Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Weds April 14th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Weds April 14th

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:09 am

Good morning it is sunny nd bright but still cold/
Everyone must be sleeping in this morning, I have a load of laundry going and one cuppa drank. the good newa here is that I finished the quilt. and will make binding today...Now to quilt the 3 quilts. I cleaned the sewing room and will prbably sit in the clean room looking for inspiration. I do have another quilt in mind...which will use mostly scraps.
Hope you are all sleeping in and have a great day.XXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

FlorenceM

Re: Weds April 14th

Post by FlorenceM » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:35 am

Morning Grammie & all to follow

Yesterday I scraped drywall mud off living room/kitchen subfloor at kids house. Then I finished weeding Forsythias . Today it's back to kids house floor, weed blackberries, and cook supper.....and get granddaughter from school....easy day
Flo

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:40 am

Good morning,

JUDI - hooray for the reindeer! What do you plan to back them with? And what is the new project you have in mind. Inquiring minds and all that, you know . . . .

FLO - I'm not so sure that your day was 'easy peasy'. Sounds full of activity to me!

VAL - sorry to hear about your dad's eye(s). Was this a normal eye exam for him or were there signs/symptoms that caused you to take him in to be checked?

LORI - I finally let go of a couple of pieces of fabric I'd had for many years. I knew I'd never be using it so I donated it to a thrift shop. Goodwill always has at least some yardage and they also sell smaller pieces bundled together so I know someone will come along who likes it.

SHARONA - how goes the fabric refolding process? Do you have all your fabric out in your She Sews Shed or do you keep it in the house?

MARY Q - it's BFF day!! It's BFF day!!! Happy Happy! How long is she staying?

JANA - you are 5'9" and you need grabbers?? You are 2" taller than my hubby. He's MY grabber. Wait - that didn't come out right.

We got our windows in. They did an awesome job and I love, LOVE them! Start to finish it took them 7-1/2 hours and that included time off for lunch. 11 windows plus a sliding glass door. The dog, cat, and I spent a good part of the day in our trailer. I cleaned/organized/purged closets, cupboards, & drawers and then took an inventory. (We're off camping again at the end of April) Then I sat and worked on my cross stitch and listened to an audio book, and as the day warmed up, I went outside and did a little yardwork. We got the house halfway put back together again last night so finishing that is on the agenda for today. My sewing room will be last because I know I won't be sewing until everything is back together once again. Any extra time this afternoon will be spent out in the yard.

Piece!
mary z

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:12 am

Good morning everyone! I was here earlier, but waited for someone to start the conversation. Got my shower, breakfast, coffee, and then came back to find you all so very busy!
Judi, glad you got your quilt finished. Interested in what is next.
Flo: OMG! You sound very busy. Doesn't sound easy day to me. 😉
Maryz: I bet new windows are really wonderful.
It will feel like a new house, for sure.
Your day sounds busy, too.
Just remembered MaryQ has BFF coming. Hope that is FUN!
We leave tomorrow to go back to our son's house for 5-6 days. We will be house and dog sitting. Also, if the weather is nice, I plan to finish the weeding job that I left unfinished.
So today, I will be planning what we need to take of our groceries, etc.
Other than that, not much going on here.
Hugs to all of you.
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:56 am

Good rainy morning!

Rained most of the night. From the looks of the clouds, we will be getting more.

Not much new here. Sarah is experimenting with old favorite cookie recipes, but with new fangled flours, and things she is not allergic too. Michael is her guinea pig. He is a good sport. Me, no way!

Today is our little Lila's 3rd birthday. We will have a family party on Sunday night. One of the troopers Aaron works with, decorates fancy cakes on the side, and did one for Lila. It's a Minnie Mouse design, can't wait to see it. Oh, it's pink, had to be pink. As far as Lila is concerned, there is no other color but pink! Pink!

We received word that all Church meetings will be held with no restrictions. We had been waiting for that news. This all starts on the 25th, so we have time to get things back up to speed. We will still be following some of the cleaning protocol and if you want a mask as well. It has been a very long 13+ months.

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:22 am

Good morning all! It is a sunny cold day here today. I will take that over snow any day. More cleaning planned for today. I need to get into my sewing room and get it set up. Moved my stuff in there about a month ago but haven' gotten back to sewing. I bought a 24" flat TV to put in there with a Roku. Now need to set it up and get my Disney+ and Parament and Prime installed so I can watch TV in there. Also need to do my taxes soon. They are due here in Ohio by May 17th. I do them on the computer since they are so easy.

