Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday, March 25th

Daily discussions.
suzette58

Thursday, March 25th

Post by suzette58 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:44 am

Good morning everyone.
Yesterday was a busy day for us. We are getting new floors in 2 of our bathrooms. The topcoat on the old floors is wearing off and it is sticky. Time to change. Today sometime we are supposed to get another storm. So hopefully I can get some sewing done before it hits. I have to get my strips for the braid quilt sorted and cut. Then I can start sewing. For once before I have started sewing I know how I am going to quilt it. I have something to make you guys laugh. This morning I got up and turned on the coffee pot and took the dogs out. We came back in and I was picking up their bowls to feed them and realized the coffee was running all over the counter. I forgot to put the pot on the maker. HA-HA
Suzette

fabricgirl

Re: Thursday, March 25th

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:29 am

Good morning Suzette and all who follow,

Today we are suppose to be 70* that will nice but will not open windows or doors because of pollen :roll:

We are doing uglies today so no sewing till maybe this afternoon.

Suzette i had water pouring out where the single serve would be so we had to replace our coffee maker .

Mary Z lone star is giving me fits so will put it on the side till I can figure it out.

Well there is no more to report everyone have a great day prayers go out to all.
Lois

velvet

Post by velvet » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:14 am

Good morning to all.
Today I'm going to the other Diane's and get some QOV kits cut and packaged. It will be my 1st time since Jan. and I'm happy to get back to doing things. The presentations went great, it was wonderful to see the vets and families smile. Everyone has been alone for so long especially the elderly vets. So today is my happy day and hope you all have something to make you smile.

Suzette-you are not alone in the "how did that happen club" but what a mess to have to clean.

Pollen is a real pest here. You can see the green in the ponds YUK!! Would like to open windows but not going to happen.

Well, off for coffee and shower then off to play in the magic of fabrics.
Diane

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:21 am

Good morning ladies every morning I try to get on here and post and then get busy with something been working on some UFOs in the sewing room early in the morning while everyone still sleeping.

Getting ready to take all the babies of their mamas this weekend yesterday took one of the babies to a new farm we had swapped boys in so she picked out one of my boys for her farm so I took a Pooh to her this week yesterday.

Got to make DD her Easter dress so I pull the fabric that Mary sent me and have the pattern laid out so hopefully this weekend I get it cut out.

I loaded a quilt on the long arm yesterday morning also so trying to figure out how I want to quilt it it’s one I’ve had an up on the shelf I’m trying to get all of my floppy quilted this year

Nothing else new here so I’m gonna go read your post and catch up on all you girls.

Hope chickie and Kathy are feeling better and getting back on the high road galloping along and back in her sewing room

Hugs 🤗 prayers🙏 Happy stitching 🧵
🐐izzy

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:22 am

Good morning we are expecting raid later today high near 60 typically spring here, Maybe next week I will get outside to do some spring cleanup...oh aqnd then there are those pesky windows to do again. I wont strt them yet, I cleaned the whole upstair yeserday and the downstairs needs to be started today..A run to the grocery store and then some sewing,,,,I started to read the "so this is Christmas" quilt. Looks simple enough but confusing there are 10 reindeer,,,but she has you cutting 15,,,,and the trees with a template??? not sure I like this so far,,,,but I will make it as the finished product is so cute. those of you who have made this quilt ( i think there are 2 of you) what am I missing?
Well I need to get started,,,see you back here in the sewing room later XXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOO
we can still open windows here except they are still in winter mode with the storm windows...Pollen is coming,
Suzeete I hsvr done that. now we use a kuerig, so no overflo.

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:04 am

Good morning,

Raining here at the beach again this morning but blue skies are coming! Yesterday was a wet one so we stayed in most of the day and I sewed on my scrappy project. And in the afternoon we went for a drive checking out the area like we do every year. There are lots of cranberry bogs here. The Ocean Spray plant is only a few miles away. Today, we will take a drive south to the tiny town of Tokeland. Maybe we will have lunch there.

