Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday, April 20th

Daily discussions.
suzette58

Tuesday, April 20th

Post by suzette58 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:14 am

Good morning everyone.
Well I never got my fabric yesterday. The wonderful postal service took it past my house by a half hour. Then took it back to the main post office. So hopefully it will come today. I did go to a quilt shop yesterday and get some fabric for another quilt I will be starting after the one I am working on. It is for one of hubby’s aunts. I am using a pattern I got off of Moda Bakeshop years ago. I am so glad I printed it. It is perfect for fabric that you don’t want to cut. Well, I am going to get my second cup of coffee. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Suzette

fabricgirl

Re: Tuesday, April 20th

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:53 am

Good morning Suzette and all who follow,

Today is suppose to be a beautiful day in the 70's so I will venture out to hobby lobby I would love to get some batting and backing I made a quilt last week Calle Gingham in blue so thats what's on today's agenda.
Yesterday Olivia came down and gave me a much needed haircut also went nexyfoor a did a recut to my sister inlaw the place where she went the stylist I guess didn't understand what she wanted.
It's nice when I get to visit with her we eat lunch and have a little conversation ☺.

Suzette you are fast at getting quilts done.

Well thats all the news for today everyone have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:07 am

Good morning another busy day today, My babylock is done with her repair and ready to come home. I will pick her up at 10 when they open. Then my friend is coming at 1230 to go to lunch. I will do a salad and enjoy seeing her its been a few weeks, I am down 13 lbs and want to keep it up and I love salads..
Then its back to Colleens to put up avent over the stove and have mexican with her. She IS COOKING!
My sister was gifted some fabric and I got to go through the bags and pick some I might use...I got about 6 yards...BUT it is from an elderly ladys stash and had that musty smell.. I washed and ironed it yesterday and I must say it came out pretty nice. So I may go over and get more of it. It dates from the 80s and 90s. well I need coffee start a load of laundry and get going. another cold and (dare I say it....) snowy day....yes we are getting snow....maybe an inch......i am not happy. but those of you in the throws of a heat wave,,,enjoy XXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:29 am

Hi everyone. We are enroute back to campground towing boat with us. Yes, Judi, SNOW here too. Yuk! But that's typical of Spring in our area. Going to have freeze warnings tonight. We will have to let faucet drip. ☹️
Rain/snow mix right now. Not sticking to the ground.
Might get to sew tomorrow. I like the block the girls chose for our sew along. Can't wait to choose my fabrics. 😊
Wishing you all a great day.
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:36 am

Good beginning of morning!

The sun is about to peek over my mountains. We were and still at the moment below freezing! Hopefully we will warm up today.

Aaron finally got to call in the helio for a accident he dealt with last night. A wrong way driver on the main freeway involved two cars and then fled the scene. The troopers did locate the fled driver. The airflighted person will survive, but was injured seriously. Using the helio is the quickest way around and across this valley. Even when traffic is light. It's weird tobe watching the late news and have your son pop up in stories! Slowly getting used to it. When Aaron is on day shift, he calls me , when it is all over and tells me of the escapades. But he doesn't at night.

Sandee came over yesterday With her bag of fabric, needing some masks made for her. Teaching everyday, she uses a few masks. She has a pattern that is quite different than what we normally make, so I will use that one. It fits her well. It's called a origami fold mask. Not hard to sew. So, that will be my trouble de jour.

Sarah is finishing up this semester with the instructor from hockey sticks. It has been a stressful class. This instructor is now known to some of the state's higher ups, who have say in hiring on the education boards. He is a good friend and has been editing Sarah's assignments. He is appalled at what is being taught, or should I say not being. It is a critical thinking class, but the only thinking is if you write exactly what the teacher's views are, anything else is given a F. Enough of my soapbox.

Batt Cave, here I come!

Stay Safe!
Hugs and prayers,
Jana

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:00 am

Good morning everyone! The sun will be shinning here today but a bit cooler temps. Highs around 70 they say. We will see.

Didn't get week 3 block done as decided to work some more on the binding for the UGRR. It is going quicker than usual. Not sure why. I have one full side done and rounder the corner onto the next. I will get the Merry Go Round done though before next Monday.

