Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday, March 28th

Daily discussions.
suzette58

Sunday, March 28th

Post by suzette58 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:17 am

Good morning everyone.
Yesterday afternoon and into the night and this morning we have been having heavy rain, thunder and lightening. Chloe is hiding under the bed. We got our shots yesterday and I feel fine except for a sore arm. As long as we don’t have power problems today I will continue sewing the braids for the braid quilt. Well, I need my second cup of coffee. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Suzette

velvet

Re: Sunday, March 28th

Post by velvet » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:45 am

Good grey morning. No rain yet but I think for the next few days on and off rain. Great time for me, my DDS and DDIL are flying here tomorrow at 5pm. They are looking to move from Long Island. With building supply prices going thru the roof, they want to get under contract asap. My cousin is a realtor and they have a few places they want to see with her. Hope the weather plays nice while they search.

KATHY--I hope you are feeling better, it has been a very hard road for you. Know that you are in the prayers of many here.

Hope everyone has a nice Sunday.
Diane

Becca

Post by Becca » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:11 am

Hello everyone cloudy here rainy last night We are expecting cold weather again so sure today will be stormy
Suz We are having the same weather

Diane Enjoy your family Housing here is hard to find shortages all over our State
Our DGSs NewHome has been delayed by 21/2 months

Maryq That’s great about your new friend I love Horses One of our grands rides in competition
Must get going Church with start before too long
Have a wonderful day everyone Becca

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:13 am

Good morning everyone!

Glad to hear Kathy is once again home. Hoping this is a bit more permanent this time. Prayers for quick recovery.
Suzette any reaction to your second shot? My first shot was the worst, DH second shot took him off work for a day.
Jana love your idea! What is the concern with displaying the vaccine cards. I have not heard that.
Sharona I do try to nod off between calls. The other night the evening nurse was not able to follow up on two calls so I covered those and while I was out seeing them another call came in for a death. So sometimes we get backed up. The triage nurse has been notified that she can call another of the midnight nurses but they are so far away, I can usually get there faster even with the delay. Thank the good Lord Friday night I had no calls and was able to sleep!
Chriss how are you and those neighbor boys? What’s the latest from Marilyn?
Quilter called last night she is putting my Bohemia quilt on the frame. Guess I forgot to tell her what kind of batting! Maybe it will be ready today. Should have asked her how my UGRR was coming. Maybe it is done already and she is just waiting to finish both before having me pick them up.

I dried some herbs yesterday and then realized I had forgotten to buy the bottles. I put them in small mason jars for now and ordered through Amazon. Hoping they come today. I have a bunch more to do. Over the winter my Thyme, Italian Oregano and Sage just went to town. So I am drying what I can to trim them back. I love the smell in house when they are drying.

I got Dad’s labs back. His Kidney function has dropped a bit more. Hoping the doctor will address it this time. She just doesn’t seem to concerned about it. I am getting him to drink as much as I can but he is not real cooperative in that area. We also give him jello and soups. He does not want dialysis so maybe there is nothing to be done.

Well off to dry more herbs.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:16 am

Good morning!

It looks to be a beautiful Sunday here in the mountain west. That's a good thing! Maybe Spring will stick around. Church is in a little while. It is General Conference for us next weekend and the following Sundaty, from that, we can attend our meetings again in person. It has been a long time.

Not much here. My tulips and daffodils have poked up, getting ready to bloom. I will play in the Batt Cave.

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:17 am

Good morning It is late for us we laid in the warm bed listening to the rain and chating...next thing you know it s 8 am/ Ken is off to Colleens house I will work on the quilt...cutting with templates isnt the fun thing to do but I am too into it to quit..I just hope they go together ....Once I start sewing I may have to adjust....
Kitchen is gerring there they have a few more cabinets dry fitted...the sink cabinet took a whole day to get set...Colleen order a huge farmhouse sink and the cabinet had to be costom cut...the plumbing anf the disposal and they electrical all had to be custom...so it took all day. Ken hopes to get the entire thing hooked up today. He was very tired last night .
Well I need to get dressed and get breakfast....hope everyone is doing fine, we had rain all night,,,but no T & L so we are good...we need the water. XXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOO Hope Kathy can finally get mended.

