Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday, March 30th

Daily discussions.
purrfect-lady

Tuesday, March 30th

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:33 am

Good morning,

SHARONA - I hope you are feeling better today!

MARY Q - Is it window-washing season already?? Say it isn't so!!

MARY ROSE - sending prayers with you to your dr appt today!

Our bathroom floor and stairway carpet were installed yesterday and we love them both! And we have a working toilet on the main floor again! Yay!! Today Bill will add the mop board trim, hook up the faucet, and rehang the door. Then I'll add some decor items and we should be done by end of business today! I also got my scrappy quilt top together. Today I'll add borders and figure out a backing for it. I'm in no rush to quilt it, but when I do, it's just going to be a freehand meander. This quilt has so much going on that it doesn't need a fancy quilting pattern.

My walking buddy texted me from Reno where they were on last day of vacation. Their son was supposed to be watching their dog, Duchess, a white german shepherd. The dog was lost. So I went walking to look for her and turns out I missed her by about 300 feet when I turned another direction. Bill put a lost dog message on our community talk website and we had a call within minutes. So back out I went to fetch her. Some folks had her on their front porch. My friend was ecstatic when I texted her that we found Duchess. And maybe now they'll put a collar on her with ID tags!

I'm going to lunch today with a good friend. Our restaurants are open at 50% capacity now and we're both double vaccinated, so we should be OK. Will be nice to do something social!

Hope everyone has a Terrific Tuesday!
mary z

billizzy

Re: Tuesday, March 30th

Post by billizzy » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:42 am

Good morning Mary sounds like you have a full day planned that’s awesome that you were able to find Duchess for your friend

Today is another workday then spring break next week the trouble I can get into DH and I worked in the flower bed I am pulling up all my lilies and irises out of my front flower bed the weeds took it over last year so I am re-doing it but luckily he has the tractor and it did all the work so today little man and I are going to pull the flowers apart sort them and then just put the irises back in the flower bed

Well my busted ear is finally healing it’s all black blue purple yellow gold it’s like a 🌈
Now my back wants to act up I haven’t had lower back issues in a while but lately it’s really giving me fits

Been milking my girls and I get about a gallon and a half each day so I told DH and the kids they better be drinking up
I think I’m gonna make cheese this afternoon with my milk I haven’t made any good goat cheese in a while and we’ve all been craving it

Finishing up some UFOs hopefully will be able to post to more in the UFO club that they are completed 😀

Nothing else new here today I’m hoping that Kathy and chickie are both on the mend I saw that she was back in the hospital so I’m going to read up and see if there’s any thing new posted on her

Hugs 🤗 prayers 🙏 happy stitching 🧵
🐐izzy

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:10 am

Good Morning...sunny and up to 70 today, Was up early my hip is bothering me,,,it has been diagnosed as arthritis so not much can be done...but the word is carry on. I dont have much on the books today I need to make supper for the kids...it will be babyback ribs and mac and cheese,,,DD will try to do the mac and cheese I will do the ribs here take them over and finish them on the grill...will try to set the rest of the base cabinets tonight if they dont run into any problems... We did see my 2 sons last night,,,we stopped by son#1 and DIl bonus one grnaddaughter was there second bonus son #3 was there too we only mised son #2 as he was working, Seems my oldest grandson is side jobbing house painting,,,so I will see if I can hire him to paint my living room and dinig room...they will be the same color. He has applied for an appreticeship and is waiting for an interview,,his job was a victim of covid...so he is changing carreers..he will apply as a pipefitter and will be the 7th member of our family to join the same local...Ken was brought in by his brother and he inturn brought in 2 sons, a grandson, my sister, and now another grandson,
I will see if I can finish cutting the quilt, I am anxious to see how it starts coming together,,,hope you all enjoy your day,,,,XXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOO

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:14 am

Good morning sunshine here Beautiful
Yesterday was a busy one non stop I have laundry going Lots going on this week
Maryz So glad you fouythe Dog I agree ID collar. Denise comes on Thursday
Glad you love your carpet
Izzy Kathy is having phone issues too
Chickie got Home Do take care of yourself
I love goat cheese Wish I had some of yours
Sharona Prayers that today is a great day & you feel better
Rosebud prayers for your Dr appt that your leave goes on
There’s much to do here Hope everyone has a great day. Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:45 am

Good morning!

