Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday April 22,2021

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Thursday April 22,2021

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:53 am

Good morning Everyone,
We are at 36*and we are suppose to go up to 50 then we are to warm up to the 70's nextweek :lol: .
Yesterday I finished my block for the sewalong I'm doing with a Facebook group
Then we had a slight thunder storm so I unplugged for a while then made the backing for the Gingham quilt which is sea turtles so after we are done with our cleaning chores for today I will work on putting that quilt together.

Well thats all the news here so Everyone have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

grammiequilts

Re: Thursday April 22,2021

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:18 am

Good Morning,,,,It is 27 this morning but the sun is shining, we will also warm to the high 40s today. I will head to the hospital to get my injection, ( every 6 months,,,) have some labs drawn , then stop at the grocery store for a few things,,, When I get home i will load the reindeer quilt onto the frame. and my final UFO quilt will get done. I will get a pimk bb quilt done afrter that. I have been looking through old books and patterns to see if something peaks my interest...but I do still have a chair to recover. I did the ottoman but not the chair cushions...there is always something to do.
Well I need coffee and get this show on the road...I need to drive about 30 miles to my appt. have a wonderful day XXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOO

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:46 am

Just a quick hello to all. It's cold and sunny. 36° we should have lows in 40's. But it's going to start warming up. Rain this weekend. Probably be a slow weekend here at campground.

Enjoy your day.
We have semi-annual doctor appointments today. Had our blood tests prior, now just the check up. Nothing has changed, so we should be in and out.
Be back later.
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:05 am

Hello everyone sunny here but 30 nippy & the covers felt good
We are to be cold tonight again then warm
Back but in 30s again on Sunday
Lois Enjoy your day sewing
Velda Hope you get a good report at Dr
Judi Hope your injection goes well
Sharona Those plants are all heavy That’s why I don’t like lugging in & out Hope your health is stable now & no flare ups

Yesterday I got some weed eating done We have wild asters & they have spread everywhere I am trying to keep them cut so they won’t put out seed again
And I got my errands done
It’s laundry here & paperwork
Have a great day everyone Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:22 am

Good morning!

The elevator is installed and working beautifully! And it does go all the way to the top! LOL! It does need some finishing trim work around the hole, so our handyman will be back on Monday to finish that up. I can still, in the mean time, use my machine.

So while all that went on in one end of the Batt Cave, I straightened up my LA end, got my big quilt for my bed ,loaded on and started quilting it. Also straightened the family area where the toys are. Today I will work more on the LA quilting. Just a easy meander with loops thrown in. Found a basket to use upstairs to hold the projects that are ready to turn the bindings. I do the handwork in turning the bindings by hand. Currently there are several quilts in that phase. Should have that quilt on my LA off today. I do have another ready to go.

Not much more around these parts. In the 40's now and will warm up a bit to maybe 70, we shall see.

Hugs and prayers,
Jana

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:34 am

Just a quick drive by, got a late call yesterday AM and so missed doing some chores before free sew. Need to get those done this AM. Also it is Thursday so Covid test day prior to free sew.

Currently 51 here, not supposed to get much past 60. We sill see. They are calling for possible rain Sunday. I will not be holding my breath. We really need it. No water restrictions yet but sounds like they may be coming.

Was able to finish my Bohemia #2 yesterday. Posted picture. Will square it up today and leave for quilter. Found what I believe to be an awesome backing. Kinda like this one more than the blue.

Jana glad the elevator goes all the way up. Oh my wouldn't that be awful if it didn't. I know some people whose elevators don't go all the way up. LOL

DH getting ready to leave for work. I gotta get my but in gear so I get everything done. First off, more coffee.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:02 am

Good morning,

We will only be about 65 today. The week of 70's (and a couple of 80's!) was nice while it lasted. But the rain will be nice again, too, this weekend to refresh everything.

LOIS - I guess I missed that you were doing a gingham sea turtle quilt. Catch me up, please.

