Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday, March 25th

Daily discussions.
WeSignificant

Re: Thursday, March 25th

Post by WeSignificant » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:26 am

Good morning all!

Maryq love that song. I will probably sing it all day now! Miss those old musicals.
Suzette I have done that same thing! What a mess it can make. I was also looking in the fridge the other day for my scrubs. Oh my, they were not there!
Lois we are starting to warm up here too. Looking at the seventies and soon getting close to 80
Diane I so appreciate what you do for the vets. Hoping one day I can find something like that here.
Izzy sounds like DD will have a wonderful Easter with a new dress! Haven't had one in ages. I did make sure my DD had bought my DGGD one. I found her a purse. It's cute,
Grammie yes that sounds a bit confusing. I thought there was only 8 reindeer and Rudolph?
Maryz be safe out there with all that driving. But above all, have fun!
Vel can you get some coffee for me too please?
Becca can you please send cleaning lady here too!

Covid test day for me, we are still doing weekly even though we have had the vaccine. This is becoming cumbersome every week. Haven't been able to get an appt here in town, I am thinking that site might have closed.
DD is here with DGD so will likely do some sewing with her. I have 12 dresden plates done. 8 more to go! Contemplating sashing and borders.

Not too much else going on here. Regular routine.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:29 am

Good morning, plans for today are to contact HR services and extend my leave of absence if possible. The gastroenterologist had the camera scan scheduled yesterday for mid April to check the middle intestines. I have a weeks worth of things I have to get done in preparation for it, which I'm not sure would be possible during work hours if I go back to work. My thinking is it would be silly to go back to work for a week, then have to take another week off. Anyway, we will see what transpires.
In the meantime I continue to work on the wedding quilt.

Suz-I have done that before, but my thing was not closing the coffee/filter holder...

MaryZ-Enjoy your outing to Tokeland.

Everyone have a blessed day.

Mary/Rosebud

womster

Post by womster » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:56 am

Good gravy Marie this has been a busy week. Yesterday we had to run errands (including Costco) and now today DH has a doctor's appt (virtual) and then we drive across town so I can get my first shot. I haven't had time to do anything fun :o - hopefully today is the last day we have to run around. Have a glorious day! XOXO Sharona

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:01 am

Good morning!

First, let me post this disclaimer, I am not responsible for anything this post may say or do!

My arm is quite sore at the spot of the shot and I am moving and thinking slowly. Otherwise I think I am normal. Michael is attempting to make his breakfast. He is not adept at much in the kitchen. He eats a cooked cracked wheat cereal every morning, so we will see if that happens. Me, a bowl of Cheerios will suffice.

Sarah got some good news. It seems that as part of her degree, she has to work as a intern in her field. The director of the internship program agreed that her current job of handling and running the sod company more than qualifies. So she is locking in all of the things needed for graduation.

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:50 pm

Good evening, look who finally showed up to the party. between work and walking after work there just is no time.

Suzette, ugh, what a coffee mess you had this morning. I probably would have said a bad word. It probably would have started with a C and ended with a rap. recently we had to replace my coffee maker. We are a two coffee maker house here. Jerry and I like different brands of coffee, Yuban and Folgers. He bought me a new coffee maker, it's not a Mr. Coffee like his is. Mine makes a pot of coffee so much slower than his does.

Lois, I haven't started Bearadise yet either, but like you I am collecting the patterns, also collecting the table runner patterns. Did you see the cute gnomes on Missouri quilt site? the Valentines one is adorable.

Diane, hope you and Diane got lots done. bet it was a work and chat day,

Izzy, I made Marilyn a dress once, it was a tank top style dress. There were directions to add a flounce and when I googled flounce up came floosy and other such definitions. I asked here and Carol told me what a flounce was. It was already too late, I didn't add it to the dress.

Judi, ugh, windows. I think I will do mine this year, I really need new screens, mine are about 25 years old and just awful. looking forward to seeing that reindeer quilt.

Maryz, the hst/four patch quilt would be a great scrap buster. you go girl. hope you got your batting and had a great visit with your sister. Between the rain and the moist ocean air my hair would frizz up so much. I've been to Banning Oregon and seen cranberries, it was a nice trip, we came home from Oregon on hwy 1. but now it's got a hole in it.

Becca, hope all you got was a little rain. Thank you for the Kathy update. I have been awful and not called her in a while. Seems like whenever I think of it it's too late. I need to write myself a note.

Maryq, do you wake up singing? I do sometimes. Glad you got your second shot. and also glad you got groceries. all is right in your world. I am looking forward to seeing what you girls come up for a sew along. you are so right, postage is crazy expensive.

Valerie, enjoy the kids, make sure my smooches get added with yours. I would love to see a picture of DGGD in her Easter dress. I always bought Marilyn dresses for her holidays and birthdays. it's fun to dress up little girls.

MaryRose, Hope your leave gets extended. and hope they figure it all out, still keeping you in my prayers.

Sharona, it really has been a busy week. a lot of crazy all over the place. but tomorrow is Friday and right at 3:30 pst I will be having a weekend.

Jana, hope the sore goes away from that arm soon. yay for Sarah, perfect that she gets to "intern" in her own company.

Velda, I have probably asked and you have probably answered but how many kids do you have and how spread out are they? Not sure why I thought you were going to Texas but hope you get snuggled in in Shelbyville. Every time you say Shelbyville I think of the time we were there and Jerry's uncle caught the biggest catfish I had ever seen. it was huge. Really a nice area there.

Once again I am caught up with you all, hope you have had a great week and your weekend is even better.

Chriss
Psalm 91

Return to “Sew ins”