Well, my warm temps yesterday went south! Literally! We are now a extra blanket warm of 25! But this will pass and by the weekend we will almost see 80.

I was a busy bee yesterday. Got my uglies done, laundry, cut Michael's hair (it really needed it), and then late in the afternoon, got a wonderful phone call - my bed and nightstands are here in Salt Lake! No more sitting in a Indiana warehouse. They will be delivered either Wednesday or Thursday to me. Whoo hoo! The store will let me know which day later this morning. So a trip up to Salt Lake will be in order today, to finish the payment.

Now I need to get cracking and finish the quilt for the new bed. 2 pillow shams too. My handyman will be here sometime this week. He finished building the top cover for the island. This piece fits in the hole, when my sewing machine is down, in it's hidden away position. That way, I have full use of the top.

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:16 am

Good morning, it's going to be a marvelous day today.

Last night as I said my prayers I asked God to wake me up early so I could do my history of the bible class. He decided that 3:15 was a good time. I completed one lesson and after I am done here I will do another. If you are interested and ever get a chance to take this class it is very interesting. Mine is given free via the adult education program through our school district. Bright Thinker is the company the school district is going through.

Diane, hope your kids made it safely and they find the perfect house. so wonderful to have your kids in hugging range.

Velda, glad things are moving forward. I imagine that motor home pulling into it's spot and snuggling in. hope a lot of your friends are returning to their camping spots as well.

Maryz, so glad you got your flooring all installed and love it. Bet it's also a great thing to get rid of that toilet and not have to take it to the dump. Thanks for the Kathy update. I have been meaning to call her but time gets away from me. I now have a post it note that will remind me and will not forget today. Had I known you had all the jars I would have stopped by. I've been on the diet since September 1, 2020 and have lost 65 pounds. 35 to go. I'd like to have it all gone by my birthday.

Jana, I failed to wave at Daniel but when I go to see Marilyn on the 14th I will honk and wave, have him listen for it and wave back. The debate in this house is, would it be best to go up 99 and over to 5 in Stockton or just go straight up 99. Jerry would do the former and I am going to do the later. Hope Matt's dog doesn't eat all the eggs, sounds like a fun Easter planned at your house.

Maryq, I love when the windows can be opened and the stink of winter leaves the house. The other thing I love is washing all the quilts we used during the winter and hanging them on the line to dry. Looking forward to the sew along, can't wait to see what you girls have up your sleeves.

MaryRose, I'm praying for an extended leave for you. Hope it happens.

Sharona, hope today isn't a repeat of yesterday.

Maryz, enjoy lunch. Glad you found the dog. And yes a collar with a phone number would have been a quicker way to find Duchess. Wow, a quilt finished, new carpeting, a working bathroom, you have been a busy girl

Izzy, how long does it take to make goat milk cheese? from start till it's time to eat? how long does it take for it to "harden"

Judi, I hope your son loves his new career choice. And I would come for ribs and mac N cheese but the mac isn't on my diet. Jerry is making ham with cauliflower (mac) N cheese for Easter. I love it.

Becca, you sound very busy. Your day will fly by and you will sleep soundly. hope everything gets done easily.

Sad and happy news here

Sadly my son's dog died last night. She was young and had a bunch of stomach issues. I feel really bad for Rich and Gloria, they did everything to try to get her medical help and sadly it just wasn't meant to be.

On the happy side, I am so jazzed about planning a girl day with Marilyn. She thinks it is so cool to have a lot of bags in her hands. She never wants me to help carry them. Even if each bag only has one t-shirt in it, there are lots of bags and that is the goal of shopping. It's fun to see how grown up they are and how much of a kid they are at the same time. It's also fun to watch her grocery shop. Last time she ran back to another isle while we were shopping and came back with microwave popcorn. She is my best girl.

And now, my morning has flown by and it's time to get ready for work. Hope everyone has a marvelous day,
Chriss.
Exodus 33:14

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:43 am

Just popping in to say hello. Another windy day here, so I gave up on my outdoor weeding project. We will be coming back to babysit our son's dog for a five day trip he has planned later in the month. I will hope that I can finish the job then.
You are all up early and oh so busy.
Prayers for our Kathy and Chickie. Also for you Izzy, back problems are no fun. What happened to your ear, I must have missed the report?
Nothing more to say today. Off to get more coffee.
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

womster

Post by womster » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:42 am

Good morning!