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:41 am

Good morning,

We are home, unpacked, trailer cleaned, laundry done, everything restocked. Such a nice day we even sat on our deck for a while yesterday (near the patio warmer :D ). Our first "deck-sitting" of the season. Got a few cushions out for the chairs, which Mr. Foxy found immediately and settled in. Love coming home, but love going, too.

VAL - I can smell your herbs from here! Hope your dad is OK and happy. Sometimes it's hard for us to take off our nurse''s caps and put on our daughter hats. Been there, done that.

DIANE - so if your kids find a place to buy does that mean no more trips to LI?

SUZETTE, hope your weather plays nice today. I don't sew in T-storms. I shut my machine down and unplug it just to be safe.

JUDI - You will be surprised. Suddenly that quilt will start coming together. Your pattern must be older than mine because mine already has the corrections - though, as Lori said, the reindeer collars are a bit small. And you will LOVE having this beautiful quilt come next winter! How is Colleen feeling? Is she over her pneumonia yet? And how about Liam's ankle. How is he doing?

JANA = my daffodils are all in full bloom, and hyacinths, too. I planted a ton of bulbs last fall. My tulips are in bud, but I see not nearly as many as I planted. We have a lot of big fat gray squirrrels and they love tulip bulbs. Sigh. They leave the daffs alone because they are poisonous.

BECCA - Which grandson's house is delayed 2-1/2 months? Here, there has been such a residential building boom that the city finally put a moratorium on any new developments.

SHERRY - That King Sooper shooting was awful. Glad you are retired! My niece works 2 blocks down from that store in Boulder. And her brother lives in the neighborhood where the plane parts and pieces fell from the sky a few months ago.

MARY Q - I spent a happy hour in my sewing room yesterday organizing my SCRAPS. :D New projects are swirling in my brain! How is YOUR scrap organization coming along??

CHRISS - Did you get the Easter things for your neighbor boys? Sewing anything this weekend?

Today is supposed to be mostly rainy and 14 mph wind this afternoon. But a nice week ahead is forecast so I can deal with this. Our new bathroom floor is to be laid tomorrow morning so today Bill needs to finally pull the toilet, paint the wall behind it, and remove the last little bit of old flooring under the toilet. I can't wait to have this project finished! In the meantime, I'm organizing some fabrics in my sewing room and might get my blocks trimmed that I made while camping.

May your bobbin always be full!
mary z

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:12 am

Good morning.

Today will be online church and winding of floss bobbins. My floss order came in Friday. I stopped everything else in order to get the floss prepped for use. I find it much easier when I put it on floss bobbins than if I leave it in skeins.

Prayers for Kathy and Chickie. My heart goes out to both of you...

May God bring comfort to all on this beautiful day.

Mary/Rosebud

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:22 am

Mary, we have a gas heater on out patio for cooler weather. I go out with the boys in the afternoon and turn it on when it's cool. They just love to have mama out with them.

Judi, once you get everything cut, it goes together really fast. Have fun sewing.

Diane, our house prices here are through the roof. It's crazy what people are paying. The weather does make a difference.

Jana, I love the mountain there. It is so beautiful when the sun come up.

Valerie, I have to constantly cut my herb back. It's way more than I can use. I need to plant some basil now that it's warming up a bit, and my parsley is going to seed.

Suzette, are you doing the braid quilt for QIAD? I did 3 last year. Love that pattern.

I got my JN placemats done. Just need to layer and quilt them. I was actually think about putting them together as a runner instead.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
Lori 8-)

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:39 pm

Valerie -
As far as reactions to the second shot, my arm is sore and I am tired. Hubby has a sore arm as well. All in all we have done fine with both shots.
Suzette

Return to “Sew ins”