Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wedneday March 24,2021

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Wedneday March 24,2021

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:41 am

good mornin all it is still dark so I dont know what the weather is,,,but I am hoping for another sunny day, warm would be good too.
I think I hve most of the laundry done and most of the camper unpacked.. Ken is back to work but I still have house cleaning to do...that will be today. I was also up before 6 and think a nap will be in my future too. the good news is I did make it into the sewing room last night to get all the camp project stuff put away. Next on my list is to make binding for the 2 finished projects,,,and to take my babylock in for repairs...I will call them today to see if they are still opened...(you never know)
My dear friend is home from the hospital and not feeling very well..but getting better her husband is still in the hospital.. prayers for them are still needed, we feel very blessed to have the vaccine and although we are cautious we can breath a little easier around people. and a few more hugs are good too.
Well I need coffe to fuel this day,,,,take care everyone ..XXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOO

fabricgirl

Re: Wedneday March 24,2021

Post by fabricgirl » Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:08 am

Good Morning Judi and all who follow,

We are getting rain today so its a good day to stay in wash clothes and sew.

JUDI I will be glad when we get our second shot so that we can let our hair down just a little whatever that is.

Chris no I didn't start bearadice yet I'm just collecting it for now along with the table runners.

Well thats all the news for now everyone enjoy your day prayers go out to all.

Lois

Becca

Post by Becca » Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:48 am

Good morning everyone still dark
KATHY update she went to Dr yesterday they are setting up her reversal surgery She was happy about that She still has no energy And her car has dead battery and needs inspection
Kim is gaining strength
Judi Glad all’s well at your house and you Are getting back to normal
Lois Looks like it may be rain here too
I have hair cut library pick up Beths Bakery
& few items at grocery
Have a wonderful day
Thanks to All who wished me a Happy birthday yesterday I appreciated all my wishes Cards & messages Everyone is so kind & caring Of course moat quilters always are
Becca

velvet

Post by velvet » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:14 am

Good morning to all.
Kathy-hope this operation helps get you get to health.

Becca-do you feel a year older today? Hope yesterday you had a few minutes to yourself.
Daryl is the brand manager for ANDOVER fabric NYC. She is a friend of my DD and was told of my QOV top making. In the last couple of years she has sent me beautiful fabrics (Hundreds of yards-some full bolts) What can't be used for QOV, I gave to other community groups. For example --80 pillowcases for Fostering Hope-children's center, quilts for the volunteer firehouse. Quilts for the women's PTSD units. The 2 presentations at the Museum last 2 weekends was using her fabric. We gave 35 quilts to our vets during that time. (4 will go to the PTSD unit). So a total of 39 using donated beautiful fabric from a woman I have never met or spoken to. We will meet finally at my DD's house when we go to LI in a few weeks.
I made her a quilt and Pat our LAER did beautiful quilting. A label saying thank you is not enough as I want her to know how much I appreciate her for QOV and others.

Sorry I went on so long, any ideas would be welcomed.
Diane

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:45 am

Good "Hump-Day" Morning to all!
Diane: just expressing that Thank is not enough, says a lot in itself. I am not good a clever phrases. Just speak from the heart, your message will be clear.
Judi: Glad to hear you are getting caught up after vacation. Hope you can sew a bit.
Lois: we got our rain last night. Boy, I could hear it pouring out during the night. Haven't heard how much yet.
All the plants I replanted will be loving the nice soaking rain.
Hope to get back to outdoor projects again.
Got my hair trimmed yesterday. Funny how it always makes me just feel better.
Becca and Maryz: I am glad you both had lovely celebrations. I wish my family lived closer. The older I get, the more I hate that we are all so far apart.
Looking forward to starting a new sewing project when we get settled in at Shelbyville. Might start back on mission quilts for church. I expect our group will begin to meet again soon. More people are getting shots and we all are careful to wear masks.
Enjoy your day. Sending hugs.
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:57 am

Good morning
Thank you for all the birthday wishes yesterday. It was a very nice day. We visited a winery, drove into Aberdeen for propane, got to sit and wait at a train crossing for 45 minutes, had a campfire back at camp and dinner was cooked for us by our friends. And I was able to talk to my daughters. A Good day to turn 70!

I was happy to hear Kathy will be having her reversal surgery. At one point she did not think that would happen. Plus, I know she has been worried about Kimberly so that is also good news. Thanks for the update, Becca.

