Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sat March 27

Daily discussions.
WeSignificant

Sat March 27

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:57 am

Good Morning, Happy Birthday to my Mom in Heaven! Happy Birthday also to Kathy!

Sleep is not coming easy tonight so decided to just get up. Lots of calls last night and I think I am just overtired. This is my last night so 2 off and I will be good as new! Dad got up for toileting so had to help him.

I am up to 12 Dresden Plates done. 8 more and then to figure out sashing and borders.

Ongoing prayers for Chickie, Kathy, Mary,

Has everyone had their vaccine? California is supposed to open up to all after April 15. We are still waiting to get DGS vaccinated. Then the whole house will be covered.

Thursday next week everyone goes for the annual fishing trip to the Delta in Rio Vista. Dad and I will stay here but visit occasionally. It's only about a 45 minute drive each way. He can see the baby. My son is also coming from South Dakota. I don't think Dad has seen him in several years now. The last time son was here, Dad lived in Washington. I haven't said anything to Dad in case something falls through.

Not much else going on. Really need to get some groceries today. Yesterday I should have gone to the base and grocer but just too tired. So today is the day.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Becca

Re: Sat March 27

Post by Becca » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:00 am

Good morning Valerie & all who follow
The sun is up & beautiful this morning Going to be a great day
KATHY Happy Happy Birthday to you Hope your day is special
Valerie Sure hope you can catch a nap you lead such a busy life So glad you will get to see family It’s been open here for everyone to get shots
Sherry I hope you get to go see your Son for Easter
I got sidetracked yesterday outside and never got to my cutting sashing Hope I do today
Prayers for Chickie Kathy & Rosebud
Becca

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:07 am

Good Morning Val, your nursing carrer makes me glad I retired, But I know how gratifying it can be,,,I really loved my patients.
I spent the day finishing up cleaning doing all the laundry, and making stuffed cabbage rolls for the freezer; By the time supper was cleaned up at about 7 I was ready for bed,,,but I know I would be up at 3,,,so I watched a movie called "Touched by Grace" what a good movie that was. I found it on youtube. I also watched "I am Gabriel" another good CHristian movie....the other night and both are very good.
TOday Ken will head to Colleens house to install more cabinets and maybe get her stove install the stove and refirgerator were delivered but the dishwasher will be a few months. I may go over there later for supper.
and to see if I cn be of any help/ If not I will have a sew day here,,,,I have gone into the cutting phase. There are a lot of pieces to cut and label . well Ken brought me coffee,,so I will see what he wants me to make for breakfast...hope you all have a great day,,,,,XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO Happy Birthday Kathy

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:00 am

Good morning everyone

Happy birthday to Kathy!

Judy, Kenn is really making progress on your DD’s kitchen! Will you be taking dinner tonight? How is Liam‘s foot? And how is Colleen feeling?

Valerie, I sure hope your fishing gathering happens without a hitch. You so deserve it!!

Becca, you must be having nice weather if you got sidetracked outside! I think next week we are supposed to see some sunshine at home too.

We had a very nice dinner with Bill’s sister and brother-in-law. I admired their lovely new home. The house across the little road of the development from theirs burned a month ago. That had to be scary all the neighbors. This morning we are going home ourselves. Should have the trailer empty and clean by noon with laundry going. Short trip means not too much work. I managed to finish all the blocks needed for my scrappy quilt and if I get in the sewing room this afternoon I will trim them. Fifty 8-1/2” blocks.

Mary q, have you finished your kerfluffle in your sewing rooms yet? When is your friend arriving?

I will be glad to be back to my computer again when we get home. So much easier to chat with you all! Enjoy your Saturday!

Mary z

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:01 am

Good morning good morning!

Happy Birthday Kathy!

A beautiful, marvy day here in the mountain west! The sun is up, shining and a few puffy clouds too. We will warm up a bit too.

Ethan was a big help, to me and Sarah. She got her paper written and I got things cleaned. He is a good helper.

Michael has a Dr appointment this morning, so I am on my own for a time. Humm, what trouble can I get into? LOL! Sarah and I already have plans for a run to the LQS on April 7th. That is the day my 2 week waiting period from the second shot is up. The shop I teach at moved a little ways down the road from where she was and is having a grand reopening and renaming the shop. Need to go and see the new place.

Stay safe! Enjoy the day!
Hugs ,
Jana

maryq

Post by maryq » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:25 am

Good Morning Girls

Yesterday turned out to be a beautiful day.... today... not so much, but the rain is welcome as it clears the air and turns the grass green again!