JUDI - I hope your appt goes well. It's fun to pick out a baby quilt - the funnest quilts of all! Do you have any more UFO quilts to quilt or is this it for now?

VELDA - Good luck at your doctor appts.

BECCA - Here, I have foxgloves growing everywhere. I used to fight them, but finally decided they were pretty so now I let them be and they are part of my flowerbeds. (I know they are the source of digitalis but we hardly ever eat them. :D ) But I do have a small plant that has dark green lacy leaves and tiny pink flowers. It came from a friend's yard when she gave me some plants.
Actually very pretty but it's very invasive and started taking over the yard. That I pull out whenever I see a new start. It's a constant battle.

JANA - so happy to hear your elevator goes all the way to the top! :lol:

LORI - and I have a picture of my cat all snuggled in MY reindeer quilt! I guess animals love animals!

SHARONA - Since we live in the middle of the woods, I guess our house is mitigated as much as possible. In that we have no large shrubs or trees near the house. Longmont got 8" of snow, with more falling yesterday but no additional accumulation. You Coloradans have a weird climate.

VAL - I really like your Bohemia quilt!

Yesterday was Costco and regular groceries. We are having company tonite and I'm making white chicken chili and cornbread. I also have fresh strawberries to set out. I think it will be warm enough to sit around the fire outside. I'm still working hard on Don & Cindy's comfort quilt. I am trying hard to have it in the mail by the end of the weekend because we are leaving Monday morning and will be gone camping for 9 days. I really love this pattern but it's a time-eater. We have camped with Don & Cindy many times while in TX and he's a neat guy. I think he'll like this pattern. I will take my 30's fabrics and my 4-1/2" star pattern (and the sew-along blocks) with us camping. The forecast looks like there will be lots of opportunity to stay inside and sew at the ocean.

Wishing us all full bobbins!

mary z

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:24 am

Good morning all! Just a quick stop in today. Got Bible study done and Smoke and Sweetie fed. Need to go to the grocery and get some milk and a couple of other things. If I can find the ambition hope to get some laundry folded and dishes put away from the dishwasher. With this cold weather my legs are really hurting so not getting alot done.

Snowed 4 inches yesterday then it melted and got another 1 inch in the early evening. It melted also now just cold. Was 26 this morning going to 44 today. Next week at this time it is supposed to be 80 degrees here. No wonder my legs keep hurting and my asthma is kicking up. Changes in temps do that to me.

Well better get going before I lose what little ambition I do have. So looking forward to seeing Judi the first part of May at the Sauder Village Quilt Show. They didn't have it last year so haven't seen her for awhile.

Hope everyone has a nice safe day. Stay warm!

Sherry

womster

Post by womster » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:34 am

Good morning!

Lois – I have a sister who would love that sea turtles quilt. I look forward to seeing a picture of it. Hope the thunderstorms stay clear of y’all today.

Judi – good luck with the injection. I am impressed that the reindeer quilt will be the final UFO. That is impressive. Have a safe drive.

Vel – fingers crossed that you were, indeed, in and out of your appointment today.

Becca – it is very impressive that you’re able to lug those plants in and out. Things are stable – praise God! Your yard must be beautiful what with all those flowers – even wild ones.

Jana – that’s wonderful that the elevator is there and working.

Valerie – how many covid tests have you taken? Congrats on finishing your quilt – I will check it out.

Maryz – foxglove makes many appearances in the murder mystery world. Glad you hardly ever heat them! I agree with you about our climate. We were at 24 for a low – 50 for a high with every assortment of weather in-between (the weatherman’s words). Fog, snow, sleet, grapple, and thunderstorms are on tap for today. I’m rooting for you to get the quilt done!

Sherry - I'm sorry you're having such a hard time with all these weather changes. I hope it all settles down before too much longer.

