Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday, April 19th

Daily discussions.
suzette58

Monday, April 19th

Post by suzette58 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:16 am

Good morning everyone.
I have the braids done for the braid quilt. I should get the rest of the fabric today and I will then be able to get it sewn together. I am using Moda Grunge fabrics. It is a wonderful fabric for borders and such. When I took the dogs out earlier I was surprised to see it raining. The weather man has been not doing so well lately. I hope everyone has a wonderful day. Off to get a second cup of coffee.
Suzette

fabricgirl

Re: Monday, April 19th

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:41 am

Good morning Suzette and all who follow,

I have been up for a while allergies are kicking my but.
Today Olivia is coming to cut my hair so thats on the horizon for today.
I will do some tracing on my block of the month its called bearidise from Facebook I made 1 block so far and started the second 1 but didn't like the mountains after I fused them so I will retrace a few :lol: .
Chris that cake was so cute and it looks like the party was a big success.
Mary Z no snow for us T G..
Well thats all the news here everyone enjoy your day prayers go out to all.
Lois

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:43 am

Good morning, It is sunny and not quite so cold this morning, going up to 64/ I am headed to the grocery store this morning, As soon as I am done here. Dont need too much just a few things. but I like to go early.
I was up at 530am wide awake so I got everything done today I need to do.
Yesterday we went to see kens sister she is doing very well walking around and remembering all the stories we had to tell...My nephew was visiting and we havent seen him in 20 years,,,He looks good.
I did start quilting the Christmas ribbons quilt. and may work on thst later this afternoon.
We do need to get a guest room together,,we will use the old office and put together a guest room...It will have 2 twin beds and a dresser (thats all that will fit) but lots of quilts and they should be comfortable in there,,,we only need it for 5 days that is all they are staying. (phew).( our other spare room is bunkbeds and kid stuff so that wont work).. then it will go back to an office,
Well I need to get moving..hope all are well...XXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOO

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:44 am

Good morning!

Last night was fun with all the family. Lila was a character! I took her present in my tote bag. So when it came time to open them, I had her reach in my bag to get them. She squealed with delight and said, it's pink! A few minutes later, after she ate her cake, she came back and picked up my tote bag, looking in to see if there was something more hiding in there. Grandma's magic bag! Then Ethan rode home with us. We brought our little red truck home from Aaron's, so it can be smog checked to be registered for this year. We don't drive the little truck much, so we let Aaron use it as his second vehicle. The little red truck is 19 years old and runs like a jewel. Back to the Ethan story. Ethan got in the truck to go home and saw the window handle, the old fashioned kind, where you manually crank it to open the window. He then proceeded to roll the window up and down, telling Grandpa all about this new way to open a window! He had never seen a window open that way, only way he knew was by pushing the button on a power window! We had a good laugh! Little things we grew up with, that are unknown and rare to this next generation of kids.

A few uglies, a few dances with Mr. Samsung and sewing in the Batt Cave. My normal Monday routine. I am such a creature of habit. Maybe it's time to see if I can get into some trouble, I used to be very good at that!

Stay Safe!!
Hugs and prayers,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:46 am

Hello everyone sunny here Going to be another beautiful day
Going to bind & Hem today & whatever else jumps up Always something here
Lois A haircut always makes me feel better Enjoy yours
Suz Enjoy your sewing day
Chris That cake was so cute They did a great job on it And they are very cute little boys So good you have them to enjoy
Prayers forCindyg Don & Lynn & her DH & Rosebud. Becca

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:28 am

Good morning, another beautiful day.

Suzette, our weatherman is predicting lots of hot weather here. I did get to sleep with the window open last night, love that. I've seen grunge, it is pretty cool. Love the colors you are using in your sewing suite. it will be beautiful.

Lois, thanks, Jerry was over the moon getting to make that cake. Happy bearadise block making. Did you see the layout? I think it will be cute when all done. Wish I didn't have to work so I could play.

Judi, You are quite accommodating to make an office a bedroom. I don't even have a bed to make into a guest bed here. We just don't have guests.

Jana, I loved that Lila squealed, that is my favorite part of any present opening event. Kids are the best ever. If you can find one you might show Ethan an 8-track tape.

Becca, looking forward to seeing that baby quilt, nice to be at the binding stage. when you are done if you send me a picture I can post it for you.

