Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday April 11,2021

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Sunday April 11,2021

Post by fabricgirl » Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:46 am

Good Morning,

Today will be a great day to sew we are expecting rain today Monday and Tuesday so thats what I will be doing.
Yesterday went to hobby lobby and was able to get some fabric and out just in time before my mask got to hot.

Chris so glad you found jeans that was to funny how a couple of us wear the same brand of Jeans I only hope they don't stop making that brand.

Well thats all the news from here I hope you all have a great day prayers go out to all in need.

Lois

Becca

Re: Sunday April 11,2021

Post by Becca » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:48 am

Good morning sunshine was out now it’s cloudy We had rain yesterday
Lois Glad you are back to sewing Glad you found fabric
Chris Yippee new jeans
Our twins are doing good Hadlee has her heart surgery to remove cyst mid May
Brodee is doing good They both have lots of check ups
Val Glad the new caregiver is working out for you
Sherry Glad you got the yard mowed
Maryq Prayers for your Sister & for a change of Heart on the part of the people there at Church
Lori My pattern on quilt is baby animals Aunt Martha’s It’s a vintage pattern but still available
I must run It’s Church day We watch our DGSs Church where he is Pastor & I watch mine here too
Have a blessed day everyone. Becca

velvet

Post by velvet » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:03 am

WHY DOES POST DIAPPEAR WHEN I HAVE A LOT TO TELL YOU----IT JUST WENT POOF!!!!

I'll try again later. GRRRR!!!!!!
Diane

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:13 am

Good Morning 🌞 it's rainy here, sunny in my heart. We were invited to go with friends to a music program. A country western band put on a concert. Some folks were able to dance, but not us. It is a very small dance area. We attended just to enjoy the music 🎶 and being out with our friends. It had been since Oct of 2019 since we were together with them. OMG!
We were gone to Texas Niv 2019, then COVID-19 lock down happened last Spring. Now a year after that, we finally feel safe to be with our friends.
What a wonderful feeling! Monday night, we are planning to attend our first dance. This is a small community, so we should be ok. Most people in our age group have our vaccine.
Church will be soon, so I need to finish my coffee and get breakfast.
Enjoy your day.
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:32 am

Morning
Chriss, I buy 28 in length jeans and have to hem them...
Yesterday, no work on kids house, took day off, no weeding it was raining.
Today I will help with paint at house. Then home to make enchiladas for supper.
Flo

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:42 am

Good Morning...Twice this morning the mystery poof button....It is 54 this morning and a high of 57,,,our warn weather is gone again,,,,I worked in the yard yesterday and got one side of the house ready for mulch...swept the front porch and put the cishions out to sit...by the time all that was done it started to rain...Rained much of the evening and night,,,just a steady rain. Red buds are starting to bloom and the trees are leafing out...pretty soon I wont be able to see the river from my house''''I walked the yard and picked up trash wind blown from the winter...ending up down by th river to watch Ken try to cut down a large dead tree...well that tree has been around awhile and it doesnt want to budge....I warned him that he should be careful as the tree is right by the rivers edge...(Do men ever listen to us???) You know the answer,,,,well yep he fell in the river,,,slid right in and landed on his butt up to his armpits...he was fine but I wanted to take a picture so bad. He begged me not to...It was cold but more muddy than anything, well that ended the tree felling for the day.. After he showered and changed we went and got supper at our local diner...
Well I think I will get coffee and maybe some ibuprofin...hope you all have a great sunday....I might get to sew today,,,the quilt has 8 more reindeer to applique,,,then It will be ready to quilt...I am excitied to get er done...XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:17 am

Good morning, the rooster is crowing and I am up.

We had the windows open most of the day yesterday, it was pretty chilly when we closed up the house. We also often forget to turn the heater on when we close up the house, it was 64 in here when I woke up. It will be warm soon.

After church my goal is to sew I'd like to get that sew along block done and play in my room a bit.

Lois, funny, you will get rain and I will see 80* It was funny how a lot of us wore the same jeans. I was thrilled when I could just go buy my size and it fit. There aren't a lot of jean choices. So many brands are faded or ripped. ugh. Nice to go into HL and find what you are looking for, what is your next project?

Becca, enjoy church. thanks for the twin update. You must have already heart that rooster, you were here before I was.

Velda, On April 11 2019 I started working from home, and still am. And I pray that part doesn't change. Hope the concert proves to be lots of fun. We had our quilt group meeting yesterday, about 15 showed up and most didn't wear masks because we are all older and have also had our vaccines. I get my second shot tomorrow.

Flo, it's so hard to find the correct length in jeans. happy painting, you all must be like thirsty horses smelling water, running towards the end of this project.

Judi, funny not funny, LOL. I bet a warm shower felt good after he fell into that creek. Nice of him to bribe you with dinner so you wouldn't take a picture.

Nothing else going on here, you all have a pleasant Sunday,
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:33 am

Good morning,

Well, I had my whole thing typed. I go back and forth between two tabs, reading and typing. But when I was just ready to go back and hit "SUBMIT" I accidentally deleted everything! Grrr on me!! So everyone enjoy their day, whether you are sewing, falling trees, dancing, cooking, praying, walking, napping.

Yesterday I got my Tablerunner mostly together. Only the pieced border is left to do. Then we are going to rearrange our whole house so the window guys can get in and work on Tuesday. They have to have at least a 2-ft free space in front of all the windows in the house. Bill is going to be gone all day on Monday helping a friend deliver a fifth-wheel the friend sold, so we have to do this prep work today. My sewing room will be the hardest to do. While Bill is gone tomorrow, I get to stay home and do laundry and wash/iron all the valances in the house. We don't have any real curtains but we have a LOT of valances and a few lace panels. It's going to be an interesting week.

Have a fun day!
mary z

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:19 am

Good morning!

With all the "poofs" today, I hope I don't get that wrong button too!

It is our first Sunday back to in person Church. We will be sitting away from most, up on the stand, as I am the chorister today. Hopefully we will have a new chorister called today. I really don't mind doing this. My lesson is ready as well. Sarah did a fantastic job, in a few short minutes, adding the pictures to my slides for the presentation.

So after that is all over, I will sew. Most of that tote is done, just need to remake the tab closure as I am not happy with it.

Time to get dressed. It has been 13 months since we have been able to go in person to church. That's a long time! What a great blessing to have those who worked hard and created a vaccine to help us once again, live and do.

Hugs,
Jana

womster

Post by womster » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:29 am

Good morning!

Lois – enjoy your sew day.

Becca – that’s great news about the twins. Have a lovely Sabbath.

Diane – that is frustrating.

Vel – it seems like things are starting to return to ‘normal’ – glad you got to go out and dance with friends.

Flo – enchiladas – YUM.

Judi – oh poor Ken! That did not sound fun. You were very kind to him not to take a picture.

Chriss – have a great time at church. My crochet club is a mix of old and young, and of course no one wore a mask but me. And that’s ok. I get my second shot Thursday and cannot wait to have it over and done with.

Maryz – hope the prep work for your windows isn’t too hard. At the old house, we had blinds in all the windows. We had to replace every single one of them, as the new windows weren’t the same size. But the new windows were worth it. I had forgotten that the kitchen window had to be supported by 2x4s as it was literally falling out of the house! Sorry your post poofed.

Jana – have a great time at in-person church.

I think I finally learned a wee bit of crochet yesterday. Today my to-do list is a mile long so I best get busy. Have a glorious day! xoxo Sharona

Return to “Sew ins”