Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday March 31,2021

Daily discussions.
womster

Re: Wednesday March 31,2021

Post by womster » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:50 am

Good morning!

Lois – sorry about the lonestar. Maybe you should burn that pattern! I hope your day today is a good one.

Suzette – I hope your furbaby is feeling much better today. Our vet is the same way.

Izzy – ouch that sounds so painful. The replanting of the flowers will yield some beautiful results.

Judi – I’ll have to look up what jadite is – how nice to have a place to display them. A man checkup – that’s a new term for me! Have fun in the sewing room.

Maryz – we got about 2”. The ground was too warm for a more accurate reading. It will be in the mid-60s here by Sunday. I haven’t heard anything more from MO – they don’t want to be rushed so we just wait. In the meantime, we are getting three of the OH granddaughters out here in July. What are mp boards? Congrats on another home improvement project done. How refreshing to hear something is coming in ahead of schedule. Have a great time with your DGSs.

Val – I hadn’t heard about the wildfire. Prayers that his family is safe.

Vel – happy packing.

Jana – the totes will be so cute. Happy bed day.

Flo – good luck at your checkup.

Sherry - stay warm and happy packing. Those pizza burgers sound yummy.

Not much new here. DS1 is taking his dog in for surgery – he has what the vets think is a cancerous growth on his back leg. The biopsy will take a week. His wife and son are headed to Russia the end of May so hopefully it’s treatable. Have a glorious day! xoxo Sharona

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:53 am

Good morning. Today is a quick stop by to let you know I return to work tomorrow. I got the wedding quilt spray basted. The grids are drawn out for my x-stitch label, and the label wording is marked so I can get started on the stitching. I will be taking it to work with me, and put stitches in during lunch each day.

Jana, it's about time that they are getting your bed to you.

MaryZ, going out with the young ones should be so much fun. Enjoy.

Prayers for Chickie and Kathy.

Mary/Rosebud

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:24 am

Good morning all
Well I put my back out but my daffodils look great. I do love daffodils.
Rosebud Good luck at work. Hope everything is ok.
Jane Hope that bed arrives . Its about time.
Lois sorry about your Lonestar wanted to try one but now I might have to rethink that.
Izzy I hope your ear is getting better. I have had a ear infection for a week or more not the kind that hurts just scabby .
Maryz I love your daffodils Mine are in bloom also. I have the tiny ones as well . I bought boughts of the little ones years ago for $1 dollar a pot. Got 3 pots and now have them everywhere and plan on moving some this year.
Judi I think I have Pyrex cups and saucers.
Sherry I agree with you GO CUBS
I need to talk to Maryq Maybe get started earlier .
O darn Guess who needs to go. Poor Boo went to vet Monday. Hes had sores on his tummy off and on for two years finally the vet gave him some antibiotics. so now hes taking three pills twice a day. Keeps Mom busy. Well I better take him out.
You all have a great sewing day
Katy

maryq

Post by maryq » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:51 am

Good Morning Girls

Ok, I've been up for a little while... long enough to get dressed and make coffee any way! :lol: :lol: I really should get OUT of bed at 0730 when I wake up.. instead of taking that "5 more minutes" Can you imagine how much more I'd get done in a day!

Lois.. OH NO... first words out of my mouth when I read you trashed your project... gosh that had to hurt! Sometimes when I want to try a new thing... I use some icky fabric first... so I don't wreck the good stuff. But then.... I'm kind of a chicken about trying something new! :lol: :lol:

Suzette.... agreed... that's weird about the Vet vs. Hair Salons. Is it a state rule or the Vet's? Hope your fur baby is ok.

Izzy.... When are you done with school for the year? Are you signing up for next year too? With the weather starting to turn nice I think Kids are probably getting spring fever and are counting the days to be done with school. My MN kids are on spring break this week, but get out of school early in June. The Canadian kids don't get out until late in June. You have day lilies in your yard??? good luck... they go every where don't they!

Judi.... Had to google what jadite it... I have a couple little cups of it and had no idea what that was! I should send them to you so you can add to Colleen's collection! :lol: I have an ancient Pyrex bowl to that I bet she'd like!

Maryz... Oh isn't it wonderful to have an upstairs working bathroom!!! Now you don't have to run down while you are up stairs sewing! It all turned out just the way you wanted? I went to Fabric Warehouse... just to grab a little more of the batiks I bought last time.. I'm using them for sew along and worried I didn't have enough. BUT you can't go into that place for just ONE thing... A few other things jumped in my cart. Viv was looking for some skull fabric for a quilt for her DS, and I found the perfect thing for her... and a new WOW I hadn't seen before... so I figured I better grab a LOT while I was there! My cousin finally found a place to get a shot... a friend of a friend hooked him up!

Valerie... OMG... I hope that fire isn't near Helen (Pilot) the reason she moved back to SD is because there was a big fire at her apartment in CO! I would hate for her to go through that again!

Velda.... One more "wake up" and you'll be on the road. I bet your son is going to really miss you!

Jana... Oh my, poor Sarah... to be allergic to dairy!!! No milk..! But what can you do when you have a plate of choc chip cookies and can't have milk!!??? Good to hear Matt is getting better, but he sure got hit bad with the Covid... such a strange disease... so many different effects... I'm sure it makes it even harder for scientists to figure it out!

Flo... Hope all goes well at Dr. and you get a clear report!!! Drywall done!!! Awesome.. when can kids move in?

Sherry... You are so right.. what we Moms don't do for our kids. My Canadians love Cinnamon Pop Tarts, but they can't get them up there... Last time I was able to visit I had to fill 1/2 my suitcase with them.
Have a safe trip to Indiana! I remember pizza burgers from school lunches... keep thinking I should try to make them again.. there were good.. A secret ingredient is ground spam!

Sharon... Oh gosh... I so hope the dog doesn't have cancer... so heart breaking even in our pets. Your DIL is from Russia yes?

Katy... Ready.... .set.... go! Let's do this... whenever you are ready .... Love your Daffodils. You really do have to take it easy on your back kiddo....

Mary/Rosebud.... Do you pin too when you spray baste? I love the 505 basting but I still pin like crazy... Back to work... bummer ..... but then a pay check does come in handy doesn't it.

Guess I better get in gear... Probably won't make it here tomorrow.. My "mask" friend that I went to see her horses... she is coming over to my house in the morning and we are driving up north about 40 miles from me to see a gal who is selling fabric for $2. a POUND... not sure what she has, but from the picture on Facebook... it looked like GOBS of all different kinds.. Not that I need more fabric...but what the heck! It will be fun!

need more coffee.. then headed down to wash up all the fabric I bought yesterday.... so if you need me I'll be downstairs!

Have a Wonderful Wednesday

Return to “Sew ins”