Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday April 15

Daily discussions.
WeSignificant

Thursday April 15

Post by WeSignificant » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:57 am

Good morning, is anybody here?
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Becca

Re: Thursday April 15

Post by Becca » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:59 am

Good morning everyone sunny here We are off to Town for DHs check up at Dr then pick up a few things at grocery store
Have a great day everyone Becca
Valerie You are an early bird Have a great day

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:03 am

Good morning,

We're warming up here and going to have several days in the 70's, nudging 80. Sweet!

VAL - I'm here! Was busy typing! How is your dad doing?

SHARONA - Today is shot day for your, isn't it? Has there been any more talk about your parents moving to CO? Would they settle in your town or Denver or ?? I'm still so pleased to have you back in the fold! In the fold - get it? as in 'fold of fabric'? It's early. No coffee yet.

LORI - How is your DH? I worried about him all day.

BECCA - I hope all goes well with your DH's check-up.

JUDI - Did you get your reindeer on the quilt frame? You didn't mess up your sewing room, did you??!

MARY Q - is she there?? Is she there?? Enjoy your visit! And June 20th will be coming up sooner than you think. 66 days. 9-1/2 weeks.

SHERRY - we have to feed Foxy up high, too. We used to have a cat tree for him and had his food on that, but otherwise he didn't use it, so we gave it to our DGS and now his food is in my sewing room. I have been doing the seasonal retro trailers. I have Winter and Spring finished, and Summer is almost done. Only Fall to go. They are about 6x8" each. I have a larger project ordered of a mama bear and 2 cubs walking a moutain trail at sunset, but it hasn't come yet. And I have a project on a frame but not started yet - a golden retriever and puppies in the snow near a red pickup with a tree in it, barn in background. All this should keep me out of trouble for a long time to come.

JANA - happy birthday to Lila - a day late! A pink Minnie Mouse cake sounds amazing! I'd take one, too - if I couldn't get Sylvester the Cat.

VELDA - you are going back to your son's today. Don't forget your computer so you can keep in touch!

CHRISS - yoo hoo!! You out there??

We are still working on putting the house back together. Almost there. Whew! Taking his opportunity to clean some things that we can never get to, like behind Bill's HEAVY desk, under our king bed, etc. Still have some valances to iron and rehang, and some new ones to order. I got waylaid yesterday when I knocked over my sewing cart and needles packages, many pairs of scissors, all my machine feet, hemostats, bobbins, misc tools all went flying. What a mess! Took forever to clean all that up and get the cart organized again. Today's plan is to finish inside and then go back outside to do some yard chores. Time to set out all my yard art - gnomes, deer, coyotes, etc. No sewing here this week.

Piece!
mary Z

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:14 am

I need a favor from my friends. DH, Garry needs prayers. Short version, Garry hasn't been normal for a few days. Yesterday he couldn't remember how to do something on Quicken. He's also had trouble with left hand. We went to the ER in Corpus. They did a CT scan and blood tests, etc. CT scan showed nothing, but they admitted him for more tests. When we finally got him to a room, he had a TIA. I took pictures of his smile as it changed. It lasted about an hour, then he was fine. I got back about 12:30, so a short night. CT scans don't show TIA's.
Lyn

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:17 am

Free sew day for me today, plus Covid test (still every week) and I will see one Hospice patient after Free Sew.

Finished the binding on my “Just Can’t Cut It” quilt. It is posted under UFO thread. I am going to look into learning how to do these on the machine. Too much arthritis for these poor little hands

Judi I think inspiration is the hardest part of quilting. What next?

Flo you amaze me with all you fit into a day.

Maryz the eye appointment was sorta both. He had not had his retina and glaucoma checks for sometime and he is closing the right eye to see sometimes, plus his eyelids are frequently red and inflamed but no drainage that would indicate an infection. Plus he doesn’t seem to always open them all the way. Other than that, the last couple of nights we are having issues again with dinner but not much I can do. Congratulations on the new windows, We had double paned put in some years ago.

Vel have a great time at your son’s. I think dog sitting can be a very calming job. DGS psychologist told us years ago that per therapy is very effective. Not that you need therapy!