Judy, I am trying to remember the pattern. I will check it when I get home but you may need to remind me. I know the trees are pieced. But I think Lori said she wants to make this quilt again but might applique the trees. I like the pieced ones

Izzy, so glad that fabric is going to have a happy home. An Easter dress for your DD sounds perfect

Suzette, sorry about the coffee water. I’ve done that before too. Our new bathroom floor will be installed on Monday. They are also replacing the carpet on our stairway. Can’t wait to have those two projects finished

Diane, have a super Duper day! I think we all will be looking for Andover fabric now! They deserve our patronage

This is our last full day here. We have to leave early tomorrow morning and we’ll drive about 30 miles inland and spend one more night near bills sister. We have to get to our next campground, drop the trailer, and drive another 15 miles to the Warm factory to pick up our batting order before noon. They close at noon because of Covid. And then we will go to bills sisters house for dinner. Going home Saturday morning

I might be able to get in a little bit of sewing today. The pattern I am working on is all scrappy 4-patches and larger half square triangles. I have 30 HSTs to press open and trim and I am ready to start assembling blocks.

Piece!

Mary z

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:14 am

Good morning all. Nothing new here. We are one week away now. Will be heading to summer home next Thursday AM.
Oh Suzette, so sorry for the mess. I do so many things like that. I sympathize, for sure.
Getting my coffee and check out the news and happenings. Be back later.
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:41 am

Judi i have that pattern and all the fabric but I just haven't made it yet my pattern says cut 5 bodies 1 way then 5 reverse maybe be there is a mistake on your pattern.
I hope this helps.

Lois.

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:48 am

Good morning everyone rainy here
Got lots done yesterday & Cleaning lady got house cleaned
Diane I don’t have a suggestion for your label but she is so deserving of so much more Give her my thanks & I will sure look for Andover
Suz Sorry about your meds
Izzy Good to hear from you
All others have a wonderful day and stay dry Pollen is starting here
Prayers for Kathy Chickie & Rosebud
Becca

maryq

Post by maryq » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:07 am

Good Morning Girls

" Oh what a beautiful morning.... oh what a beautiful day" Ok, imagine that sung to you by some body who CAN sing and you'll have a much better day!

Suzette... Oh dear... I don't mean to laugh at your coffee tragedy, but I did just a little because I can't tell you how many times I have done the same thing... haven't we all! When you speak of your braid quilt, it makes me what to find where I put the one I started.... maybe I'll try again?

Lois... Sometimes that best... just set the project aside for a bit.. then miraculously, when you bring it back out everything will go together just perfectly... at least that's the hope right?

Diane..... How is your foot doing... all healed up from surgery? Happy for you that you get to see the other Diane and get back to kit making... You have lots of people that will sew them together for you?

Izzy..... A new Easter outfit for your DD? How fun.... When I was in high school and sewing clothes... I remember making my sis and I both new outfits for Easter. Though I won't tell you how many times I swore a little when things weren't going together right!

Judi.... Oh darn, you're right.. it's almost window washing season again! Seems like we just did it, doesn't it. Might have to get just a tad warmer here before I start that project!

Maryz.... Oh how I wish shipping weren't so expensive... I would so love a huge roll of W & N... it's my favorite batting. I'd have you grab me a roll too! 30 HST's to square up! UGH.... I'm working on the sew along, making sample blocks... and squaring up hst's is NOT my favorite thing to do!

Velda.... Are looking forward to getting back to your own place? And getting your sewing machine set up? Will be nice to see your church group again too I bet.

Becca.... Isn't it wonderful to have a cleaning lady! When the kids were in school and I was working full time... husband suggested a cleaning lady and I jumped at it.. It was so nice to come home to clean house... though with kids it didn't last long.. :lol: Am so glad you have one there to help you out.

Probably won't see the sewing room today.. Need to shower up and get ready to go get my 2nd shot. Am so hoping I don't have a reaction to it... as I have fun plans for tomorrow. And I really need to stop on my way home for a few groceries (ok a lot :roll: ) Was thinking about a quick run up to the fabric warehouse... tee hee. but will probably wait until next week... I need a little more backing fabric for a couple UFO's.

So... off I go... wishing you all a wonderful Thursday! See you tomorrow

Return to “Sew ins”