Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday, April 8

Daily discussions.
maryq

Re: Thursday, April 8

Post by maryq » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:36 am

Good Morning Every One

HEY LOIS... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Hope you have an awesome fun happy day!

Maryz... When the time posts here.. I think it's Greenwich meantime... or something like that... but I'm guessing you were up literally in the MIDDLE of the night.. unable to sleep. Would you like me to call and sing you a lullaby ... oh wait... that would only make it worse... you'd have nightmares after that.
Maybe a little nap this afternoon... If you don't want one, I'll take one for you, because I'm just that kind of friend. :lol: :lol:

Becca... Oh how I wish my DD and Eli would be able to move back... but at least I can GO to Alaska to visit ... couldn't even go to Canada. Haven't been able to hug those guys for 2 years! After this weekend I'll know for sure what day in June we are going to go pick them up. Can you tell I'm excited!

Judi.... Don't you just love finding little "left behinds" from mice in the garage/barn! The last few days here I've had windows open even over night and loved the fresh air.. until I woke up this morning and it was 64 in the house... had to click the furnace back on. Good thing I did laundry so I have clean sweat pants. when you get to Joann.. check out a wall they might have there of notions in bulk... I kind of got a chuckle out of it... You could buy a bag of about 30 seam rippers... might be the way to go! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Flo.... I have some of the scrubbies... they are too pretty to use!! :lol:

Chriss... You were awake at 3AM!!! You could have called Maryz and kept her company! How interesting to find all those old papers about the hospital. Wouldn't it be cool if the new hospital put them all in special case or something to honor your Grandmother! Oh Gosh... wouldn't that be great if you could still work from home... or at least just have to go to the office one or two days a week.

Velda... For years I've wanted to have a bird feeder here, especially for cardinals because I see them around all the time, but I have so many squirrels and mice... that they see the bird feeder and get all their friends to join them for supper at my house. One year I had some dumb crows that saw themselves in my patio door and kept ramming it.

Katy.... Since you have so my cleaning energy... come on up.. I've been waiting until just before BFF some to clean...but I might have to do some preliminary cleaning as it's getting really messy. I made new placemats for my dining room and you can't see them for the stuff on the table.

Jana.... How do you manage to go into Costco and OUT without stuff jumping in your cart??? I don't have a Costco or Sam's card... which is probably a good thing... But my down-the-street friend is going to take me with her next time she goes. They have this totally awesome delicious chocolate cake there I want to get.

My internet is coming and going this morning... so I better send this quick before I lose my whole post!!

If you need me... I'll be running around the house trying to clean up... or maybe I'll be sewing... who knows!

Have a wonderful day everyone

womster

Post by womster » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:59 am

Good morning!

Happy birthday, Lois!!!

Maryz – I hope you were able to get back to sleep. It is too bad you couldn’t combine errands – sometimes that’s how the ball bounces.

Becca – thanks so much for the Kathy update. Good luck with your shots and errands.

Judi – stinking mice. My grandmother used black walnuts in her Christmas candies – I can remember how black our hands got when helping her shell them. Too bad you can’t teach the squirrels to clean up like we did our kids. I’m glad you got the quilt top mastered.

Flo – I wish you could teach me how to crochet. Tree maintenance never seems to end – just like housework.

Chriss – you are chugging right along on your Bible history – good for you. Your grandma must have been a go-getter. Is this the same grandma whose house is by yours? I will be praying you get to stay home also.

Vel – I’m glad you have a day to rest.

Katy – I hope your back improves. Back pain is no fun at all. Mice and rabbits got into the new DIA airport when they first built it. Chewed up lots and LOTS of electrical wires. They did not have fun with that. Our hummers (the males, anyway) show up about the middle of April. Our local NextDoor will send out the word once they are seen.

Jana – have a great time in the Batt cave.

Dolores – long time no see!

Our sprinkler guy is here replacing the manifold or something like that. It’s at least a four hour job. I made the spice cake yesterday – was quite yummy. Today I’m headed out to sew something, and then I need to practice for my mamocram tomorrow. HA!!! Have a glorious day. xoxo Sharona

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:45 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOIS

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:17 am

Happy Happy Birthday Lois Hope it’s a very special one. Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:58 am

Happy Birthday Lois - enjoy that special piece of cake!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:14 pm

I am back After a really early morning. No naps here. I am not a napper unless I’m sick. And I feel too good be sick! Thank the Lord!

Lois, happy birthday! Thinking about your birthday all week because for some reason, I always remember your birthday. And it is also my oldest brothers wedding anniversary -his 60th this year. But I was so groggy this morning when I posted I forgot to give you my very best birthday wishes. Hope you have had a fab day

I quilted my UGRR today and have binding sewn on the back. I’ll stitch it down on the front tomorrow morning. I also spent an hour or so working on my scaredy cat Halloween table-runner. It’s a really fun project. The method of sewing this together as much like Elizabeth Hartman’s patterns though it is not hers.

Sewing here will come to a halt this weekend as we start to move everything in our house away from all the windows for window installation on Tuesday. Then Wednesday we will have to move everything back. Can’t wait for that.

That’s all I have for tonight. I will be back here tomorrow morning to chat with you all.

Mary z

Return to “Sew ins”