Today I work in the church office. Not sure what’s in store, as my friend’s mom fell and broke a rib and her hip, so there might be tons to do. After that, it’s back to the sewing spot to continue on. I can finally see progress, which is encouraging! Have a glorious day. xoxo Sharona

maryq

Post by maryq » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:15 am

Good Morning Girls

HEY LOOK!! I'm back!!!

Oh my gosh, I had such a wonderful visit with my friend Michele! The week went by so fast. We sure did a lot of catching up. One day I took her to the great craft store in St. Cloud, then drove a little further and took her to the little town where her Dad grew up. Found a cute little gift shop where the gal that was working there remembered her Grandparents., and we found her Grandmother's house. One day we just stayed home and she helped me get my fabric organized for the move to the garage when the kids get here. Also I took her down to our hometown of Bloomington, MN (home of the Mall of America). Drove by the house we grew up in... we lived about a block apart. Drove by our high school and other land marks we remembered as kids... Then stopped by to see my sister as she lives in Bloomington. And of course talked and talked and talked...stayed up late almost every night. We've promised each other that we aren't going to wait so long (15 years) between visits. Michele and her DH are hoping to move to AZ in a year or so.... so perhaps my next visit will be to see them in AZ!

BUT... I sure have missed you guys.... and I sure was braggin' on you all to Michele.... telling her all about my amazing friends and showing her what we do with swaps etc. She is a card-maker and makes beautiful cards for me, so I sew for her! Works out great!

Lois... I got a friend request on FB from Delores.... but I haven't accepted it yet, because you just never know what's scam and what's not.... If it's for real I'll happily accept! Can you check with her for me?

Judi.... You got your Reindeer quilt done while I was gone? AWESOME! If you'd like me to post a pic... just let me know! Can't wait to see it!

Velda.... Doesn't it seem like we have had weird weather!! It's been so cold here I had to drag out my winter coat again... and Michele's DH kept sending her picture of the snow falling in Denver. We even had a few flakes here too... I don't know about you, but I am getting anxious for warmer temps--just to be able to open windows again!

Becca.... On these chilly morning it IS hard to get out of bed isn't it! Besides the quilt on my bed I have an afghan I crocheted years ago and it sure makes it so toasty warm!

Jana.... So glad your elevator goes all the way to the top! :lol: :lol: There are days when mine stops at the basement and won't move! :lol: :lol:

Valerie.... OH MY GOSH, the Bohemia quilt is STUNNING!!!! But gosh darn, there's now another one on my "to do" list! That is just so darn pretty!!!!

Maryz.... I am so so sorry to hear the news of Don and Cindy. Wish I would have been around to offer assistance with your comfort quilt.. I'd have gladly helped. Will for sure send lots of prayers. You are heading out to camp again? I hope you have just enough rain to sew a bit and just enough sunshine for a walk on the beach!

Sherry... If you find any extra ambition, send it up here! I have an over flowing hamper and Michele and I made a few messes I need to clean up! I think this cold weather is playing havoc with my legs too. Do your just ache? mine sure do

Sharon.... Did you get much snow down where you are? When Michele landed at the Denver airport, she sent me pictures of the snow!

Well girls.... now that I've had 2 cups of coffee, my little bit of ambition is starting to kick in. Need to go down and get the laundry going. Will likely spend most of the day downstairs with laundry and getting stuff ready to move out for the kids. Tom, Viv and I are flying to Great Falls, MT on June 20 to help the kids drive home. After that who knows what the days will bring... I'm trying to get projects ready to sew ... thankfully I'll still have my sewing room! And on May 12 I'm headed down to Tom and Viv's for the garage sale..so there is STUFF every where getting it ready

OH and Jen's fiancé is selling his house and getting ready to move up to AK!! So Sunday I'm going over to his house to help him pack and get rid of stuff. Since he can't drive across Canada to move there, he'll have to ship a lot of stuff and leave a lot of stuff behind. He's trying to figure out what to do with his dog (oh and it's so tempting to volunteer to take him :D )

Time to get movin' movin' movin'~

Wishing you all a most wonderful day....

Return to “Sew ins”