Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday April 18

Daily discussions.
WeSignificant

Sunday April 18

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:28 am

Happy Day today! Will be back soon.

I a back. Was hoping to find some others here.
Worked with one patient most of the day yesterday. No sewing done. At free sew on Friday I did get the Hummingbird panel quilt done. Hoping the quilter can quilt it. The panel as with most panels was not straight or square so had issues. I think I am done with panels. Also made good progress on my pink/purple Bohemia. May try to finish it today.
Lyn ongoing prayers for Gary. Sounds like effects are mild so hoping for full recovery.
It is supposed to be into the 80’s today. Chriss you may be seeing some temp rises too! Not sure I am ready for the heat of summer.
Becca laundry day for me today here. Only about 2 loads so not too bad. We do quite a bit through the week. So sorry to hear about your DH cousins. Condolences to the family. Prayers for her recovery both physical and emotional. Tough time for her.
So sorry to also hear about Cindy’s husband. Wondering if there are any options out there. Maybe that is what the dr wants to talk about. Prayers for them both.
Maryz no my DD, DGD, DGGD all live in Reno/Sparks area. It is about 4 hours away. DD did not end up coming to Free sew as she woke up sick.
Chriss you are doing so well on your diet. I am still just not able to wrap my head around changing eating habits. Wish we lived closer. DGS though is do a modified keto so maybe I can challenge him to a dual. Haven’t been able to walk much at all with this knee. Have been waking up in the middle of the night with it throbbing. Hope you had a great time at the party. I so miss my little ones, all grown up now.
Sharona interesting concept you have there. I am going to ponder that. I may be having the same problem.
I seem to have missed something about Superior Threads? But in the meantime, I am searching for my brown thread. Anyone know where I put it? Can’t find it anywhere. Need it to sew binding on my UGRR. Uhm
Well I have more charting today after my day yesterday so best get started.
Last edited by WeSignificant on Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Becca

Re: Sunday April 18

Post by Becca » Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:05 am

Good morning everyone beautiful sunshine today
Valerie Have a great day
Finished my baby quilt all but binding
Will watch Church service Hope everyone has a blessed day
Lyn Praying for your DH & you for safe travels
Cindyg Prayers for you & Don
Becca

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:18 am

Good morning Val. It is still cold here but up into the 60s today. I did load up most of the 2nd quilt on the LA last night but too tired to wprk on it I was in bed by 930. I do have to get going on the house...Ken just got word that his brother whom he hasnt seen in 30 years is coming for a visit from Colorado. They have a sister who is 89 who is not doing well and he decided he wants to see her. it was quite a shock to hear he was coming,,and an even bigger shock to hear he was staying with us. ( pray for us) Our niece has a large house but she cares for the sister and a husband who has cancer so there is no way she could handle this visit. so I need to turn a kids room into a guest room. pronto. There is a single bed and a set of bunkbeds in there and that part wont change, ( not on this short notice) so prayers are needed that this goes off without too much drama.
We will go out to see his sister this afternoon. They live over an hour away. I will come home a maybe quilt on the quilt...I do have most of the binding sewn down on quilt #1, #2 is mostly on the frame...batting is relaxing overnight to get the wrinkles out of it...well I need to get us some breakfast, hope you all have a blessed sunday....XXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOO

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:39 am

Good morning, Valarie, Becca, Judi , and everyone!
Yesterday was a gorgeous day and I finished outdoor weeding. Whew! Glad to have that project finished.
Church will be on Facebook today, so I best get my coffee and breakfast done.
Prayers for all our friends here.
Safe Sunday! News is reporting yet another mass shooting, now in Kenosha County, WI. What is happening to this world filled with so much anger? What we need is more love of neighbor. More forgiveness.
Pray for healing of our world! 🙏🙏🙏
Love you all!
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:39 am

Good morning everyone.
We have been busy here. We had new flooring put down in the bathrooms and boy did it change them. They look so much better. I am painting my sewing room paneling and eventually my fabric room. I have also been working on El’s braid quilt. I am waiting for fabric somI can start putting it together. I was looking on Facebook at a page for our town. A woman who has some mental issues has been getting in people’s backyards and claiming that the house is hers and that the people living there have to get out. She also got in someone’s house through an old coal chute. Plus she even tried getting in someone’s car at the bank drive through. But the door was locked. I hope everyone is doing well. Have a great day.
Suzette

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:00 am

Happy Sunday, it's going to be a marvelous day today.