Maryz, a sawtooth star is a cool block, 225 blocks ought to keep you busy for a day or two. it will be a pretty quilt. glad your yard is done and ready for enjoyment.

that's it for me, you girls have a marvelously wonderful day.
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:49 am

Good morning,

We broke 80 the last few days. Glorious weather! Our predicted high of 72 will feel cool after this past weekend!

Suzette - I love Moda's Grunge. Shibori Dragon has it on sale right now in 108" wide backs in various colors, $9.50/yd. I'm gonna get me some!

LOIS - glad you didn't get any snow. So nice during the pandemic to have your hair stylist come to your house! :D

JANA- I can just picture little Lila squealing at her pink birthday gifts. I can remember squealing just like that when I'd go to bed the night before my birthday, I was so excited. Woke Bill up. ;)

CHRISS - I was all set to start that starry quilt and even had all my 30's fabrics spread all over the place, sorting them by colors but decided to go with the Snail Trail project first. It will be a comfort quilt for Don & Cindy so I'm trying to pour on the coal and get it finished as quickly as possible.

JUDI - you have a lot of beds in your house. Our trailer is our only guest quarters. We used to have a guest room but even when our grands spent the night, they preferred sleeping on the floor in the family room in sleeping bags. But Ken's brother may not like that option. :D I hope the visit all goes well.

Yesterday was nice and mostly relaxed. I started cutting out my scrappy blue & cream snail trail quilt and am thinking of ordering that Grunge backing from Shibori Dragon for it. So I'll be working on that today. Unless I'm out helping Bill. For 3 yrs he's been dragging his feet on fixing our outside deck stairway that is 29 yrs old. Suddenly yesterday, he got a burr under his saddle, called me out for a conference, took measurements, made a shopping list, and off he went to Home Depot and the lumber store. He's going to rebuild it using Trex (plastic lumber). So I may be called to be his lovely assistant.

A brand new fresh week! Let's make it a good one!
Mary z

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:16 am

Good Morning All

I have had visitors all weekend. My daughter and youngest DGS is here. She came to help me clear out clutter. I am glad for all the help I can get . But no help in sewing room . That would have to be another quilter. Still need to do basement so I guess she will have to come back. I have not seen them for over a year. My Grandson is one of the twins.
I have not been in my gardens since last Wed. and now we are supposed to get snow. I am going to cover up a lot of plants.
I posted what block we will be doing in sew along. Remember if you do not like block we posted pick an Eleanor block you do like. This one is easy. Mary will be posting pictures soon.

O dear Maryz We are in the 40's and going to 27 tomorrow night . I want some 60's or higher.
Chriss That cake was the cutest. I used to do cakes in my spare time. Actually done my daughters wedding cake. But I prefer to do kids cakes.
Jana Lets see what kind of trouble we can get into.
Lois That BOL sounds like fun. I did one on The fab shop hop sight a few years ago and actually kept all the patterns.
Judi Hope your visitors work out.
Well i need more coffee Then to sewing room . Promised myself I would get dog done for lotto.
You all have a great sewing day

Katy

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:18 am

Good morning all! Just a quick stop in today. Need to go and get gas for lawn mower. I may mow this afternoon but depends on the wind gusts. They say they are to get up to 35 mph. If that bad the lawn will just have to wait until after the snow. We are supposed to get 3-4 inches of snow tomorrow night into Wednesday morning. typical April here in Ohio.

Didn't accomplish much of anything yesterday. My knees were really hurting me. When weather is changing they get bad. I can tell the weather better than the weatherman.

Hope everyone has a good day. Sounds like you have all been busy.

Sherry

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:29 am

Good morning ☀️
It’s a little chilly here this morning but it’s Monday and you know me can’t start a week without having an accident to cause injury last week fell in the barn and busted my butt really good so been laying on the heating pad pretty sore but I’ll be OK
I was trying to climb over a fence that I had set up for my chickens in a little play yard I guess I’m not as young as I used to be and not as limber either 🤪

Gave me some time to hand quilt on DH Bible quilt

I can’t believe that my baby boy will be four in four weeks it’s just unbelievable so we’re doing a Star Wars birthday party and Oma is making baby Yoda cupcakes he wanted a piñata for his birthday and picked out a Star Wars themed one so that’s how we got the Star Wars birthday theme he picked the biggest piñata he could find and of course the Star Wars one was it

Loaded up the fish quilt so I will get it quilted and that graduation quilt will be done
Then back to my UFO pile

Nothing else new here I will read up and catch up on all your fun stuff

Hugs 🤗 prayers 🙏 happy stitching 🧵
🐐izzy

Return to “Sew ins”