Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday April 12th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Monday April 12th

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:00 am

Good Morning I was up early chilly her 48 we are back to our normal spring weather. Today will be grocery shopping some uglies and I might even get the reindeer top ready for quilting. I like to get to the grocery store early, Today is week 2 of the sew-in so I have my fabric ready. thats pretty much all that is going on here,,,We shall see when the mud dries up when yard work can resume. I can start the windows anytime but I will wait a week or 2 ..Hope your weekend went well XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

purrfect-lady

Re: Monday April 12th

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:11 am

Good morning,

Well, after prettying up our whole house, we've now torn it to bits. I knew we had to leave full 2-ft access to all the windows, but didn't quite realize how this would disrupt every single room! lol! No sewing this week! But I CAN reach the washer and dryer so guess I'll 'amuse' myself with the laundry and the weeds outside.

LORI - glad you got your taxes done. We've always agreed - there should just be a straight percentage tax according to income. And no more loop holes for big corp. At least our state is one of the 7 that don't have income tax, but we have nearly 10% sales tax and now, they say, the highest gas tax in the nation. And you may as well shop for clothing on line because I don't know of any stores that have opened their fitting rooms yet.

MARY Q - a new kind of fabric to love! Yay!! You should look at Shibori Dragon's website. They are a Tacoma shop - in fact I think we went there together when you visited. Oriental fabrics are their specialty. Not to lead you into temptation, but just to inform you. ;) Exciting news about Jen and David. I think your idea of a wedding date is purrfect! It's a neat date, but also almost a whole year to get to know each other.

KATY - looking for next block today!

FLO - hope your power wasn't out for long.

SHARONA - yay for learning a new skill! I can crochet a little. Not enough to make things, mind you, but a little. I've made crocheted thread snowflakes, starched them, and hung them in my window at Christmas. And I think I made a dishcloth once, but that's pretty much it.

JANA - nice to have a reason to fancy up! How did your lesson go? Was it nice being back in church? I bet your hair is beautiful. If you don't wear it down, how do you fix it?

JUDI - has Ken dried out yet? :lol: Why do men never listen to us? They must know we make good decisions because we married them. Some kind of switch goes off at the altar I think. Congrats on finishing your reindeer!

CHRISS - did you get your block made over the weekend?

Here's a hint that may help when our posts go *POOF!*. Hit ctrl, alt, z at the same time. It may bring your post back. Most of the time that works for me (though not yesterday). This is what my resident computer guru taught me.

Have a Marvy Monday!
mary z

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:50 am

Good morning everyone I’ve already been in the sewing room got the final border to my let’s go fishing quilt that is for a graduation gift on now I’m washing the backing because it’s a flannel and I know it will shrink up a little bit before I have to add the outside border to it to make it wide enough for the quilt

We had a great weekend we went to the creation Museum here in KY and that was just amazing I’m adding a link to 2 Quilts that were in the museum they were donated to the museum about the creation and the Bible stories they are unbelievable
https://postimg.cc/gallery/k7tZ0DN

Today it’s back to work for me spring break is over but I only have two months left eight weeks and school will be out June 16 so that’ll be here before we know it

Other than that not much going on here but mt washmore again and will be playing with the little man. Supposed to be 70 and beautiful today so we’re gonna take a vantage of some outside time

Can’t wait to see block two of our so long I have pulled out a bin of just some crazy fabrics are all scraps and that’s when I’m gonna make the whole quilt out because I’m trying to get rid of fabric most of it is like novelty prints

Hugs 🤗 prayers 🙏 happy stitching 🧵
🐐izzy

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:04 am

Good morning everyone sunny here & going to be beautiful I had my first 2 hummers yesterday so out came the feeder They were very busy after I put it up
Judi Glad Ken didn’t suffer any ills from the River Imsure you were smiling to yourself lol
Maryz You will be happy with your new windows so bite the bullet this week
They make a huge difference
Flo Hope the power got restored
Maryq Congrats to Jen & David I was hoping they would settle back close to you if they stayed together
Just enjoy the one coming Home
We really miss ours that moved but he’s only 2 hrs away
Velda Glad you are getting to be back to dancing again I think it may be different by mid Summer or Fall
I will be at my quilting frame after I walk I made a pot of spaghetti sauce yesterday for today so I could quilt
Have a lovely day to all. Becca

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:05 am

Good morning Everyone,

Today is foodshopping and a visit from Olivia she is coming with a friend of hers thats been on Easter break from college and staying with her so they will be here for lunch.