Maryz – yes, thank you, I am back to ‘normal’ today. I am so happy you found your walking buddy’s dog. What a relief! We use NextDoor out here – is that what Bill posted on? It’s been great for reuniting dogs with their people. Yay that your new carpet and floors are in. Have a great time at lunch!!

Izzy – glad your ear is healing and sorry about your back. Goat cheese sounds so good!

Judi – DH had babyback ribs last night – sure makes the house smell wonderful. I hope they’re able to get all the cabinets in today. I hope your oldest grandson gets the job.

Becca – thanks so much for the prayers. I hope your laundry day is a quick one.

Jana – it’s almost here! That is great news.

Chriss – I’m so sorry to hear that your son and Gloria lost their dog. It’s so hard to give them up, but even more so when they’re young. Hugs to them. I will be looking for the class you talked about. I’m stoked about you and Marilyn’s girl day. Wow - what an answer to prayer she is! And very lucky to have you and Jerry as grandparents. A win/win all around. I am so proud of you and your weight loss! That is great. I love cauliflower anything, and am so thankful Costco has cauliflower rice already packaged.

Vel – darn that wind!

Prayers for Chickie, Kathy, and MaryRose.

Today it is snowing (our last storm of the season, they say). We are headed to Costco in a wee bit and then we’ll see what comes next. Have a glorious day! xoxo Sharona

maryq

Post by maryq » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:56 am

Good Windy Morning!

The sun is brightly shining, but oh my goodness.... probably a good thing I'm not a lightweight or the wind would blow me to Kansas!

Maryz..... Well, getting close for window washing season.. just not quite yet. This year I'll have scrub all the screens too and it's too early to bring out the hose outside. (that's my excuse) Was going to text you yesterday, but figured you'd be in the middle of lots of activity.. getting the floors done. Glad you were able to find Duchess... Don't you love that community board... I find out all sorts of information about my town there!

Izzy... I was wondering what you did with all that goats milk... you drink it? and make cheese? Do you make goats milk soap? Glad your ear is getting better... and it's nice that it's turning spring colors! :D

Judi.... Don't you just love Art in your Hips! I'm afraid I've inherited that too from my Mom. Tylenol doesn't do much for it and with out Ibu... well let's just say it's not fun. Sounds like Colleen's project is coming along... a little at a time... Hope all the pieces fit together as she planned.

Becca... Hope you can find a little time to relax in your busy day! I do love my occasional afternoon naps, but some days I hate to waste the time... so much I want to get done around here!

Jana... What a great deal!!! Your bed is finally in SLC! You must be so excited. How long have you waited for this bed?

Chriss... I've always heard you should be careful what you pray for... you just might get it! Next time you ask God to wake you up early... you might want to be more specific.... like give Him a time frame. :lol: :lol: Oh how I wish I had a clothes line!!! Jen's new BF says he will come and help me with projects.. maybe I'll put that on the list! I love sheets on the line!

Velda.... good idea to postpone the weeding project... in this wind they would probably blow back into the garden! Won't be long now and you'll be "home"

Sharon.... SO good to hear you are feeling much better today! If you are headed to Costco.. you must be feeling pretty good!

Got a phone call from BFF in CO! She's made her plane reservations... She will be HERE on April 14th! Which means I have 2 weeks to get my house cleaned up.... which doesn't like sound a big deal, but for some one who makes a new mess as soon as she get one cleaned up, well it will be a challenge! But I so can't wait! We're going to drive down and tour around where we grew up.. Then one day a trip to the big craft store in St. Cloud---where she for sure will go crazy! She makes the most beautiful cards and will love that place as they have Every Thing for scrap booking and card making! .

Time for more coffee... .Need to run a few errands today. I've had put gas in my car since Jen was here and it's finally almost empty. Think I'll make quick trip over to the fabric warehouse... well, just for fun... Might as well make a trip out worth while right?

Sending lots of prayers for Kathy, Mary and Chickie!

Wishing you all a Terrific Tuesday

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:20 am

Morning
Things been crazy here. Joe & I dropped 7 dead trees and I go out a little each day and clip all small branches & bring to burn pile. Plus it's mowing season again.
Finally found honest drywall contractor and they started this morning...by weekend it should be ready to paint....then we will put in tile flooring. Maybe 8 weeks and then kids should be able to move in.
Have a sew great day
Flo

Return to “Sew ins”