Last night the birthday party for now 7 year old Emiliano was so much fun. The party consisted of both adults and kids, there was a bounce house and lots of playing. My problem is, I don't speak Spanish so conversation is quite limited. https://i.postimg.cc/T1vtvZLs/cake-and-boys.jpg Jerry really outdid himself in making this cake. He and Emiliano's mom decorated it. https://i.postimg.cc/CLPbj3MV/cake.jpg

We ate so much good food that I probably won't have to eat for the rest of today. My dad, and his dad would say, "barely enough food to sustain life." And yes, I also say it. Funny how sayings get handed down. What are some of your family quotes?

Valerie, we certainly will see the temperatures rise here. Supposed to get so close to 90 by Monday. ugh. I am loving this carbless way of eating. I don't even miss sugar, potatoes or pasta. Cauliflower and cabbage are a great substitute and sweets don't even capture my attention anymore. How is DGS doing on Keto?

Becca, I just watched last weeks church sermon on you tube and will go to church in a couple of hours. They just started a new series about being still and listening to God so you can hear Him. I'm quite excited about it. Hope your online church is very insightful.

Judi, wow to be on the other end of the phone call that says "I haven't seen you in 30 years but will be spending some time with you soon, please get my room ready" I pray it's a peaceful and uneventful visit. Wonder what the sister will think when the brother shows up and visits after all this time. Could make for a great Readers Digest story.

Velda, enjoy FB church. crazy about the shootings lately. I am just dumbfounded.

Suzette, yay for new flooring. What color are you painting? the kids next door had a grey paneled hallway, they painted it white and boy does it look better. Smart idea to keep your car doors locked at all times. It's a crazy world out there.

Sharona, I also love the way our family and the kids next door are knitted together. The parents are the same age as my son so the younger ones could easily be my grandkids. I am so excited to have kids in my life and near enough to spoil. My house is also, in my opinion, needing attention. just clutter everywhere. and it seems that we purge only to find we still have way more than a person needs. crazy.

Lyn, I also had no idea a stroke could last days. Glad you were in the states and had easy access to medical care. Also glad you will be seeing more than one doctor so you can get more information. Prayers for Garry, and for you.

Lori, also glad your DH is doing well, crazy how things like this happen so unexpectedly. hope his follow up is a good report. Nice of you to do quilts for vets. Yes, my day with Mar was quite long but as silly as it sounds I am building up my confidence about driving long distances. I just don't do it often enough. I am so ready to go see her again.

I guess if I am going to get to church I had best shower and get dressed. Hope you all have the most wonderful day today.
Chriss
Psalm 91

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:19 am

Good morning,

VAL - So sorry your DD couldn't make it to the free-sew. I thought she lived in Sparks so that's why I asked if maybe this was a different daughter. Irish's DD lives there, also. Hoping you find lots of time for sewing today!

VEL - yay for finishing the weeding! I did, too! Let's celebrate! I'm going to start a new quilt this morning and relax on the deck with a new book this afternoon. What are you going to do?

JUDI - hooray for #2 going on the frame! Sorry about the company coming. Will he be alone? How long will he be staying? Prayers for you and Ken - and for their 89 yr old sister.

JANA - Superior Threads is now in Vancouver, WA??? Have you ever heard the parable, often read at funerals, about the ship? It leaves shore and sails out onto open water. Everyone in Utah is tearful, saying, "There she goes. :cry: ) But on the opposite shore in WA, we are all saying, "Here she comes!! :D ). Sorry for you, but happy for me! That is about 2 hours south of us.

LYN, so sorry about Garry's health issues. How scary for you! I hope his left hand improves over time and with therapy. I pray you'll both be OK on the road. What needs repairs on the MH?

LORI - you can still stop at Superior threads on your way to UT but you'll just have to take a more northern route, and maybe add a day to your trip. I'll meet you there!

CHRISS -CONGRATULATIONS on another size down!! You and I will be passing each other soon! We can trade jeans! So how was the big birthday party of the century? 7 is such an important age! No longer a baby!

SHARONA - I hope you can tame that beast soon! Whichever beast you are referring to - your fabric, your house, or your mind. :lol: I sort of enjoy whipping my stash back into submission. I put on my audio book and sort of get into a zen state. I try to fold everything as identically as I can and I sort it by colors. It goes on cabinet shelves in my sewing room. I do have a lot of Christmas, though, and I sorted it by color into small see-through bins that I can lift easily. They stack nicely under my work table. I have a plastic 4-drawer iris cart for scraps with a drawer each for darks, meds, lights, and whites/creams. And another cart for novelties. And I label EVERYTHING. Other holiday fabric is also kept separate in 3x12x12 totes on top of the cabinets. My sewing room is my happy place. :D As to my cross-stitch, I plan to finish my Retro Trailer in Summer first and then figure out which one is next. . . Since the trailers are in a set of four seasons and I have one left to do (fall), I will probably do that one, which should take me a couple of months, but may sneak a few stitches in on the others now and then.

