Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Friday April 16, 2021

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Friday April 16, 2021

Post by fabricgirl » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:00 am

Good Morning

Today its suppose to rain on and off there is not much to report other than it's ugly day
and after that I will work on my bear block I'm doing a sew along from Suzys citcom Chris tagged me in this on Facebook so I started that block yesterday it applique.

Chris glad you had fun wit marilyn yesterday
She has grown up so fast you and Jerry did a great job with her.

Lyn and Lori I hope your Dh are getting better.

Well nothing else to report I hope you all have a great day prayers go out to all.
Lois

grammiequilts

Re: Friday April 16, 2021

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:20 am

Good morning Lois/ it is 39 here dreary but the rain has moved to you. I have been up a while stripped and remade the bed and now I will get dressed and scrub the kitchen flooouse)r...if I get done early enough I can sew.
Yesterday We had a fun trip to IKEA I didnt buy much...but Nolan and Liam did. they found things for their room there"needed". Nolan had never been there but he concluded once was enough. Liam liked it but was disapointed his desk was out of stock and had to be ordered. But we had lunch and a good visit. DDs kitchen is coming along...the tile guy has been scheduled along with the counter tops and floors...the furniture might still take a while to be delivered...but all should be done by the middle of May. Ken has pretty much finished all he can do there. might have a few more things to do, but Jeff is doing quite well...I doubt they will ever take on this big a project...
Sophia is quite the artist and will spend hours drawing...so he mom hd the bright Idea for her to do a mural in her closet.(large walk in closet that had doubles as a playhouse and and fort and other things,,,) She has been sketching and designing and erasing for a week now...She is so excited keeps thanking her mom for letting her do it...We cant wait to see it..her aspirations are to be an art teacher...and live in grenich village new york. ah to be young again. '
well I need to get going I did finish one quilt last night,,,,now to do the scalloped border and bind it...I have the biased binding made and ready,,,if you need me I will be doing that...have a wonderful day XXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOO

Becca

Post by Becca » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:51 am

Good morning sunshine here
Lyn Prayers for your DH & for safe travels
Lori Glad DH got home
I got lots done yesterday so may not be as busy today I hope After Town I got weed eating done trimmed wild roses back Then quilted I still have 2 blocks to go
I will do laundry today
Lois Ugliest aren’t fun but necessary
Judi Glad Colleen is making good progress Sophie sounds very driven That’s great she has the talent
Have a great day everyone Becca

velvet

Post by velvet » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:10 am

Good sunny morning from LI The flight went great-plane was only half full. Everyone was told pick a seat other than 1st class to help balance the plane. No problem at all.
Hugged and kissed all the kids and grands- today we'll have dinner here with DGS Paul and Amy with the 2 GGD's (Riley 4 and Harley 9 months) Everyone has been given the shots needed against the virus so let the hugs keep on going.

I finally met Daryl from Andover fabrics-she came to my DD on Weds night. We had just a great time. She is the brand manager and has sent me beautiful fabrics (many for QOV) thru the last few years. She is a friend of my DD thru a web site for knitters and crocheters (spelled wrong) from years ago. Dawn told her of my sewing for QOV and then the fabric starting coming a few times a year. The latest was the 39 quilts that we presented last month. I had a photo album made from Snap chat for her. Also did a quilt with beautiful fabric I brought in Texas 2 years ago. It was Andover, of course. She loved her gifts.

So you can see that this visit has been wonderful for us. I hope everyone can feel that way today.
Diane

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:58 am

Good morning!

Somebody needs to send that silly groundhog back to school for remedial math! The groundhog predicted 6 more weeks of winter on February 2nd. Now by my count, that meant sometime the second week or so of March, but boy was that groundhog wrong! We have woke up to snow, everyday this week and it the middle of April! Sheesh! And the proverbial "they" (the weather guys) keep saying we will warm up! Yeah, right! Well at least all this white rain helps the lawns turn green and it doesn't cost me anything.

Cleaned up the Batt Cave yesterday. Ethan was here for a short time helping me. I scrubbed the two windows in there and the tracks they slide in. What a mess! But the insides are clean! Put away things I packed from the construction as well. It's nice to have homes for everything and in easy reach. I now need to do the same in the LA area. Then my part of the basement is clean, the railroad part needs some serious help! Michael has about 2/3rds of the basement area, maybe I will help in there too. Maybe, we will see, if cleaning can out do the call of fabric.

