Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday April 10 th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Saturday April 10 th

Post by grammiequilts » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:05 am

Good morning the sun is shining here and 48 we will go to the 70s again...rain has been predicted for the last 2 days and we only got a sprinkle during the night....Someone i trying to tell me to get out in the yard and cleanup///But this quilt aint gonna make itself...So I will work on it again today after a run up mount washmore. Ken will get the lawnmower out and sharpen the blades today,,,Not quite ready to cut but will be if this weather keeps up.
DD kitchen has one more thing to do install the hood for the stove and then Ken will be done.She cooked a whole meal with out counter tops so my catering days are done...After we clean up the yard and get it presentable the basement work will continue...
Coffee and making the bed are next here...Hope your weekend turns out to be awesome. XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO
PS Chriss I buy GLoria Vanderbuilt jeans...they have a brand called Amanda they sit at your natural waist and have a slight stretch and are not skinny or "holey" . they do come in tall and a variety of colors.. they wear very well...I would buy a pair and try them you can always return them it you do not like them...my grand daughter calls them "Old Lady jeans" and that works for me.

QuiltGram8

Re: Saturday April 10 th

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:18 am

Good morning.
As I read about Gloria Vanderbilt jeans, I have to say, I found some at our local thrift shop that were almost brand new. They have been the best jeans I have ever had! They fit! They are comfortable! A tiny bit of stretch. By far my favorite. I think over the last three years, I have found several. Must have been from the same donor.πŸ˜‰. I have never tried to research ordering on line. Guess I should do that so I could order a brand new pair.
We have a rainy day ahead. I can do some reading and browsing old magazines. Might even find an inspiration. 😊
Have a great weekend!
Vel
HUGS, πŸ’• Vel

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:21 am

Good morning Judi and all who follow,

Judi those are the same jeans that I always buy kohls carries them.

Today nothing is planned so I might take a ride to hobby lobby to recharge my quilting I've been in a funk again my wish is to be back to normal whatever that will be without wearing a 😷.

Well thats all the news here prayers go out to all

Lois

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:29 am

Lois, good to hear that Kohl's carries GV jeans. We have a Kohl's in one of the larger towns here. I will be checking that out.
Thanks for the info. I am not a fan of ordering clothing on line.
Vel
HUGS, πŸ’• Vel

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:44 am

Velda neither am i.

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:21 am

Good morning,

Our Costco sells GV's Amanda jeans. All the sizes, all the colors. Long and capri lengths. But when they're in, you need to grab them because it might be another year before they show up again. But they've always returned. Usually in the spring and summer.

JUDI - Our yard needs some work, too, and I haven't been in a yard-working mood. But next week will be nice, 60's and 70's, so I've promised myself I will get out there. Bill mowed the grass once (uses the tractor with a mower behind for most of it). It needs it again, but . . . . When our windows go in next Tuesday we and the fur-babies have to remain out of the way, so I plan to shut Foxy up in the trailer and we'll work outside that day. It's going to be nice.

LOIS - hope you find something to lift you out of your funk. I'm not ready yet to go into stores "just to look". I only go in if I need something, grab it quickly, and get back out. It's looking like our county will be going back to Phase 2 with social gatherings limited to 5 (if unvaccinated) and restaurants, etc. to 25% capacity.

SHERRY - goodness, isn't that dog rested up yet? There's squirrels that need chasing! ;) :lol:

VELDA - rainy day - sounds like a good day to read, bead, sew, repeat.

LORI - at 4' 11-1/2", I also have to shorten petite clothes. Somehow I thought you were more like 5'5". Sometimes I stand on a stool and just look around to survey the world from normal people's height. What a difference!! In my next life I'm coming back 5' 9" or I'm simply not coming back!

CHRISS - if you want to try GV jeans check out Costco. If you don't have a Costco card, they do give (or at least they used to) 1-day passes so you can check out the store. Or get a friend to take you. And you can order from them on-line, too. But I've found GV's Amanda jeans in thrift stores, too.

MARY Q - -I know you'll be by sooner or later. Have you dug up any more UFO's? How are you coming on those rooms? I would be SOOO excited if it were one of my girls coming home!!

I finished my double sized UGRR swap quilt yesterday and posted a photo in the UFO thread. Today I'm going to work on my Halloween tablerunner. If I make many more Halloween tablerunners, I'm going to have to get more tables! lol! Putting split pea soup into the crockpot and will make biscuits and a salad later for friends who are coming tonite for a casual supper. And I think we'll start clearing the way in some rooms for the window folks just to get head start on tomorrow's fun.

Have a great weekend!

mary z

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:53 am

Morning
They are making petite clothes longer. Petite used to fit me perfectly, but now I have to hem them.
Yesterday I worked my blackberry vines. Today if not too muddy, will weed forsythia bushes and clip to root more.
Should start flooring in kids house this weekend.
Flo

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:20 am

Good marvelous morning, It's going to start getting warmer here, we should be in the mid to high 80's soon.

