Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday March 29,2021

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Monday March 29,2021

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:06 am

Good Morning Everyone

We are going to 50* today thats ok we are going to do a foodshopping run that will be about 3 hours then when we get back it will be put away then I will spend some time in my room.
Yesterday I got into my sewing room and took out my quilt and did get the first set in triangle in thanks to Eleanor so when I get back I will finish putting my star together.
Well thats all the news around here I hope you all have a great day prayers go out to all.

Lois

Becca

Re: Monday March 29,2021

Post by Becca » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:31 am

Good morning everyone sun is peeking out We are 32 this morning Hope the fruit trees don’t get killed and the strawberries
Supposed to be in 20s this week
I have to go to town for check up on hearing aide And pick up meds drive thru
And get mulch for beds
Lois Hope your day goes smooth Glad you worked out your pattern
Have a great day everyone & prayers for Kathy Chickie & Rosebud & all others in need

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:53 am

Good morning,,it is frosty here 27 this morning but the sun is shining. I have laundrt to do changed the sheets and made up the bed.
Yesterday I had planned on sewing but the ditress call from DD house...No one wanted fast food again and what can I make with no kitchen or sink... so I fried chicken and cut up fresh veggies and took it over. She made potatoes on the grill and a salad...we ate there and i stayed to help try to clear dishes from the laundry room sink...we got it all done cabinets are going in and plumbing ia done for thw sink...unfortunately since DD bought a faucet that mounts to the counter top,,,,they wont have water for awhile. stove is in but the hood vent hasnt come in yet,,,so no working stove,,,(ordered the vent they sent the wrong one now waiting for the correct one to come) once all the cabinets are in they can call the flooring guys to come lay the floors...it will happen.....
We had to winterize our camper again due to the surprise freezing temps///but it will go up to 70 tomorrow...Mother Nature is PMSing again.
well I need to do some laundry and work on the quilt...salad and burgers for supper...have a wonderful day..XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOO

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:16 am

Good morning,

Seems spring chose to only stay a couple of weeks and we are headed into summer. We should see the mid 70's this week.

Valerie, I also was looking for a small jar of some kind. I like a glass jar to put home made salad dressing in. found a small one at Michaels for $2. I will be boiling eggs this week and my neighbor boys will be coloring them on Saturday. It will be fun. I have their Easter baskets ready. Marilyn is doing quite well. We are planning a girls day, which basically means clothes shopping and lunch. Now that she has a place of her own the girls day will end in grocery shopping. I will drive up and back in one day. It is about 250 miles each way. What fun, hope your son gets there safely and you have a good visit with him.

Maryz, it will be so nice to have that bathroom finished. I do have Easter baskets all ready for the boys. I mostly do dollar store shopping. Instead of sewing this weekend I went to Roseville to something called The Great Junk Hunt. there were quite a few vendors there and I bought some tote bags that I talked myself into, I'm a tote bag junkie. Glad you are home and ready for deck sitting, if you can find a chair.

Nothing new here. Trying to get more exercising in and trying to get my history of the bible class in. Still dieting, caved and ate Mexican food yesterday. Today is a start over day.

Hope you all have a marvelous day and week
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

velvet

Post by velvet » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:31 am

Beautiful sunny start of the morning with light winds. Hope the wind stops for my DS and DDil's flight at 3. My son already told us it might cause delays in NY--they should land around 5 if all goes well. They will have their appts. set for tomorrow to see homes. Fingers crossed and hoping they can find something they really like. Time is an enemy to them with building supply cost going thru the ceiling. I am very excited to hug them finally after all these months. Zoom is fine but not the same.

Enjoy the day with some smiles.
Diane

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:00 am

Good Morning. I won't try to reply to each person. I am typing this on phone, so it's much slower.
We are down to just a few days left. Weather has been chilly and extremely windy, so I am not getting everything done as quickly as I would like for outside yard things for our son. But anything I get accomplished is appreciated. That makes me feel great that he appreciates it all.
Starting to pack up last minute stuff to transport in truck when we go pick up our camper Thursday. I am excited to get settled back to my own routine.
Staying here has been fun and feeling safe in pandemic. Actually DH and myself didn't even catch a cold this winter. Ended up being a healthy winter for us.
Looks like a sunny day for us today. Hope all of you have a nice day. Look forward to getting back to sewing again next week.
😊
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:31 am

Good morning,

DIANE - I can feel your excitement at your kids coming to town! If they move to MB, does this mean no more LI visits or do you have more family there still?

