? I think it's completely disappeared... haven't seen it in days! Is it still round and a pretty color of yellow and orange? If anybody has extra sunshine...send it up here.. I need some sunny days! :lol: :lol:

Judi... I saw Tina's post about comfort quilts... It's good to see she has a supply of materieals on hand. and that we haven't needed to put one together for a long time. But you are right... a little bit of cash on hand is a good thing... Postage alone is getting crazy expensive. I'll get ahold of Tina later and see what I can do

Chriss... OMG you have an orange tree? In your back yard? How cool is that! Fresh OJ every morning??? Do you ever get a lot of juice and freeze it? I'd be in heaven... Good oranges are hard to get up here... every time I try.....they are "woody" and I gag. I used to make Talapia all the time... I just might have to try it again. We had Salmon when Michele was here and it was SO good!

Maryz... OH yes it is Wonderful to get rid of things.. My DB and SIL came yesterday to pick up an old trunk that was in my garage and My Grandmother's Treadle sewing machine.. SIL loves antiques, so I found a few other treasures around here. We had to sneak in a few things or DB would have vetoed them. I'm just glad my treadle sewing machine is staying in the family. DB is going to try to fix it up and the belt was off and the pedal is broken. But you are so right about bringing stuff back in... I should ban myself from Facebook Marketplace! Thank you SO SO much for all the hard work on the quilt for Don and Cindy.

Jana.... My gosh, that brings back memories.... of my kids fighting... Jen would get behind me as I was "yelling" at Shawn for picking on his sister and she'd be making faces at him..... Like nana nana boo boo I got you in trouble!

Lois.... You are brave to make a Tshirt quilt... One was enough for me... nothing something I want to do again... Though I suppose if someone asked me too, I wouldn't say no.... only I'd prepare them for the cost!

Sherry..... Move over on your soap box, I'll join you. A lot of what is happening is right in my "back yard".... Areas of Minneapolis that I was felt safe going to.... I don't any more. A lot of the recent riots were down by where the Children's Hospice home... and used to be a nice quiet neighborhood.

Guess I better get in gear. I promised David (Jen's BF) that I would go over and help him pack etc. His boss found out he is moving to AK (in June) and fired him yesterday... Nice guy right??? But now he can finished up getting ready to go and will go in May instead. He has a 2nd interview in AK as soon as he gets there. And his house will go on the market here soon and will likely sell really fast.

Lots of prayers for all in need... especially Lyn as she travels back to CO and Don and Cindy!

womster

Post by womster » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:55 am

Good morning!

Judi – good luck in the basement. I will go and look at what is needed for the comfort quilts.

Chriss – I remember dinners at the Elks lodge when I was little. Glad you’re not berating yourself and are getting back to your healthy eating habits today. Your walk sounds nice.

Maryz – you made quick work of the snail quilt. I bet Stitch is happy to be in his summer home.

Jana – that’s cute about the cousins. The Dresden plate/sunflowers quilt sounds really cool.

Lois – what a great comfort quilt for your DIL.

Sherry – I am MUCH more content since I stopped watching the news from any source.

Maryq – I’ll send you some sunshine. You reminded me that I need to find someone to restore the treadle machine I have. David’s old boss was pretty jerky to fire him.

Met DH’s bro and his wife for breakfast – was nice to get together. I’m headed back out to the She Sew She Shed – I can’t even type it it’s such a tongue twister! I have found completed quilt tops, several quilt block exchanges from QIAD (one from 2012!), and lots and lots of kits. Good grief!! Have a glorious day. xoxo Sharona

Return to “Sew ins”