Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday April Fool

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Thursday April Fool

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:28 am

Good morning,,,its cold here, in the 20s...so no yard work today...I really need to clean up the winter mess out there at least in the front. But I need warmer temps///
I have been getting a lot of sewing ( or I should say mistaking) I have redone blocks and recut. I think I am ok now...but this reindeer quilt has given me a challenge, Digging through my boxes I did find a ruler for the star blocks and I will try that,,,the trees are today,
i will do a bit of laindry and clean up the laundry room...My freezer is in there so I will clean that too...nother chore off the spring list..
Right now I need coffee and some toast...I have dropped much of my Vaction weight and still need to take off more...Chriss is my inspriation......willpower like that is awesome.....Prayers for Kathy Chickie and Maryrose..XXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOO

Becca

Re: Thursday April Fool

Post by Becca » Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:46 am

Good morning everyone sunny here at 32 They said in20s but it is a tad warmer
DD gets here this morning I must get my food prepared before she gets here She’s bringing some too
Yesterday was a stormy day all day & I had to go to Dr for check up All’s well if Blood work is good
Judi Don’t you hate when things go wrong Hope you get it worked out
Chris I am so happy for you That is quite an accomplishment to lose like that
To everyone have a wonderful day
Prayers for Chickie Kathy & Rosebud
Becca

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:57 am

Good morning everybody yeah Mary I have 64 more days not that I’m counting a school we get out June 16 is the students last day in Delaware so it is has been a long frustrating year with all this zoom meets for sessions it’s crazy starting 19 April they are finally will be going five days a week for all the special ed kids and then the rest of the kids get three days a week

Weather has turned cold it was 32 this morning so no working outside today it’s only supposed to be a high 43

I should have piano tonight but with my back and all my injuries I haven’t done much practice and it’s very hard to sit at the piano

Today’s a busy day little man got here at 5:45 wide awake so he’ll take an afternoon nap

I got little chicks hatching so far we have six in our little box here in the laundry room

Well we cleaned out the H shop and I finally took all the baby stuff the stroller the high chair the baby car seat to get mail were actually to our Hospice shop I like them better all of the money goes back into the community for hospice patients and this weekend the baby bed is being taken down😔

I guess that means I no longer have a little baby in the house 😢

Don’t know when they’ll have another if they even do my son wants one but she can’t get over the fact she was in pain with with the first one so we will see

That’s all that’s new here

Hugs 🤗 prayers 🙏 happy stitching 🧵
🐐izzy

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:18 am

Good morning Everyone,

Its gloomy with showers but thats ok we are doing uglies today I stripped my bed and everything is washing in a few I will start the kitchen clean the refrigerator all that stuff no sewing for a couple of days I think I need the time.
I have the kids coming for dinner and I can't wait the last day we were all together was the day after Christmas.

Well thats all the news here everyone enjoy your day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:26 am

Good morning!

The bed arrived and is set up and in use! The old stuff is in the railroad area. Now I have space under the new bed for dust bunnies! The old wooden bed sat right on the floor and was so heavy, it never moved. Definitely love this new one!

Today I get to sew. The only thing that will get in the way would be my handyman coming. But that's OK. The sooner we get that project completed, the sooner the next one can start. We have a family motto, "we do one thing at a time, do it very well, and then we move on". Michael detests have many things going on, hanging, waiting to be done. So, since I always have a mile long project list, I have learned to be patient. NOT! LOL! But I behave, well, sometimes.

Sarah found some vegan butter and mayo that she says tasted very good, almost like the real thing. So she got something on her baked potato last night. It's a challenge and a new adventure. A one hour grocery shopping trip now takes 3 hours, reading all the labels, searching for the things she is allergic to.

Take care, stay safe,
Hugs and prayers,
Jana

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:24 am

Good morning,

JUDI - you will conquer that quilt, I have no doubt! It is so cute! Have fun in the laundry room. Mine needs cleaning again, too, probably. I try to keep my eyes shut when I'm in there.

MARY Q - sounds like you made your trip to the fabric warehouse worth the gas it took to get there! lol! I love finding new WOW's. When I do, I have a tendency to want to put the whole bolt into my cart, but usually settle for 3 to 5 yds. And then, because it's new to me, I tend to want to hoard it. I really have to force myself to use some of my fabrics. Glad your Seattle cousin found a place to get a shot. There are websites to follow to sign up for clinics, but not everyone is computer-savvy (such as ME!) so many folks are finding it difficult.

JANA - The bed came! The bed came!!! Hooray!! The bed came!! Is it comfy? I love our bed, but it's heavy. Shaker or Mission style, not sure which or if there is even much difference. But we probably could use a new mattress. Ours is a king, double pillow top - spring and summer on one side and fall/winter on the other side. We're supposed to flip and turn the mattress twice a year. But it's just too heavy for us anymore. and it's about 28 yrs old. . . :| We have a good friend who was having such problems that she was headed for a liver transplant. She did some research and went on a keto diet and adheres to it very strictly. She lost 50# the first year (and we got the food from her pantry sweep!) and now there is no evidence of any liver disease. Her doctors are amazed. Fortunately, there are now a lot more food alternatives to choose from. I hope Sarah feels better soon after her diet change.

FLO - glad the drywall has been getting done.

SHERRY - glad you are going to be able to see your IN son! Happy Easter to you!