Not much more here,
Stay safe
Hugs,
Jana

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:17 am

Good morning

LOIS - sorry about the rain. That would be our usual spring weather and I'm sure we'll get back to it just as soon as we go camping next week but for now, we're all about sunshine and 70's! I am basking!

DIANE - sounds like you are having a stellar trip! Fun, family, friends! I'm sure Darryl loved meeting you and really enjoyed the gifts you had for her.

JUDI - the end of the kitchen job is in sight! Yay!! Now let the basement carry on! Glad you enjoyed your IKEA trip. It's a fascinating place, though the fascination is more on my side than Bill's, have to say. Which quilt do you have done that is getting the scallop treatment?

JANA - please leave the ground hog alone! We're doing just fine here! But I believe this weeklong streak of warm sunny weather is headed your way when we're done with it. Glad you're almost back together from your construction. It takes longer than one would think!

BECCA - Spring is a busy time in the yard! I'm glad you now have a kind, sensitive, and knowledgeable doctor! Makes life easier for you and your hubby.

CHRISS - Your day with Mar sounds like, and from the photo you posted, looks like you both had a great time! A long day but such fun making great memories! Glad your bobbin thread held out to the last stitch! You're welcome! ;)

LYN - How is your DH? Wishing you safe travels home. I hope you will be driving. Will you be going through KS to see the kids?

LORI - glad your hubby is home and is OK. I pray he stays OK.

SHARONA - What's the story at your house today? I hope the shot went OK.

VELDA - I like to thumb old quilty mags, too, while riding in the truck. Or do hexies or yo yo's. We're too bouncy on most roads to do cross-stitch or embroidery.

Ecxept for DH's "playroom" (his computer room) our house is all back together. He was waiting for a special plugstrip to corral all his electronic gear before putting his heavy desk back in place. It arrived last night so that room will be finished today. We did some rearranging of things this week, cleaned excessively as we put everything back after windows, and then I cleaned the garage, did 3 loads of laundry (got to use my clotheslines!), remade the bed. I have no more inside chores but a lot needs to be done outside, so that's where I'll be if you need me - at least until afternoon when I'm going to relax on the deck with a tall glass of iced tea and a book. This weather isn't going to last long, so I'm going to enjoy it while I can. Then I'll get back into the sewing room.

Yesterday a hummingbird flew into the house and was frantic to get out, but he was high up in the skylights of the 15' part of the ceiling. Bill had to go to the garage, get the big ladder, and try to bird herd him down with the broom and out the door. He ended up catching him in one hand instead, carried him down the ladder and outside to release him. That was HIS little adventure. My adventure was breaking a tooth while having dinner at our friends. I think it's the crown of one of my implants. Ratzlefratz!! Guess I'll be calling my dentist today.

I hope everyone has a great day with no broken teeth!

mary z

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:27 am

Good morning

Free sew again today. Yesterday got the binding sewn on the front of my UGRR. Also most of the Hummingbird quilt. Had a bit of slip up in border sizes but working through that. DD is supposed to meet me there today to join us.

Lyn and Lori any updates on DH's. Prayers for return of their health.

Lori please send rain, we are facing another drought and really need some.

Chriss I used to go shopping with my DGD. I have since been very careful about that as she came home happy and I came home broke! Glad you had a good time. I am so happy that she has you. Cute picture of her.

Well caregiver her in 4 min (she is coming early yesterday and today) so I guess I best get. Also need to get my DD sewing stuff together!
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:04 am

Good morning.
Diane: what a wonderful thing to meet this wonderful angel donating so many fabrics. That's such a blessing for your group.
Maryz: oh, how I love hummingbird stories. They are such marvelous creatures. I will be putting up my feeders here after we return next week. Then I will be there to enjoy the birds and be there to keep the feeders clean and replenished.
We are settled in here. Hope it warms up a bit so I can do outside projects.
Lyn, hope Garry is doing better.
Hugs to all.
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Return to “Sew ins”