Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday March 31,2021

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Wednesday March 31,2021

Post by fabricgirl » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:17 am

Good morning and Happy Hump day Everyone

Yesterday I took apart the lonestar and won't be making it over it wouldn't go together so its now in the garbage and I guess I'm not cut out to do that pattern maybe in the summer I will try Els pattern will see lesson learned.

Today I'm going to clean my sewing room put things back and bury that pattern or just throw it away.

Well thats all the news here I hope Everyones day is alot better then mine was yesterday. :cry:
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

suzette58

Re: Wednesday March 31,2021

Post by suzette58 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:40 am

Good morning everyone.
Yesterday I had to take one of our furbabies to the vet. She had a couple glands that were full and needed to be taken care of. The thing I don’t understand is the hair salons are open but the vet I had to call when I was in the parking lot and they came out and got our dog and called when they knew what was wrong. I didn’t like doing it that way but I had no choice. I have started the second braid for my braid quilt. It is about halfway there. Not much else going on here. Hope everyone has a good day.

Lois - I have had times that I didn’t get along with a quilt I was making and just stashed it or got rid of it.
Suzette

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:24 am

Good morning yesterday a balmy 72 today a nice 55 tonight freezing 28 tomorrow 40s this is crazy but welcome to the Ohio Valley

Velds my ear accident was thanks to a goat I was helping my son and DH move My babies off their mamas and I bent over to hold one of the babies till they got back into the barn and unfortunately my head was between the door and door frame when mama realize I had her baby and she ram the door straight into my head. My ear Cartlidge was broken and turned purple within like 15 minutes it was awful and the pain was excruciating but needless to say my ear now is a rainbow

Yesterday DH and I got all of the lilies and irises out of the flower bed the flower bed now is cleaned out nothing but daffodils in the circle so hopefully tomorrow we will place the rock around to border the circle and placed in new fresh dirt and then I will replant all my irises. I ended up putting all the lilies in the fence row we just kind of dumped them there they’ll replant themselves in the fence row and spread up and be pretty cam summer. This flower bed is in the center of my front yard and it was taken over by the weeds it was really ugly last year not to mention that the lilies took it over to.

Thanks Becca for letting me know she’s having some phone issues I’m gonna try and call her again this week

Well need to run the job that is calling me think I’m gonna go in the sewing room for a little bit before I start work at nine this morning

Hugs 🤗 prayers 🙏 happy stitching 🧵
🐐izzy

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:08 am

Good Morniing,there is a button on this keyboard that if you accidently hit it it erases your whole message...ask me which key it is I do not know....but I hit it this morning AGAIN!
Lois I have had the same experience my heart goes out to you....all the expense and work and it goes in the trash,,,I call them landfill quilts...I have had a few,
Suzette we have the same policy at our vets here dont even know why.
Izzy hope your ear heals up.
I catered supper to DDs house again. I made ribs and she made air fried potatoes...they actually are good...they manages to get more cabinets in,,,and her and I decided what to put in the decorative cabinets she has, there are 4 of them with glass doors and lights. She loves jadite and old pyrex cookware and we will scout estate sales to see if we can find some old ones...Jadite it hard to find and very expensive. I see old pyrex at yard sales and estate sales so the hunt is on.
Ken has his man checkup today so we will stay home for supper...I will make a salad and some fish or crab cakes,,,,depending on what is in the freezer,,,sewing room has my name on it today,,,XXXXXXXXOOOOOOO

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:41 am

Good morning,

LOIS - so sorry to hear the Lone Star fizzled. I've had patterns like that where I just had to put it into a closet, sometimes for a few years.

IZZY - I wondered what happened to your ear. I must have been camping. Hope it's feeling better.

JUDI - Sounds like small appliance are among your DD's best friends right now! Did they get the plumbing hooked up yesterday? Will you be working on your reindeer today?

FLO - a lot of hard work - limbing and bucking up downed trees! Bet you're sleeping good at night.

SUZETTE - Hope your furbaby is feeling better today. If you are talking anal glands, groomers do that, too. At least ours does. Might be cheaper than a vet appt.

SHARONA - how much snow did you get? You're supposed to get really warm this weekend, aren't you? Any more news on your parents' possible move to CO?

MARY Q - did you go to the craft warehouse? Did you get into trouble there?

JANA - Hooray!! It's Bed Day! Or not! Maybe tomorrow! (You DO know tomorrow is April Fool's, right?)

We have our bathroom back together! Yippee! Today Bill is going to put in mop boards, but that's it. We need to buy a new little rug today and we can stamp DONE to this project. Good thing because we got a call that our windows are coming in two weeks, a month earlier than originally promised.