Suzette waiting for fabric is a hard job. Along with the rush Hummingbird, DS wants a Camo quilt for him camping so gathering fabric for that. I am waiting for one more then will see what I have and decide on final layout.

Lois have a good time at Hobby Lobby. I do have one, one town away now but don't venture in too often. The fabric this one as is not so good.

Grammie what a nice score! I so wish my Mom's fabrics hadn't been disposed of.

Vel you are pulling a boat in the snow? Be careful, that would scare the daylights out of me.

Jana thinking Sarah will be fine. Hard when instructors are in need of instructions and not the students.

For those working on UFO's, you have 10 more days to get them posted. I am really trying to get my UGRR done for this first go round. New episode starts May 1.

I am seeing another hospice patient in the daytime for that other company. This is last one though. So many issues and now my pay is a mess. Going to leave this stress behind once this lady is called by God. That will happen likely this week. Praying for her comfort as she is called.

Free sew Wed and Thursday this week. Will work on my pink Bohemia and Camo quilt.

Hope everyone has a great day, and gets to fondle fabric!
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:27 am

Good morning,

I was up early but here late. Busy day in the sewing room for me and building new deck stairs for DH. I think every day this week is going to be like this. I'm trying to finish the snail trail and get it in the mail by the weekend. Crossing fingers on that. And Bill wants to have the stairway done this week, too. We leave for an 8-night camping trip to the ocean next Monday.

My DBIL in Denver area sent a photo this morning. They are 12* and have 8" of snow this morning. Brrr!! Those of you east of there, look out!

JUDI - nice to fall heir to a big bag 'o' fabric! I hope you find great uses for it!

SUZ - sorry your fabric went on a walkabout!

VAL - Sorry to hear about your Hospice patient but it will be nice to be shed of that company once and for all!

VEL - I don't think I'd want to be pulling a boat in the snow . . .

LOIS - find something wonderful at HL for me, please. I love that store but don't go very often for that very reason! lol!

KATY - You must be in the path of the same storm that got my sis and BIL. I will probably be delaying this week's block and do it at the same time as I do next week's. My sewing room is an explosion of blues and creams right now - no room to drag out the tote full of 30's fabrics but I'm going to take it camping, I think.

MARY Q - glad you are enjoying your friend's visit - I hope things stay quiet in your neighborhood this week . . .

JANA - I don't know about Aaron or you, but I think I"M going to start keeping a journal of all of his exploits and adventures!

Well, I'm off to meet my walking buddy. Then into the sewing room I go!

Mary Z

maryq

Post by maryq » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:25 am

Good Morning Girls

Just a quick note to say hello and let you know I miss you. I have been bragging to BFF about all my wonderful quilting buddies. BTW, Her name is Michele, so she has a real name not just BFF! :D :D

We've been practically talking non stop since she got here... Later on I'll tell you all about what we've been up to.. Or course her visit included a trip to the big Craft Store and to Hobby Lobby too!

Yes, we had a few snow flakes here and Michele's DH has been keeping us update on snow levels in Denver. No big deal of Denver closes the airport, I'll just keep Michele a few more days!

I think today is going to be a quiet "around the house " day... I may play with a little fabric I bought. Michele wants to learn how to crochet, so I might teach her that today as well.

Miss you all and I will be back soon!

Love,Mary

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:02 am

Jana, when I was working, I used to love talking with the guys in the helicopters. They can see so much from up above.

Judi, have a fun lunch with your friend. I love salads too.

Maryq, sounds like you are having a great time with your friend. It's nice to have someone to hang out with.

Maryq, I know you can finish that quilt with time to spare. It will be nice to have a new stairway as well.

Lois, nice you have Olivia to cut your hair. I got my hairs cut yesterday too. Hope you find backing for your quilt.

I'm waiting for the carpet installers to get here again. The carpet they put in almost 3 months ago was not what I ordered. It took this long to get it replace. Hopefully it's right this time. After they're done, I can walk the boys.

Have a wonderful day.
Lori 8-)

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:09 am

To answer your curiosity, when I mentioned snow... It was flurries. Nothing on roads. Road was dry. It was fluttering in the air because of the upper air masses. Ground is warm, so no accumulation. 😊 We would NEVER tow on snowy roads. 🤗
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Return to “Sew ins”