Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday, April 6

Daily discussions.
QuiltGram8

Tuesday, April 6

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:06 am

Good Morning, 5:00am here. Getting ready to go early shopping at Walmart senior day. Boy! Do I ever need groceries! My cupboards are almost bare. LOL. My frig, IS bare... Only a package of ham in there.
So big stock up day. Bet I come home and find I forgot something anyway. LOL
More later. Have a happy day. 🥰
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

fabricgirl

Re: Tuesday, April 6

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:40 am

Good morning Velda and all who follow,

Today is mt. Washmore but not as much just a few sm loads I just want to wipe that out before tomorrow when we get our second shot.
I got a american patchwork quilting magazine its only suppose to be displayed till 4/9 21 so there is probably another 1 coming in the mail I renewed my subscription because they had a special they had some nice things in this 1.

So today will be another relaxing day for me I can't start the windows yet .

Velda good luck with the foodshopping .

Well thats all the news for today everyone enjoy your day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:48 am

Good morning,I am dressed and bed is made. I too am off to the grocery store. I dont need much just a few things and a stop to get mailers.. A camping friend is making masks and I will send her some elastic...funny Ken gets boxes of masks at work, brings them home they are washable and really are nice. so I dont need all this elastic...If anyone needs more please let me know I have about 200 yards left.
I did get nost of the upstair spring cleaned and have a pile for the salvation army and a pile for my sisters garage sale...She doesnt do clothing oonly household goods and she donates all the procedes to Relay for Life. lat year even with Covid they made $1100. Everything is laid out at her step daughters house on the front lawn and is donations only..
We didnt get to DDs last night as planned she had to take Sophia to hockey practice and Jeff had to work late..so maybe tonight,
I am making progress on the "so this is Christmas" quilt. The ruler that was given to me is called the V-Trimmer it works very well and makes all the blocks equal and perfect..It did take me a while to figur it out..I watched the video several times but I should get all the star blocks and the sew along block done in the next couple of days,
Coffee now...hope you all have a great day XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

velvet

Post by velvet » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:45 am

Good sunny morning from Myrtle beach.
Seems like a few of us are heading to the food stores this morning. We are going to Costco with a list LOL never make it out from just my list. I know the sneaky elves are adding to my cart when my back is turned.

Hopefully my son will hear from the builder about the release date on the lot within a few weeks. The developments are going up so fast-it is crazy here. Old farms are being plowed under for them.

Doing odds and ends after shopping so have a routine day ahead of me.
Keep safe
Diane

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:59 am

Good morning,

JUDI - doesn't it feel good to know everything is cleaned and purged? My DD#1 always had an annual garage sale for Relay for Life, too. We often donated items to it. And brought items home from it! :lol:

LOIS - smart to have the chores caught up before your shot.

VELDA - Are you all settled down now?

DIANE - Beware of Costco! We had milk, Cheerios, eggs, and butter on our list and came out with a set of patio furniture! and forgot the Cheerios! It's all part of their evil plan! lol!

SHARONA - if you bake your meat thermometer, the top plastic housing will melt into a blob. It was only for about 10-15 minutes so the battery in it stayed intact. We checked. Looks like Bill is going to be getting a new thermometer for Father's Day! lol!

Yesterday I got my "Let's Get Together" quilt quilted - the top I finished about 6 weeks ago where I made about eleventy-hundred paper-pieced flying geese. Today I plan to quilt my scrappy top . I also cut out a little Halloween table runner called "Scaredy Cat". I rec'd this pattern from my SS and I love it! It will fit purrfectly on my dining room buffet. I'm not a big Halloween person, but I love Halloween fabrics and sewing. Go figure. I guess I should also make a Sew-along block if I want to play. I didn't notice it was up and running until last night. Where was the contest question posted? I missed that somehow.

We noticed the power company at Vicki's yesterday afternoon. They'd come to inspect her meter as all the old meters are being replaced with new ones and hers was flagged as needing further inspection. She refused to open the door to the workmen but they talked to us. They were aware she has mental "issues" so they weren't surprised. When they opened the meter they guy exclaimed, "Oh my" (or words to that effect, anyway). EVen from 20 feet away we could see the scorch. They said it has been severely overloaded. Space heaters set on HI in every room 24/7 through several winters will do that. They said the electrical situation at Vicki's house is dangerous and if she doesn't authorize replacement of the meter and the wires that connect it to the drop from the nearby pole the house could be condemned. This may be family's ticket to getting her out of that house. Bill sent the info to all her kids. Our house is about 75 feet from hers. It's a concern. . . We'll see what happens - and in the meantime we'll add an extra length to our garden hose - just in case.

Wishing full bobbins!
Mary Z

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:32 am

Good morning everyone.
Well our small town had some bad news yesterday. Our local pharmacy that has 3 locations in the area is closing. It is due to the Covid 19 pandemic. According to what I have read on Facebook people are upset. There are a lot of older people that go to the pharmacies because they are convenient to there home. So sad. I have finished the 3 braids for the quilt I am working on. Now a trip to the quilt shop to get the rest of the fabric. Well, I have a dog that is having a fit to go out. I hope everyone has a nice day.
Suzette

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:58 am

Good morning everyone.