I finished my scrappy camping project yesterday and posted a photo. Somehow, I accidentally got pictures of Foxy in there, too. Not sure how I did that, but I left them because he's such a handsome little dude. And I'm one of those braggy, show-offy kitty moms.

Tonite we're going to a belated birthday dinner - in a real restaurant - with our two grandsons. We haven't seen them for 5 months. Can't wait!

Piece!
mary z

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:17 am

Good morning everyone!

Lois sorry to hear about you Lonestar. That is a pattern I have never been successful at either. Oddly enough I was talking to someone at my LQS about a month ago about that pattern and she said you really have to have the angles cut correctly. Despite my using a 45 Degree ruler, it still doesn’t work.

Lois hoping your fur baby is okay. I think here you can take the pet in yourself. Not sure.

Izzy so sorry to hear about your ear. But you did have Mama’s baby ……….. Shows what a good Mama she is! But I do want you to stop getting hurt. Prayers for quick recovery.

Yes Judi, I know all about that key, I don’t know what one it is either. But it sure gets hit a lot on my keyboard. Very frustrating. I have not seen jadeite dishes in years. Yes they are quite nice. I have several of my Mom’s old Corning Ware. They are also getting pricey.

Maryz always nice to have a project finished. I was so happy when the Kitchen finally got done. Have a great belated birthday dinner.

For those who may not know, there is a wild fire near Rapid City, SD. That is where my son lives. Pilot (can’t remember her real name) also lives there. At least last I heard. My son is on his way here for the family get together. Should arrive sometime early afternoon so hoping his wife and son are out of harms way.

Chriss sounds like your having a great time with Marilyn. Glad she has you as a stable person in her life. Hoping the best for her.

Well need to get and think about breakfast before caregiver gets here. Also on duty for 2 more hours.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:36 am

Happy Hump Day from IL.
Thanks Izzy for the update on your accident. OMG!! That had to hurt soooo bad! It makes me shiver just reading how it happened. But rainbows appear at the end of storms, so healing is happening. 🤞
This our packing day. One more night here, then we will be home tomorrow.
Really feel sorry for you Lois. I can feel your anger. I absolutely hate unsewing.
I thought the pattern was coming along ok for you. At least give yourself a lot of credit for trying so hard. That would have been one to have an instructor near by.
Have a great day everyone!
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:48 am

Good morning!

Yes, today is the day! The bed will come this afternoon. So we will get a few things ready for the move. It's been a long wait - since November 22nd.

Sarah was over yesterday and Sandee too. They were comparing food allergies. Sarah's tests came back and there is a whole long list. The two major ones, are, all dairy and soy. Those will be difficult to work with. Everything has dairy and soy! Good thing Sarah has a background in nutrition.

So while those two did that, I worked on a new tote for me. When I have that one done today, Sarah went through the stash and pulled fabric for one for her. I am making Sandee 9ne too, except I need to get fabric for it. Sandee is a huge Charlie Brown fan, so hers will be Peanuts fabric. My tote is made from a Row by Row fabric from a few years ago that is state license plates with quilt phrases. I fussy cut out the one plate for Utah to be the closure tab. It will be a great quilt fabric shopping accessory!

It's Spring break here for the kids. Crenda is taking all theirs to a FunCenter this afternoon, so Matt is coming here. He is still dealing with after effects of having Covid, the blood clots, so he doesn't stay alone very long. He is getting better, slowly.

Not, much more around here.
Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:09 am

Morning
At oncology for check up. Drywall contractors supposed to be done tonight....yippee.
When I get home more play with lopping shears.
Flo

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:49 am

Good morning all! Not much planned for today. Getting things around for Smoke's and my trip to Indiana this weekend to see my son. Haven't seen him since Christmas 2019. My other son will be coming over to feed Sweetie while we are gone. It is just a couple of days so she will be all right. He comes a couple of times each day and takes care of her.

It is very windy and cold here today. Usual NW Ohio Spring day. Well better get going. Need to go to the meat market and get some pizza burgers with cheese in them for my son in Indiana. He loves them and can't find them over there. Only ones he can find do not have the slice of cheese in the middle. What mother's do for their kids.

My Michigan Wolverines lost last night by 2 points to UCLA so my brackets are completely shot for this year. This was my worst year for picking brackets ever. Oh well there is always next year. Baseball season starts tomorrow. Go Cubs!!

Hope everyone has a safe and good day.

Sherry

Return to “Sew ins”