Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday April 5,2021

Daily discussions.
womster

Re: Monday April 5,2021

Post by womster » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:55 am

Good morning!

Lois – I’m so glad you and your kids got to celebrate together. Enjoy your relaxing day.

Becca – how wonderful to have family visiting almost weekly, it seems. You are smart to wait until after pollen season. Ours starts in May. We were at 75 yesterday as well – it was just beautiful out.

Jana – I love the idea of talking about the history of family food. Yay that all the eggs were found. Not many things worse than a spoiled egg. I think I’ll try your recipe for baked potatoes next time we have them.

Judi – from the sound of things, Colleen’s remodel is nearing completion. I send my Roomba under the beds to get the dust bunnies. I haven’t been able to get down on my knees for years. Your sew day was very productive.

Chriss – my step-mom had a poked baked potato explode in her oven. It did NOT sound fun. Sorry you couldn’t sleep. I had the same problem, but my reason was the neighbor's car alarm kept going off in the middle of the night. :x Commute to work?

Izzy – your Easter sounded wonderful, except for the dead ducks. Enjoy your spring break.

Maryq – I’m so excited for your BFF’s visit. How many UFOs do you think you’ve found in your cleaning sprees? I love the idea of traveling to each other’s houses to clean. I also like the idea of ‘meeting in the middle' some day.

Maryz – my goodness you get so much done. I almost hesitate to ask – what happens to an insta-read thermometer when you forget to take it out?

Sherry – how lovely that Smoke had such a good time at the dog park. And you had fun with your son. Welcome back to Ohio.

Katy – our hummers will be here in a couple of weeks. I love how fresh an area looks when the black dirt goes down. I think I’ll join you in another cup of coffee.

We had a lovely Easter dinner as well – texted all the kids and my sisters and dad and step-mom. We ate Easter dinner for lunch and dinner and it was still good! Had homemade chocolate and coconut cream pies and rolls. Today is ugly day, and I plan to spend at least 90 minutes out in my sewing hole getting it whipped back into some semblance of order. The OH granddaughters will be here right after the 4th of July. Have a glorious day! xoxo Sharona

Marilynsgrammy

Re: Monday April 5,2021

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:21 pm

Izzy I read that if you put marbles in the water ( I assume that even though this was about chickens it could apply to ducks) they won't drown. Guess it really depends on the depth of the water.

Sharona, I have the same commute, about 20 feet.

Chriss
Exodus 33:14

Return to “Sew ins”