We ended up staying home for Easter. Cold and my DD invited several people I don't know. Dad has been vaccinated but since they don't know about all these new strains decided best to stay home. Plus nobody to help me load w/c and stuff. Trying again today since CG here to help and it's suppised to be warmer.

Have started one of my bindings. Four lengths of thread and only got one side done on one quilt. Hoping to get it done in time to close out first session of UFO contest. If I could get UGRR bound that would make 3 for me! Friday is free sew and will put together the other Bohemia and drop at quilter. Best get a backing while I am there. Took a couple hours and put my sew along block together.

Getting to try some new recipes with DH gone. French mustard chicken last night. It was really good. Made with fresh herbs, Grey poupon, white wine and heavy cream. DH usually cooks but tends to repeat the same things.

Well caregiver here any minute. No time to respond to all. Prayers where needed.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:18 am

Good morning!

Well, guess what I got? SNOW! It snowed most of the night but will be gone shortly. We were 82 on Easter, and snow today. Just saw out the window, it's still snowing. Mother Nature doesn't give up easily here in Utah, it snows often on the first week of May.

Ethan and I will be doing more school today. He works at my desk in the Batt Cave and I sew on the island.

Finally, after almost 10 years in this house, I have each room doing it's designated task. Now, if they stay that way is the question. If Daniel moves here, they will live with us while finding their home. I'm good with that. Daniel is still floating the idea of moving here, so we will see and pray him here! :)

Less than 2 days left for my two week final waiting and I can go out again! Good thing, my Highlander needs new shoes (tires) and a new battery.

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

maryq

Post by maryq » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:18 am

Good Morning Girls

Slept in a bit... but I'm awake now... Got my coffee and a semi-plan for the day... It's a climb up Mount Washmore here at my house too! When all my sweat pants are in the hamper, it's time. Though I may have to dig out shorts and capri's now... We hit 81* yesterday! Last night a cold front moved in and we got a HUGE storm... Thunder shook the house and lightening brought a light show to the sky. I should go out and check my woods and see if I lost any more trees!

Velda.... Is there an echo in your fridge when you open the door? That's usually my sign it's time to go get groceries.

Lois.... I used to get all sorts of quilt magazines, but let them all lapse.. If my grand kids have to sell magazines for fund raisers, then I'll sign up for one with them. But I do look at then when ever I go to the grocery store.. just in case there is something really awesome! But with literally thousands of patterns in books here... I don't dare buy any more! :lol:

Judi.. Since the mask thing has kind of dropped off here too, I still have a huge supply of it! I'd gladly donate it to somebody that needs it. I bought a ton when I was making the pleated masks, then found a new pattern that I used thin pony binders for... that I liked so much better. I'm learning that having the right ruler can make all the difference. I bought Els' log cabin ruler and it's working so much better than a regular one!

Diane... Oh yes.. the farms are disappearing. When we first moved here, I could see big stretches of farm land all around me. One night we had the neighbors cows running around in our back yard! Now that is all houses.. Every where you look there are new homes. When we first came here the population of our town was 2400 or so.. Now it's got to be over 20 thousand. It's sad in a way to see the farms gone.. but when the old farmers pass and young ones don't take over... what are you going to do!

Maryz.... So scary to know that Vicky is running space heaters all winter! I'm surprised she's gone this long without a major disaster. My guess is, she will refuse... then the power company can condemn the house? Should we say a little prayer for that to happen, then her son will be able to remove her? Oh gosh.. such a tough situation.

Suzette.... It's always so sad for me to hear of pharmacies closing. My guess is that they were independent guys without big names like Walgreens etc. The little guy just can't compete against the Walmarts and Walgreens. I could go on for hours explaining why... as I used to own a small independent pharmacy (with DEX)

Valerie... You were sure spot on with your sew along block! I'm looking forward to seeing more blocks... it's fun to see what how difference colors make a difference!

Jana.... Has it really been 10 years you've been in that house? I think I kind of remember when you moved there. Oh heck... I've been in my house 35 years and the designated areas are still changing. All my "sewing rooms" will be occupied by PEOPLE by the end of June. BUT I wouldn't have it any other way... I'm going to huge those people and never let then go!

The other day I was surfing around on Facebook and I saw this posted by a gal I used to work with. I thought it was awesome so I shared it there... So just in case we don't connect on FB, I'm going to share it here too.. I'm going to type it out on nice paper and put it near my sewing machine as a daily reminder of why I do what I do.

"What is my purpose in life?" I asked the void.
"What if I told you that you fulfilled it when you took an extra hour to talk to that kids about his life?" said the voice.
"Or when you paid for that young couple in the restaurant? Or when you saved that dog in traffic? Or when you tied your father's shoelaces for him?

" Your problem is that you equate your purpose with a goal-based achievement. The Universe isn't interested in your achievements... just your heart. When you choose to act out of kindness, compassion and love, you are already aligned with your true purpose.

No need to look any further.

So think of this every day and remember that even sewing and sharing your talent.. qualifies as fulfilling your purpose

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:30 am

Mary q that is right on point I love it.

Lois

Return to “Sew ins”