Today our quilt group meets. I do like this group, just wish they met earlier in the day. the meeting starts at 1pm which really cuts into a day

I will likely go into Joanns which opens at 9, get some wide backing and mosey on over to Ross where I never find anything and see what they have in the way of jeans.

Lori, I will check out the Eddie Bauer website. My sister likes their clothes. I just don't picture you as vertically challenged. I so wish my legs were an inch or two shorter. I need about a 34 and most jeans seem to be a 32.

Judi, I had forgotten about GV jeans, I used to wear the Amanda until I got too big for them. I think I will get a pair and see how they work. I used to have a pair of GV jeans called Gabby, or maybe Gaby? they were perfect but are no longer available.

Valerie, I do think I will try the Good Will in town. I wish our Good will put jeans by size but that would probably be a lot of trouble. I think that maybe a thrift store in a better town would be better shopping. Maybe I will come there some day and we could go together.

Lois, I hope you enjoy your Hobby Lobby trip and find the perfect fabric for your next project.

Velda, I don't care for ordering clothes online either, but here we can't try anything on in the stores so it's kind of the same. I do think I will also be checking out kohls GV jeans, I'll pick you up and we can go together.

Maryz, I saw your double UGRR in the swap section, really pretty. looking forward to seeing the Scardy cat runner. I was at Costco and saw GV jeans, but I had a husband with me and, well you understand. Perhaps today would be a better day to look. When I shop I like to be left alone to shop. I have one friend who I am willing to shop with. we enter the store, she goes her way I go mine and when one of us is done we go find the other person. No pressure.

Flo, ooohhhh flooring, that means you are getting very close. so glad things are moving along, you've been a very patient person.

Ok,you all have talked me into it. I will go into town, get my wide backing, check out Ross, Penneys and Kohls, and if I have time Costco. Run my car though the car wash then up to my meeting. Any shopping I can't get done today will get done after church tomorrow.

You all have a fantastic day.
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:45 am

Good morning!

Chriss - good hunting! Hope you find just the right pair of jeans- you have definitely earned them! I too need tall lengths.

Today I will be putting the finishing touches on my lesson for tomorrow. If that goes well, later I can sew. I want to finish that darn tote! I keep getting distracted. We had to run down to Costco for a new battery for my Highlander yesterday. Today we will install it. It is quite a complicated procedure because of all the electronics on my car. I am the lovely assistant.

Not much else here. Beautiful day, warming up. Aaron is doing what he normally does, ending up as first on the scene of a terrible accident and helping save another life. Seems to be a everyday occurrence.

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

maryq

Post by maryq » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:32 am

Good Morning

Hey Look... I'm HERE! Missed y'all yesterday but once I crawled out of bed (at 11:30) I thought I better get straight to work. Took a Tylenol PM too late in the night and... well.. guess that wasn't a good idea after all!

Judi... Oh gosh.. if you have some extra sunshine... send it over here. We're in a yucky weather pattern of clouds and dreary skies. I'm noticing my yard needs a little clean up too... a lot of left over leaves from last fall. Won't be long now and I'll have a teenager around to help! I usually get my jeans at WM.. the pull up kind with no zipper... very OLD lady jeans!

Velda... I've been kind of itching to go to Goodwill or a thrift store to look for some new shirts for me... when I pay only a few bucks for a shirt I don't feel so bad when I get them messed up. I'm a dirt magnet when I walk in my kitchen.. soon as I try to cook... I mess up my clothes!

Lois... Oh Gosh... I SO agree... Can't wait until we can go out without a mask... I have a sneaky feeling it's going to be a while. Maybe a trip to Hobby Lobby is just what you need to kick in your quilting mo-jo!

Maryz... YEAH new windows! Oh how I would love all new windows... do they make "self cleaning" like the oven? ALWAYS UFO"S around here.. I'm trying to finish up one little top I started before BFF gets here, so I can at least have my sewing room looking some what clean. But oh wait, there's that other one I have an idea for.. and remember that "cherry quilt" I did a couple years ago... I want to make another one like that.... so I traced all the pieces for that... SOMEBODY STOP ME!

Chriss... don't you hate that when they discontinue a favorite! There's an outlet mall 2 miles from my house and I could get my favorite bra there... then they discontinued them... UGH... In my next life I'm going to be flat so I don't have to worry about it! :lol: :lol: Now that you mention it, I used to get GV jeans all the time...

I'd have been here sooner, but my sister called and we talked for a long time.... poor kid (ok she's 62) got called into the office where she works and told she isn't doing a good enough job.. She works at a Church and they were just mean to her... Told her if she didn't improve in 2 weeks they'd have to "make a change" SO if you have a spare prayer... send one up for Annie!

Time for more coffee and then a shower!

Wishing you all a most Wonderful Saturday

Return to β€œSew ins”