Mary Z sounds like your week is full but know the new windows will be nice.

Mary q how exciting for Jen and Eli and your wedding date sounds terrific congratulations to the happy couple.
And Just think a whole house full real soon it dosent get any better then that.

Well thats all the news here I hope everyone has a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

velvet

Post by velvet » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:37 am

good sunny morning. We are headed to Long Island tomorrow. Can't wait to see the grands and great grands Should be alot of fun. My DS and DDIL have not heard from the builder on the release of the site. Our papers are loaded with the info on the new homes, mostly the raising prices of the wood and supplies. You know that will only add hefty price increases.

We'll be back on the 22nd so I'll try to keep up from there. Have a great day.
Diane

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:45 am

Good morning!

I thought we were warming up in these parts, but Mother Nature has a different idea. Mid 20's and it's mid April! I want to be warm!

My lesson went very well. Next one will be in May, on Mother's Day. And there's an oft chance it will be taught in person, over at the Chapel. Just waiting on the Area Cburch Presidency to look at the Covid numbers here and if those numbers will allow it. It was very nice to be back in person yesterday. We were missed too, by the Ward.

So a few uglies today and I think a run over to one of my LQS's. The one I taught at, moved, and is now open again. Need to go say hello, with a welcoming gift, some green money I can spend.

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:36 am

Morning
Yesterday power was out girls about 5 hrs.
Today I am on babysitting duty, Joe will go paint kids house.
Flo

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:44 am

Which quilt shop will you be going too?
Lori 8-)

maryq

Post by maryq » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:06 am

Good Morning All

Anybody have any extra sunshine? Can't remember the last time I saw the sunshine... oh wait.. was that it for about 15 minutes yesterday?

Judi.... Grocery shopping on the agenda here too... Wait no longer.. this weeks sew along block is posted ! I'm sure noticing how dirty windows are here too... but I'm sorry, it's just not warm enough yet to wash them! Or maybe I'm just not in the mood yet!

Maryz... Given a choice between laundry and weeds... I'd have to say I'd choose laundry! But on the other hand, if it's not raining... enjoy the fresh air! You know I think I still have a piece of fabric I bought at that shop! I don't remember which one it was. Viv gave me two beautiful oriental panels too that I LOVE but am so scared to cut them up! Might just leave them whole!

Izzy... .I bet it's almost time to open up your pool! Something fun to look forward to as I imagine lil William loves spending time in the pool and DD too! Oh my gosh, those quilts are amazing!!! Works of art!

Becca.... I too was hoping I could get EVERYBODY back here... and I think they will all be in Minnesota eventually. Kaya, my 18 yo granddaughter will graduated from high school in 2022 so things could change then. Don't tell me you make your spaghetti from scratch??? You've heard you can just open a jar right.... it's so much easier!

Lois... Yes... I think I'm about to be invaded.... back to having teenagers in the house AAAARRRGGGHHH I keep reminding myself it's only temporary, but they will be back in the USA and that's the best part!

Diane.... OH gosh, I forgot you were going to LI!! Have great trip!!!

Jana... I bet your LQS would love to see! Especially if you come with a "gift" (especially a "green" one)

Flo.... I think I'd rather baby sit than paint. :lol:

Didn't sleep hardly a wink last night.... another lesson learned... don't drink Ice Tea after 6pm! But I'm up and will shower up and head out for my Target run.. maybe sneak in a little nap. David got back from AK yesterday morning so he came over and we chatted quite a bit.. He's a little overwhelmed with things he needs/wants to do to get moved up there.. So I gave him a spiral notebook to write down his "to-do's" sometimes it just helps to have it down on paper. In a couple weeks I'm going to go over to his house to help him pack up some stuff and get it ready to sell. He's hoping it will go fast and he can move by June!

Off I go.... Wishing you all a most marvelous Monday!

Return to “Sew ins”