Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday April 21,2021

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Wednesday April 21,2021

Post by fabricgirl » Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:03 am

Good morning and Happy Hump day,
Today will be a sew day along with a load of wash .
Yesterday was a good day Hobby lobby looks to be getting alot of there stock back in I got backing and batting and a few other things in and out in a half an hour.

Yes Chris it is nice to have Olivia cut my hair she is now 21.

Valarie I don't have the luxury of having quilt shops I feel like I live in a ghost town :lol: .

Well thats all the news here I hope everyone has a great day prayers go out to all.
Lois

QuiltGram8

Re: Wednesday April 21,2021

Post by QuiltGram8 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:47 am

Good morning! Well!!! We had a late Spring winter storm! We did not have even wet roads traveling with boat, towing it home. Snow flurries just blowing around, but OMG! After we got home and settled in, we got hit with about two inches of big white wet snowflakes. Yuk!
Didn't stick to our roads, but boat cover, and picnic table, rug, etc., we're all coated.
One more cold day today, high 49. Also more cold night if 29. Then temps start getting back to normal. Welcome to Spring in Illinois!
Good day to sew. First I really must get groceries.
Have a great day
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Becca

Post by Becca » Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:55 am

Hello everyone sunny here We are to be in20s tonight And on Thursday then warm back up I have brought in hanging baskets until I am tired of them
Lois Wish We hadaHobby Lobby I love them
Velds Glad you got home safely I sure wouldn’t want to be by pulling in the snow

I have to get a few groceries then pick up bread from Beths bakery She always has so many good looking items to temp the pallet
Have a wonderful day Cleaning lady will come so I better get going. Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:17 am

Good morning!

Today the elevator for my sewing machine will be installed. It will be so nice. I sewed some masks for Sandee yesterday. They came out well. I will do some more for her today. It's called the Aplat Origami mask. Looks like a clipped corner placemat that you fold and stitch down. Michael needs, wants , a less vibrant mask for church. He has a bright orange and a bright yellow. So I found in my stash a chicken wire black and white fabric. That will go well with his gray suit.

Not much here. We are quite a bit warmer this morning. Almost 45. It has been below freezing for most of the month.

Finished, finally, Sarah's new tote bag. It worked perfectly. We tweaked and added a new feature. A D ring to clip her keys too, for easy access. I mismeasured where the stitching went down the center pocket. Just off center and it looked like her tablet would fit and slide in. Well, almost. If I had missed by another 1/8th, it would have! Just a hair too small. But the inside pockets fit the table, so it will be corralled there. Almost a serendipitous good mistake.

Matt's truck is back at the repair shop. Still a oil leak. It turns out, the company who replaced the engine, put in a engine that had been damaged in shipping. The damage was a dented oil pan from the engine being dropped. So it appears, under warranty, that this company will replace the whole engine, again! Poor Enoch! (that's Matt's truck's name)

Stay Safe, warm!
Hugs,
Jana

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:04 am

Good morning,

JUDI - you will soon be out of quilts! A fireside day of hand sewing sounds nice. You just need a fluffy cat snuggled into that quilt and it would be a purrfect picture!

VELDA - my DS & DBIL near Denver had temps in the 80's last week so he got out all the yard furniture. Then boom! 8" of snow and 12 degrees. Crazy weather! I told him if this global warming keeps up we're going to need more parkas and mittens!

JANA - Poor Matt! Poor Enoch! But happy Jana with her new elevator!

BECCA- I hope those plants that you have to keep moving in and out aren't too heavy!

SHARONA - how much snow did you get?

LOIS - Lucky you to have Olivia so close to you!

SUZ - did your fabric come?

CHRISS - That's the way life goes - all that A/C and no hot weather! But be patient . . . .

Yesterday went as predicted - I sewed, Bill worked on deck stairs. Both of us are just under halfway finished. Today I have chiro appt and Bill has dental check-up. And we need to hit Costco and grocery store today or tomorrow. Other than that, more sewing, more "stepping" is on tap for today. This will be our last really nice day. We are heading back down to mid-50's and 50% chance of rain for the weekend and most of next week. It's been a good run of good weather, but our yard is dry and we've already had two wildfires. They aren't usually a problem on this side of the mountains and they are predicting a bad fire year.

Now, off for some coffee!

Piece!
mary z

womster

Post by womster » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:18 am

Good morning!

Lois – maybe I’ll hit my HL this weekend if things are starting to come in. Glad you like your haircut.

Vel – I hope you were able to get groceries without having to drag the cart through slush. I’m glad you made it back home safe and sound.

Becca – I bet you are tired of lugging those hanging plants in and out. Enjoy the bakery.

Jana – happy lift day. Did you get a pic of Sarah’s new tote bag? Poor Enoch. I can’t imagine how un-fun it would be to drop an engine.

Maryz – we got 4.5” of snow and some fun sleet before that. We got down to 6 during the night. And then there was more snow this morning – but only an inch. Gosh that’s awful news about the fire season. I assume you and Bill have mitigated your property. We need to go around and refresh our mitigation. DH bought a small chain saw to make ‘lollipop’ trees. Good luck at Costco – I hope nothing unexpected jumps into your cart this time.

I was MIA yesterday – we decided to go to Costco even though the roads were iffy. Then DH’s new phone (well, new to him) showed up and I had to get it all set up for him. All this because the ESPN app refused to run any longer on his iPhone 6. We buy certified used phones now, so he’s happily humming along on his iPhone 7. I’m headed out to continue whipping my sewing space into shape. Have a glorious day! xoxo Sharona

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:57 pm

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:55 am

Good Morning, Woke up to a winter wonderland...everything is covered with snow...branches trees and grass are covered and the roads are icey. Mother nature is PMS again. I will stay in and sew today. I am binding the 2nd quilt, #3 will go on the frame too...after a few uglies. I might build fire in the fireplace and sew down the binding with an audio book. Hoping it warms up and melts...Tomorrow I have to go to the infusion center for my injection and I need the roads to be dry,( A 30 mile one way trip)
I need coffee right now. Make it Sew! XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO
I copied and pasted this from the other post...I guess I goofed and posted a duplicate post

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:39 pm

My DS sent me a picture of one of his dogs cozy in the reindeer quilt. She looks very happy.
I put a soft flannel on the back so it's nice and warm.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Sew ins”