Hope to go see the new movie Godzilla VS Kong in the next week. It will be so good to sit in a theater, eat popcorn and watch a movie. It is my kind of movie. Can't stand "lovey type" movies but really like action movies although Gone With The Wind is still my favorite movie. I really like Clark Gable. There just aren't stars like that anymore. Used to go to the theater once a month before the pandemic set in. Been over a year since the theater was open. I will even get the expensive popcorn and pop just to be there again.

Jana - You belong to the Mormon Church right? I have watched their meetings on the BYU station. They are very interesting.

Vel - Sounds like you will be very busy the next few days.

Maryz - I know when we got new windows it was all done in one day also but took more time to get everything back. I am sure they ae very beautiful. What cross stitch are you working on? I need to finish my cat one so I can start a Civil War Plantation project next. It is several pages long but really neat.

Flo - Sounds like you are very busy also. Just don't overdo.

Judi - Glad you got your quilt done. I am sure it is very beautiful. I have one ready to quilt when I finish getting my room set up. Haven't much quilting lately.

Well, time to go get some coffee and breakfast for me. Smoke and Sweetie are already fed. I have to do that first after I get dressed Sweetie sits right by me in the kitchen while I get her cat food ready and then follows me over to her cat tree. I have to put it on a shelf in the cat tree or Smoke helps himself to it.

Hope everyone has a good day. I get my second dose of Moderna vaccine on Friday. Hope you are all getting yours also.

Sherry

maryq

Post by maryq » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:51 am

Good Morning

Just a quick hello... Yes it is BFF DAY! She is sitting at Denver airport as we speak... tho I think she got there really early as plane doesn't leave until 11:00am! It's a pretty big airport so it may take a while to get to the right gate! The house is as clean as it's going to get.... just need to do my bathroom---which I will do after my shower. She will be here for a week and only have a couple things planned-- a visit to our "hometown" and the big craft store. Other than that, I think we'll probably just hang around the house. The weather isn't supposed to be that great the rest of the week... in fact we have a little snow on the roof this morning!

Made flight reservations to go to Great Falls, Montana on June 20th to pick up my Canadian kids! Finally have a date that they will be leaving. Tom and Viv and I are on same flight. We're going out a day early to "play" a little in GF. Shawn insists that there will be no room in their vehicles for us to bring home any fabric.... but I think we will be able to squeeze it in someplace.... I can always sit on it! It's definitely going to be a busy summer around here...

Saved mopping the floors until this morning... so I better go finish that.. then take my shower. Flight arrives at 2:pm my time, so I have a little while before I have to leave. It's about a 45 min drive from my house to the airport.

I'll try to get in to visit with you all, but if you don't see me every day.. not to worry!

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:52 am

Sherry, I have HBO/Max so I can watch that movie at home. It's one they did the premier the same day as the theatre. And I didn't know they extended the tax date until I printed everything out.
Then I saw it was due by May 17 instead of April 15. We'll it's done and I have to worry about it anymore.

Well I was up at 0400 this morning. DH was having chest pain and irregular heart beats, so I took him to the ER. I stayed about an hour, then came home to let the boys out to potty. He's still there. Then about 0700 I had to go up the street because my mom wouldn't put her boot back on her broken foot. When I got there all was fine. She said they men were being beastly. She can only come up with some words and not others.

Just another fun day at the Ferrari's and McCoy's.

Mary, I bet your window are beautiful.

Yay Judi! It's done with plenty of time before Christmas.

I hope my day quiets down a bit. I'm going to have coffee and then head back up to the ER to see how DH is doing.

Have a great day.
Lori 8-)

womster

Post by womster » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:52 am

Good morning!

Judi – congrats on finishing the quilt. I can just picture you sitting in your clean sewing room.

Flo – enjoy your easy d.

Maryz – yay – the new windows are in! The fabric is out in the sewing hole – stored in big (and small) lidded plastic boxes. Hope you’re able to squeeze in more yard work.

Vel – happy planning day. I always enjoy making lists.

Jana – happy birthday to Lila. Pink is good.

Sherry – don’t you just love Roku? Even with the advent of smart TVs, because our internet is so slow that it buffered everything but never played it. We put the Roku on, and tada! We have to feed our cat up high also.

Maryq – YAY!!!!! Have a wonderful visit.

Lori – prayers for your DH - neither one of those events are fun. Oh wow – hope your mom keeps her boot on. You’ve had a full day already.

I didn’t sleep well either. I get my second dose of Pfizer tomorrow – woohoo! I’m headed out to shuffle fabric here in a few. Other than that – not much going on here. Have a glorious day! xoxo Sharona

Return to “Sew ins”