Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday April 11,2021

Daily discussions.
FlorenceM

Re: Sunday April 11,2021

Post by FlorenceM » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:49 am

Change in plans....power went out just after I posted. Joe us getting all power equipment running, I am weeding....power may be put all day.
Flo

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:51 am

Good morning All

Not much going on here. More rain and chiller weather. Got my Uglies done so went to work on next block. Cut it out last night and am about half way there in sewing. Its an easy block but I hardly ever make it. LOL
Judi You are better behaved than me. I would have taken picture . But feel sorry for him . Its not good to be chilly and wet.
Diane I have had my whole conversation go poof Still do not know which button I am hitting.
Sharona I learned years ago to crochet but never do it. We made granny sq. purses and I made 2 Afghans. That ended my crocheting.
Becca wonderful news about the twins. My twin grandsons turned 17.
Maryz I need a few new windows too. A lot got replaced when we built on. And like an idiot I did not have the others replaced.
Chriss I quit wearing that kind of jeans. I only wear Belle by Kim Gravel on QVC. Love her jeans
Well my breaks over need to get a cup of coffee and go back to sewing.
O they put me on an antibiotic for tick bites.
You all have a great sewing day
Katy

maryq

Post by maryq » Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:33 am

Good Morning All

Even tho I'm a little late.. I have been up for a little while..just kind of puttsing around... having a little coffee and trying to make a plan for the day.. I promised myself I would start the cleaning process today, but you know how easily I get distracted... So I'm keeping myself UPSTAIRS so that I don't hear the sewing machine downstairs calling me.

First of all... I do have some more fun news to share... My DD Jen... is now engaged! OMG... and if you think "man that was fast" You are so right!!! I think the same thing... but you know how we mothers sometimes have to bite our tongues! BUT, she is happy... David (fiance) is happy and they don't plan on getting married until 2022. I told her 2-22-22 would be a fun date! :lol: :lol: David just got home from AK early this morning, so I haven't talked to him yet. He had a job interview there yesterday that went really well. So he could have a new job up there by June... I'm sure his thoughts are racing about everything he has to do here. He lives only about 2 miles from me. I just pray God watch over them.... and keep my mouth shut. I don't want to be one of THOSE Mother-in-laws!!!

Lois... Did you find some pretty fabric to "spark joy" and get you in the mood again.? Did you decide on a project to work on? Have you seen the Oriental girls at Fat Cat Designs? Silly me... I bought that pattern a couple weeks ago... so now I have to keep my eyes open for some pretty oriental fabric.

Becca... Wonderful news that the kids are doing so well. You'll have to let us know when surgery is scheduled so we can say special prayers that day. Thank you for the prayers for my sis... I feel so bad for her, as I have been in her same position at my old job... called into the office and told you're not doing good enough. It hurts!

Velda... Hope you get to put on your dancing shoes soon! What fun to be able to be with folks and catch up! I get to see my "down the street friend" for coffee on Tuesday... We haven't see each other since last summer when we could sit outside!

Flo... Sounds like the house is coming along... Will the kids be able to move in soon?

Judi... No, men do not ever listen to us... :lol: :lol: SO glad Ken is okay though... only a little wet!
Isn't it great to see leaves pop! Won't be long and I won't be able to see my neighbors house!

Chriss... That darn rooster! If I could just get to sleep at night, I'd probably at least HEAR the rooster in the morning. But I've been know to sleep thru fire engine sirens... so that probably wouldn't even work.

Maryz... Oh yes... so fun when you hit the wrong button... Sometimes I can tell when my internet is acting up as I type... so I highlight and click "copy" so just in case it goes out, I can at least have what I have typed so far. My internet sometimes sucks here... so frustrating! Being kind of back in the woods, you probably don't need real drapes do you. All I have is valances too... mostly because I can make those myself :lol: :lol:

Jana... Is the chorister the person leads the choir? see what I know about music! :lol:

Sharon... Are you just learning how to crochet or have you done it all along? My BFF wants to learn how to crochet.. maybe we will do that while she is here.... I know I have a GOB of crochet hooks around here. My DS wants me to knit him covers for his golf clubs... he says they are "back in style" and I could probably make and sell them... in my spare time right!

Katy.... I'm ready for next week sew along!!! Are you? :lol: :lol:

Ok, it's now almost noon.. I've had 3 cups of coffee and still not motivated! Guess I better go get more!

Wishing you all a special sunday

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:03 pm

Chriss, glad you were able to find some jeans. I need to buy some bras. I bought a few online, but on didn't fit very well. I also need some new shirts as mine are getting pretty warn out. Maybe I'll get the the store this week. I really don't like shopping unless it's for fabric. How was the quilt group meeting yesterday?

Jana, I bet it will be nice to finally get to go in person again.

Maryq, wow! congratulations Jen and David. Can't they move back where you are? That would be so much better for you.

Maryz, I've had a few of those incidents. Usually when I have a really long thread to post.

Judi, not you too! Oh bummer for Ken. Maybe he'll listen to you next time, but "yes" we know how men are.

Well I got my taxes done. Some day I'll do them early and won't have to worry that the 15th is coming up soon. I want to finish up a few quilts this week. I have a sew day with friends on Thursday and would like to start on something new.

Have a lovely evening. Sleep well.

Lori 8-)

Return to “Sew ins”