Jana Happy Birthday to Lila. 3 yrs old, so grown up. They have such a cute personality at that age.

Sherry I am still working on my taxes. I have used Turbo Tax for the past 8 – 10 yrs. It is getting more complicated though as the tax laws change.

Mary have a great time with BFF. We can help you fit that fabric in the car. Not a problem!

Lori praying everything worked out okay for you DH. A friend of ours went to ER last night with similar symptoms. They didn’t have enough beds to admit him so they sent him home! Hope he wasn’t having a heart attack.

Sharona what is Roku?

Well best get the day started.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:28 am

Hi y'all!

To dark still to see what is going on outside. Shortly the sun will be up. More rain/snow today. I was just the right elevation for snow. A couple of blocks away, it was rain. Finicky spring weather!

Don't know yet what kind of trouble I can get into. I did get the music done for church. We do have a choir director and also a chorister. The chorister, which I can do, leads the hymns the congregation sings. I can count time in the hymns, to know how to conduct them, but I don't read music, knowing what each note is on the staff. It's fun to pick the hymns/music for each week. I get to throw in my favorites !

Hopefully I can sew today. I have been spinning in place, and need and want to get going again. Sarah has the little girls, Gracie and Lila. It will be fun and noisy at her house! Aaron has training and Kate is on duty.

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:07 am

And I'm back. Had to take the dog out and fix the coffee.

LYN - so sorry to hear about Garry's problems. Praying tests will give you definitive answers. Nice that you were able to be with him in the hospital. Some places here it's still the parking lot for family members. I call it the "waiting lot". Keep us posted. You're supposed to start back north again end of April, aren't you?

JANA - you can conduct but you can't read music?? I can read music but no way could I conduct! lol!

VAL - I guess at your dad's age, he can eat/not eat whatever he wants. What are his favorite foods? Our old windows were also double-paned but 45 yrs old. But even so, we both notice how quiet the house is now. I had to open the new window a bit this morning so I could hear the birds! I hope your friend will be OK. Maybe he should try a different hospital? Binding by machine is easy, but it does take a little bit of practice. One difference is you sew the binding onto the back of the quilt instead of the front. Then pull your binding around to the front and stitch it down at the edge of the binding. Match your top thread to the binding and your bobbin to the backing. I use a straight stitch, but some people like to use a decorative stitch, especially when learning. I miter the corners just like in hand binding. I can do a queen quilt, start to finish, in 45 minutes. It's a real time saver.

Well, it's time to get up and do something, even if it's wrong. I have to pack up my little sister's birthday package and get it into the mail today, iron and rehang valances, scrub a frying pan. Then head out for my morning walk.

Make it a good one!
mz

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:41 am

Well I am certainly late to the party today. I got up got dressed, made the bed, has coffee, and toast. I was sitting and ready news headlines ( nothing to report except for junk) I realized I hadnt seen what all of youe are up to...it must b the cold...47 this morning and flurries predicted but it was more drizzle.
Colleen goes for her lung check today ( post Covid) She feels fine and her Oxegen levels are consistantly in the upper 90s/ Since her Dr is right bear IKEA I am riding along with her and so is Liam...He found a desk for his room that they have,,,his belated birthday gift from his mom and Dad...( he had to figue out what he wanted. )
My sewing room is still sparkly. I just ironed some backing and will load up the first of 3 quilts...let the quilting begin.
when these 3 are bound and labeled I will think on a new project...but in the meantime I just sit here and admire all the clean...hope your day is going well XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:48 am

MaryZ, we were going to leave tomorrow and make stops on the way.
Lyn

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:24 am

Good morning. We are on the road towards our son's. Should be there in about an hour or a little longer. Beautiful day. Cool but very nice. Been looking at my older issues if quilt magazines. Love those for travel.
Lyn, hope you get some answers soon. 🙏🙏🙏💞
Coming back on Tuesday. I will be squirming to get back to do block for next week's Sew Along. 😉
Have a fine beautiful day
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Return to “Sew ins”