Valerie.... Do you try to sleep a little between phone calls, or do you just stay awake? I applaud you big time for the work you do. Especially that midnight shift. When I got my 2nd shot the other day, they nurse told me they have given over 10 thousand... and that's just my clinic system! So I imagine there's many more. I'm just so thrilled I've had no adverse reaction!

Becca... When it's a nice day for being outside... you have to take advantage of it! I wish I had the uumph to work outside like I used to but I can only do short spurts. But after a long winter it just feels so good to be OUT!!!!

Judi... Stove and refrigerator are important! Though I learned you can cook a lot of things in an electric fry pan if you have to. When Kevin was little he started a fire on my stove.. put that out of commission for a while.. Is Colleen feeling back to normal?

Marzy... Man that camping week went by fast ! Nice short trip with a beautiful change of scenery and visit with family! Yes, the kerfluffle is nearly done.. Not sure of exact date, by friend should be here Mid April. She had a small family emergency come up with her parents (they are celebrating their 70th Anniversary... can you imagine!) I do have a guest bedroom all ready for her.

Jana... Oh what fun .... to head out to the New And Improved Quilt Shop! (hey that's a good name for it! :lol: )

Today is definitely chore day... time to scrub floors and toilets.. and get Mr. Maytag going. Though I'm still in jammies, I do have one load in the wash.

Had such a great time yesterday visiting the horse farm... Vicki is such a sweet heart and is just kind of learning how to quilt. I showed her how to join us here at QIAD, so maybe she will. She makes beautiful tote bags and purses and gave me one I just LOVE, (it's navy blue :lol: :lol: ) I picked up some fabric I bought from her and have that in the wash. Her Mom was there visiting too, and here's a small world story. Vicki grew up in a little town in Wisconsin, about 30 miles from where my friend Viv lives now! Her Mom still lives there and is just here visiting. Viv goes up to the quilt shop in that town all the time! There was an ad on Marketplace on FB. a gal is selling fabric for $2. a pound! in Princeton, MN, which is where my brother lives... about 40 miles from me! Have NO idea all what she has, but Vicki and I are going to take a run up there next week and check it out. the gal said she does have cotton for quilters.... so we shall see!

For now my coffee is cold and I need to get my work clothes on (not much different than my daily uniform) and get to it...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATHY!!!! Hope you have a great day!

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:42 am

Good morning all! Just a quick stop in this morning. I wanted to wish Kathy a Very Happy Birthday!! Not much going on here today. Will watch Chicago-Loyola and Sister Jean on the basketball tournament today and then NASCAR Truck race at Bristol tonight. This weekend they brought in dirt at the Bristol track for a Truck race and a NASCAR main car race tomorrow. Haven't done that in 50 years. I love dirt track racing so will be watching. Mostly this weekend it will be a sports watching. Tomorrow my Michigan Wolverines play in the Sweet 16 and today the Michigan girls play. Won't be getting much done around the house.

Well better go get some breakfast for me and the furbabies. Hope everyone has a good and safe day.

Sherry

womster

Post by womster » Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:24 am

Kathy – happy birthday!

Prayers for Kathy, Chickie and Mary/Rose.

Valerie – sorry about the lack of sleep. I do hope that you’re able to sleep better on your two days off. The fishing trip sounds like a lot of fun for your family – like a mini family reunion. Good luck at the grocery store.

Becca – enjoy your beautiful day.

Judi – Colleen’s house sounds like it’s finally coming together. I bet she and her family can’t wait. Thanks for the movie recommendations – I will look for them. I watched ‘Risen’ and it was great.

Maryz – it’s wonderful that y’all had such a nice dinner. That would be very scary to have a house burn close to where they live. I know your house will be glad to have you home.

Jana – have a groovy day.

Maryq – it is a small world, isn’t it. Did you get to pet some horses?

Sherry – enjoy your sports-filled weekend.

My wagon is draggin’ – I wasn’t able to get to sleep but will definitely be napping soon. I have my crochet class this afternoon. Maryz – I found out what you meant about that rough yarn cutting your hands. I went out to my sewing hole and found some really soft yarn – makes it SO much easier. Not much else happening. Have a glorious day! xoxo Sharona

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:37 am

One of my wild hair brained ideas- we have been told not to carry or display our vaccine cards - safety issues, but what if we started a movement in wearing a ribbon, like the beast cancer awareness ribbons? Maybe a polka dot ribbon in a bright cheery color? Yellow polka dots on white?

What do you think? Those on FB could start the ball rolling.

Jana

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:28 pm

Afternoon everyone.
We went and got our second shots this morning. I was planning on sewing when we finished lunch but we had some really bad storms. Some areas have had hail the size of golf balls. Right now it looks ok so I may head downstairs to sew. I hope everyone has a good rest of the day.
Suzette

Return to “Sew ins”