SHARONA - I hope your grand doggie is going to be OK. Fun the plan for your DGD's visit. It will be here in a flash! Mop boards are baseboard trim. Bottom of the wall along the floor.

MARY ROSE - I hate that you are having to return to work, but I hope all will be well for you. Are they starting you out part-time or full? Light duty, I'm hoping! I'm interested in the progress of your X-st label!

KATY - my walking neighbor has some of those tiny daffodils and she loves them! You would love the daffodil fields here. We have a daffodil festival, parade, floats, queen, the works! And soon the tulip fields in the Skagit Valley will be in full bloom. It's like a little Holland.

CHRISS - congratulations on your achievements!! I was at chiropractor yesterday and his patient before me had lost almost 100#, through diet, exercise, and will power. The doc told me his history (with permission from other patient). I bragged you up to the doc. Chiro was impressed! Have you tried cauliflower pizza crusts? Do you buy them or make them? If you make them, how do you do it? They seem pretty expensive to buy.

BECCA - glad your check-up went so well, and that you survived driving in that weather! My DD#1 was in that weather, too, in Alexandria, going for their shots. She said it took an extra 1/2 hour to make the drive. Happy Denise Day!

IZZY - you know the surest way to get a new grandbaby is to get rid of all the baby gear! It's tatamount to Mom giving away all her maternity clothes!

LOIS - We will be ugly sisters, today, as I join you in doing house uglies. I need to move stuff back into the new bathroom vanity and then get the house ready for Easter company.

I stumbled upon a bit of good news yesterday - I went to Michaels for something and ended up in a corner of the store where frames usually were and found FABRIC!! and an aisle of quilting supplies! Happy Day! It's about time! It wasn't a lot, but whoever did their buying chose a good selection. They said they added fabric a month ago "just to see". Said only about 7 of their stores have it so far. People will flock to them now because even to buy a spool of thread, we have to either go to Tacoma - 15 miles and $5 toll bridge - or 20 miles north to Port Orchard. I found 5 yds of flannel to back my scrappy quilt top.

Have a happy day!
mary z

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:32 am

Good morning all
First we are starting Monday with a contest. O starting sew along. The details have been posted.
Now for update on me Of course I put my back out gardening. But at least I can sew. Doing minor house chores and chatting with people.
O lordie Maryz I would love that. A parade for daffodils . I would be in heaven.
Jane Your bed came Happy dance.
Izzy I am telling you the quickest way to get a new baby is throw maternity clothes away or give them away. Ask the lady that knows, I got rid of mine right after sons birth 2 months later Maybe less I was expecting my daughter Believe me those clothes stayed with me for several years. LOL
Becca It was 25 when I got up this morning. Where did my spring go . At least I have my Daffodils.
Well I need to go sew. of course coffee first.
Have a great sewing day
Katy

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:39 pm

Howdy girls.

Happy April Fools day, when we were kids my dad pranked me and my sister. Told us he heard the ice cream truck and if we went to go find it he would be along with the money to buy us ice cream. we ran off and when we came home he said April Fools.

Judi, Glad you are home. That reindeer quilt sounds troublesome. Are you going to get back to work on the basement soon? Will Easter be fun and family filled at your house? Hope your daughter finds lots of Jadite, it really is pretty.

Becca, yay for warmer weather than planned. Hope your visit with DD was fun and that all the food got made. Is it for Easter? will you have a bunch over to your house ?

Izzy, sorry your little man isn't so little. Seems the current generation isn't having kids like we used to. between lower birth rates and Covid the heard should be looking pretty thin. I also have a favorite place to donate. It's a thrift store that helps people in recovery. I have stuff to take there on Saturday.

Lois, glad the kids will be there this weekend. My plan is also to do some laundry. I want to wash the big things. Quilts, bed spreads and curtains. I know the quilts will get done, no promises on the rest.

Jana, I also take a long time whenever I go grocery shopping. I am a label reader too. It's not as bad as it used to be because now I know what to get. Amazing the junk that is put into food. So glad your bed has arrived and you made room for the dust bunnies, they will be so happy.

Maryz, I found some fabric at Michaels the other day. FQ's and pre cuts, and there were one yard pieces also. And notions too. And you won't believe this but at our Dollar Tree they have some FQ's, not many but I bout one to see how it would be, it was pretty decent. I made a mask from it. I was pleasantly surprised. I have tried cauliflower pizza crust, but, if you want a great low carb pizza crust use ground chicken yum.
https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/27365 ... erm=273658

Katy, sure wish there was a fix for that back of yours. looking forward to the sew along. I usually start things and don't finish, hoping this will be different.

Valerie, funny you, you think I am stable. I go see Marilyn on the 14th. I have to say I am a little, not a lot, nervous about driving so far by myself, I just don't travel much. I will be fine and it will be easy once I do it, it's just a little anxiety that I feel. Hope your son got there safely and all is well.

Flo, how did the Oncology check up go?

Sherry, what is a pizza burger.

Maryq, did you find any good fabric for $2 a pound?

Not much is new here. I've upped my walking, I try to go up and down my driveway as often as I can. Those steps really add up, I use an app called Map My Walk to keep track.

Saturday I color eggs with the boys next door. I will also bring them their Easter baskets.

We have sheep in the pasture in front of my house. One mom had a set of twins, the other mom had one baby. they are fun to watch prancing around.

and that is my story, hope you all sleep well and wake up refreshed
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

Return to “Sew ins”