Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday, April 8

Daily discussions.
purrfect-lady

Thursday, April 8

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:00 am

Good morning,

Kind of sleepless here so I'm up with some sleepytime tea, a book, my fur-boys, and you. Yesterday was a full day - I got binding on my "Let's Get Together" quilt, made my sew-along block and admired everyone else's, and then DH and I went back to Tacoma. I had a bracelet repaired and it was ready to be picked up. Wish they'd called a day earlier so I could have gotten it when I picked up my Bernie. They were only 1/2 mile apart. Today I'm finally going to start quilting my UGRR - 86x100 inches - from Mary Q's swap last year. I did two sets and put them together. That should probably take up most of my day. I'm looking forward to next week - a whole week of warm, sunny weather. I have plans to be working out in the yard all week long!

Now - maybe I can read myself back to sleep for another hour.

mary z

Becca

Re: Thursday, April 8

Post by Becca » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:34 am

Good morning everyone sunny here I have to go to get shots & then errands and a few groceries Then tomorrow back to DDS for cleaning Canceled last appt due to covid
Maryz Sorry you couldn’t sleep Too much on your mind I guess
Maryq I liked what you was going to put by your machine Know you are getting everything ready for your family to move in When I read it I thought it was DD that was coming back I hope she does too
I talked to Kathy on Monday She is doing good Nurse had just left
I must run & get ready Have a wonderful day to all & prayers for all in need
Becca

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:46 am

Good Morning,,it is sunny and warm we slept with the window opened...first time this year. But it will get cold again just not freezing. I too need to get out in the yard and clean but first I need new gardening gloves...seems the mice liked my drawer in the barn and used 3 pair of gloved for their winter bed chewing them up for nesting material...they werent good gloves or new but Now I have none...I did evict them from my drawrer. I have an old baby changing table out there to keep my tools and stuff. the squirrels also decided to use the small barn for their winter nut storage. so some sprin cleaning will need to be done in there also. they store black walnuts in there by the hundreds and drop the shells on the floor...we have well fed squirrels who dont clean up after themselves...just like kids.
I think I will run up to Joanns today and get a batting and a new seam ripper...I have 3 dull ones and need to throw them away. I havent been to Joanns in months
I need coffee first. I will start to assemble the top today, after all my complaining I finally gort this pattern mastered...phew what a ride, XXX XXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:51 am

Morning
Almost done cleaning up those 12 trees we dropped...about 7 more to drop.
I have been crocheting dish scrubbies lately. Nice to know I remember how to crochet.
Flo

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:13 am

Good morning, it's going to be a wonderful day today.

I was up by 3:30, got my history of the old testament class done. I'd really like to get it done so I can do it over. I'm learning a lot. I figure if I take it a second time I will drive it into my head and know it well. I have until January to complete it, then I do the history of the new testament.

After work I take some paperwork to the hospital here. Our hospital was built in 1954 with grant money. My grandma was the first welfare director in our county and she found a grant that would build a hospital. someone donated the land and poof, I was born there. I found the folder grandma kept with her notes and any info about the hospital being built. Our hospital is now outdated and doesn't meet Cali standards and needs to be rebuilt. I am giving the hospital this folder and they have requested information about my grandma and a picture of her as well. I will run it up to the hospital after work. They are putting a one percent sales tax increase on the ballot to help rebuild the hospital. I sure hope it passes.

Maryq, I think for now I will pass on the elastic. I have some and have decided before I spend money I am going to wait till I actually run low on what I have. thank you. I can't wait for May either. Not only will your kids be there, my workplace is supposed to make an announcement regarding the work at home situation. I pray I get to stay home.

Sharona, sorry about the church outbreak. I don't understand why some people just don't get it.

Flo, why so many trees, are they dead?

Hope you all have a fun day,
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:22 am

Good Morning everyone. Having rainy day today. Good day to rest. We have been so busy. Got all new mulch laid yesterday. Got a new bird feeder. Didn't take long for birds to find it and pass the word around. LOL.
Sorry for the messy mice, Judi. It's so annoying!
Flo, holy cow, that's a lot of heavy labor!!! Cutting and stacking wood is a huge job.
I love those crocheted scrunchies! I have a brand new one tucked away for reserve. I don't crochet anymore. Loved doing it, but hurt my wrists by over doing it. When we became full time RVers, I gave that up.
Maryz, hope you were able to catch a few more zzz's.
Becca, thanks for update on Kathy.
Chriss, what an interesting story about your hospital.
Nothing much going on here.
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:57 am

Good Morning Ladies

Not much going on here . Too wet and chilly to garden. I need to get some cleaning done and go to mt washmore . Then into sewing room. I found a cute dog pattern for the lotto. Hopefully I will not mess my back up again. The extra work in garden is actually helping my back I think. Not in as much pain. I guess my exercise routine I used to do may be in my future.

Vel Do you have hummingbird feeders out yet. My combines are growing and sending up flower buds. I was told when they bloom the female birds will be in. The males come in earlier.
Flo I love those scrunchies. A lady at church crochets them
Judi Those darn mice get into everything. A couple years ago they decided to spend winter in my x pickup truck. They chewed the wiring and ended up costing him 2 or 3 hundred dollars. My cats seem to take care of them in the house if they come in.

Maryz Sorry you could not sleep. I really like your sew along block. I almost went that direction. Basically I love thirties. But the fabric I am using was supposed to go in a jacket LOl
Well I need more coffee and walk Boo
You all have a great sewing day

Katy

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:21 am

Good morning!

Mr Sun and I woke up at the same time today. It looks to be a beautiful day here. I even had a window open, most of the night.

Another school day here with Ethan. We are ahead of schedule, he has been working hard. I did get my Gnomes quilted and the binding sewn on. I am getting quite a stack of things needing the hand work finished.

Made the trip to Costco and Winco yesterday afternoon. Costco , I needed milk, and nothing extra jumped in the basket. Really behaved myself!

Not much planned here today, just school and finding a something to sew in the Batt Cave.

Hugs,
Jana

msdeets

Post by msdeets » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:50 am

Dear Lois I would like to wish you the Happiest Birthday. Have an awesome day and celebrate like a rock star

Dolores

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:21 am

Happy Birthday Lois!!!
Katy: I would have my hummingbird bird feeders out, but we have to be away for 5 days. Nobody to have keep them clean and fresh while away. So I will put them up on April 21 when we get back home.
Hoping for a better season this year.
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Return to “Sew ins”