LOIS - You are coming down the home stretch with your Lone Star! Yay!! I can't wait to see this one!

JUDI - Lots of distress at your DD's. I hope they can exchange the faucet soon. At least there is a laundry sink for dishes. My friend here had to use her bathtub while her house was being remodeled. And my sister used a plastic tub and the garden hose in her back yard. You and Ken are so great to come to the rescue. Will keep you in mind as we're not done with our projects yet! :D

CHRISS - I have a gazillion jars of every size you can think of. You should have told me! Fun to plan a girls day. You wouldn't spoil her, would you? And in this household, we only have one cat, but sometimes it's really hard to find a chair to sit it! He is really funny. He especially likes our lawn chairs when we're camping. We have to set out a chair just for him or we will lose ours in half a heartbeat. 70* sounds pretty nice to me, though your 100* that is coming would do me in. I'm so proud of you for sticking so well to your diet. You deserve a little treat now and then. How long have you been on this diet now?

BECCA - more mulch? Are you getting wood chips, aka beauty bark like they use here, or are you getting an enriched soil product? Hope your errands go quickly. Did Denise already come and go while we were camping?

VELDA - so much to look forward to this week for you! I hope all goes smoothly as you make your move.

LORI - have you decided yet how to finish your JN placemats?

ROSEBUD - I have most colors of DMC floss and most of it is wound onto the bobbins and in cases. I agree - much easier to work with. Have you started yet??

SUZ - how is your braid coming along?

I talked to Kathy yesterday. As I think someone else reported she was in the hospital for 4 or 5 days with a pulmonary embolism but home now. Her surgery was scheduled for April 15 but now that is being put off for the time being. But it's something to look forward to and she says she is! Her voice sounded a little bit stronger.

Yesterday we dismantled what little was left of our bathroom and painted the wall behind the toilet. Our friend, Tex, is coming to get our old toilet to put in his workshop. The crew - a married couple who has done all our floors and carpets (even our old trailer) for years - will arrive in 2 hours. Hooray!! They will also re-carpet our stairway today. I will be hanging out in my sewing room putting together my scrappy project. I got it almost halfway finished yesterday.

Piece!
mary z

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:32 am

Good morning!

Be patient, the warm temps are coming. It is 50 here in the early morning. So nice to be above freezing ! I will share them with you.

Not much new here. A few uglies, a bit of sewing, and counting the days left to no more hibernation.

The kids have Easter planned for next weekend. We will be together at Matt's. The kids will dye eggs and then the big kids will hide them for a Easter Egg hunt. I am waiting to see Matt's dog eat every thing first!

Chriss - hope you waved at Daniel, you were in his backyard in Roseville. He lives in Pleasant Grove.

Take care, stay safe,
Hugs and prayers,
Jana

maryq

Post by maryq » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:28 am

Good Morning Girls

HAPPY MONDAY! Yeah.. a new week to "start over"... It's going to be an awesome day here.. almost time to wash windows... getting up to 70* here today and the sun is shining! Will throw open the windows soon and get the winter stink out of the house.

Not much happening around here... SSDD.... kitchen needs to be shined up and I should probably get dressed :lol: I've been working on my sample blocks for the sew along and they are turning out pretty cute I do have to say. Katy will start us off in a week or two... so keep your eyes open for her beginning post!

My brain just shut off... and I can't think of anything else to tell y'all... so think I'll get in gear!

Hope you all have a Great Monday

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:02 am

Good morning, today will be more of the same carried forward from the last few days. Tomorrow is follow up appt. with primary care doc. Will find out if I return to work Thursday or if he will be extending my leave for a couple more weeks. I may not make it here since my appt. is fairly early.

MaryZ, I am working on the wording and placement for the quilt label, but I haven't started stitching yet.

Prayers for Chickie and Kathy.

Have a blessed day.

Mary/Rosebud

Return to “Sew ins”