SUZ - so good to see you!! I was starting to worry . . I hope your fabric comes soon. But maybe with all you've got going on perhaps it's just as well if it lingers at the post office. What color are you painting your sewing room? We've been doing the same kind of things at hour house. Our bathroom looks totally different. We like the new floor so well that we're going to put the same thing in our kitchen now. Then we will be DONE with the inside of our house. The lady on your town's FB page sounds a little like our neighbor, Vicki. Huntington's is her problem and it affects the brain and odd as it sounds, she also has a property/boundry 'thing'. Lots of posts on our town's page, too.

Yesterday we finished the yard work. I've streamlined it so much that now I can do in 3 or 4 half-days what used to take me 2 whole weeks of full-days to do. But I was 35 when I bought this property with lots of energy. Now I'm 70 with achy everything! :lol: Some things just had to give. To celebrate our yard looking so nice now we decided to invite a couple over for a glass of wine around a campfire. Well, as so often does, the plan escalated into a full-blown party, we put out snacks and then a second couple showed up with a pizza! It was well past dark when everyone finally went home. I'm a tired puppy today. But smiling! The yard work is done. The housework is done. and the laundry is done! It's a trifecta! And I'm starting a new quilt in 30's fabric. All blocks are 4-1/2" unfinished sawtooth stars, each star in different fabrics as much as possible. This should keep me occupied for a while as it has 225 stars. And I have a second project in mind as well - a snail trail in scrappy blues and creams. It's going to get busy in my playroom again!

Y'all have a Super Sunday!
mary z

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:37 am

Good morning!

We are still quite chilly, but the sun is shining brightly. Church is in a couple of hours and I will be the chorister again. This is for the congregational hymns that we sing. Next week, the whole Ward can meet together again. We have been attending at half of the Ward each week, due to virus restrictions numbers. But that will be one of those family stories of how we weathered this time of our life. We all have lots of those and how we helped making millions of masks to help many in need. Those stories need to be written in our journals for our posterity. They need to know!

Well, after church I need to make a macaroni salad for the family gathering for Lila's BD. I may get to sew some too. Michael cleaned his desk yesterday that is in the Batt Cave. Shock! He says a clean desk is a sign of a sick mind. One of those family sayings. He couldn't find a letter opener he needed and knew he had seen it on the desk, hence he cleaned the desk and found it. I should hide something he uses, so that will happen more often! LOL! His desk is usually piled high and deep. That is why we use a track ball mouse thingy. It doesn't need to move to move the cursor on the screen!

There was a family tradition we always did when we left the grandparents house from our visit. It a railroad rule of using the train horn, when the train is approaching a crossing. It's called rule 14- K. A long horn blast, then two short blasts, followed by one more long horn. The kids do it now as they leave here. Except Sarah, she is here all the time!

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:42 am

Superior Threads said that their headquarters had relocated to Vancouver. I think there is still a store in St George called Mom's Superior Threads. I am not sure that the St George store is still Superior threads. They had just built a huge new store there. It will take some research to get things straight. Phone call on Monday morning!

womster

Post by womster » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:16 am

Good morning!

Valerie – I’ve had that same problem with panels. Hopefully the quilter will be able to figure something out. Sorry your knee is misbehaving and causing you pain. Happy charting.

Becca – enjoy your sunshine and binding.

Judi – prayers for all of you re Ken’s brother’s visit. How soon will he get there? Prayers for safe travel to visit his sister today.

Vel – congrats on getting all that weeding done. So sad about yet another mass shooting. Have a great FB church service.

Suzette – that is very scary about that woman. I hope she gets some help before she gets shot. I bet your new floors look great! Your fabric must be taking the scenic route.

Chriss – that birthday party sounded like it was a wonderful time. That cake is spectacular! And Emiliano is a cutie. I think it’s the clutter that really niggles on my mind. Purging, I have learned, is a never-ending task. Just like housework or yardwork. UGH! Congrats on your new eating lifestyle. I like your church’s new series.

Maryz – thanks so much for your fabric storing ideas. I finally got into the mindset of whipping it in shape around 4pm, so yay. Your idea of labeling everything is key. I’m so excited to get back out there and get back at it. The retro trailers are very cute – I’ve seen it on the ‘net and thought of you. My DH is starting to realize he can’t do what he did at 73 that he did even in his 40s. I’m so thankful he decided not to get on a ladder again. I hope someday I can reach the trifecta of house/yard/laundry. Enjoy your warm weather – we’re getting snow again tomorrow.

Jana – enjoy your family gathering. I like the rule 14-k. I hope you figure out what’s going on with Superior Threads. I order from them a lot.

Just finished up online church. One more week of it and then I can go back to attending in person. Not much else exciting going on out here. Have a glorious day! xoxo Sharona

Return to “Sew ins”