Judi, it takes a while to get completely resettled, doesn’t it. Glad you are back in the sewing room!

Diane I think you already said it - thank you isn't enough. Unless you want to add the final total people helped with all that donated fabric

Lois, how goes the Lonestar?

Lyn, yes, I was quite the little Fisher-girl in my single digits. Until my dad made a rule that we had to eat what we caught. I quickly became a fan of catch and release.

SHARONA, you will be having quite a houseful soon. But what a blessing. how soon are your parents coming to you?

Chriss, that is the way our house is too. We have our bedroom and the other three bedrooms are office, sewing, quilting and storage. We have no extra beds and no couches either. Just a loveseat. Any company we have tends to bring their own bedroom with them

Today is supposed to be pretty rainy here. We still have not gotten to the actual beach. In a short walk we can see it but we can’t get there from here. Msybe today between showers we will make it. I might get out my sewing machine if it’s going to be rainy today as predicted.

Happy today!

Mary z

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:13 am

Good morning ladies
I have been working hard on sew along blocks and questions for contest. Maryq I know is working on hers . Boy they look different. lol Cant wait to see yours. I believe we are going to call the sew along " Tribute to Eleanor" . The first question will be posted soon. I actually got ahead of my schedule due to rain. Thank you Mother nature.
I cannot work in flower gardens for same reason. I have daffodills in bloom. I have decided some of the flower gardens need to go . My back just will not allow me to keep them all .
I have even slowed down my cleaning schedule. I prefer sewing along with you. :D
I did order some flowering bushes from QVC . These will take the place of flowers I still have to take care of my hummingbirds. The little darlings will be here before I know it.
Vel I have not decided to get a proffesional hair cut yet. I think I would like to go short.
Becca and Maryz A belated birthday to both of you
Kathy Prayers go out for you every day. I hope you get back feeling good.
Lois Yep Rain Rain and More Rain. Well at least my sewing room has quit yelling at me.
Judi glad to here you can join me in sewing room. I love to go on vacation but I love getting home and need
elf or fairy to do all the chores.
Well I need another cup of coffee and then a few chores before another block
You all have a great sewing day
Katy
Ps Maryz When will you be home again Dont want you to miss out on contest.

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:22 am

Good morning,
Just lost my whole post! I do not know what I hit but Jeez!

Real quick

1. UP until this past Monday, I have been the only one doing mad monday. Another women showed up this week. That was wonderful

2. Dad's appt went ok. He will have labs on Friday, Abd sonogram on the 8th, referral to GI and eye doctor.

3. My new car came yesterday. 2021 Toyota Camry, no miles on it! No navigation but I have google maps on my phone. They pay up to $75 a day in gas, the insurance and maintenance. I have the card but haven't used it. There is an app on my phone that works in conjunction with the car so will need to figure that out. So far they say no mileage restrictions. It's a cute little car. Fits my sewing stuff so ......

Anyway, lost all my time with poofy message so gotta go now. Caregiver coming soon and I still have to eat and dress.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:57 am

Good morning!

Today is my second shot. Glad to get it in one way, not looking forward to being poked! Then the 2 week waiting and then back to some asemblence of normal. Like the inside of a quilt shop!

Finished my new tote and will switch over to using it this morning.

We had fun blowing up balloons and decorating Sandee's front porch yesterday. She was surprised as she drove into her driveway.

Not much new here,
Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

maryq

Post by maryq » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:27 am

Good Morning Girls

Sorry I missed you all yesterday... I hit the ground running yesterday... Kevin came over and we got busy rearranging furniture and moving a lot of stuff out to garage. Man I love that boy! I did get a guest room fixed up for my BFF... now I just wait until she lets me know what day she is actually flying in.

Judi... Good Idea to call repair shop first. I drove all the way down to my guy and found out the hard way he was closed... he'd been exposed and closed for a while. You do have a back up machine right? Prayers for your friends... Covid?

Lois.. Raining all day here too... but it's a good sign that spring is here and before long I'll be able to see the tree budding new leaves. Puts a kink in my plans to go get groceries... so I may join you and sew instead!

Becca... Thanks for the Kathy Update! I really need to call her and check in. Beth is your grand daughter? How cool you have your own "personal" baker! :lol: I do love good bakery bread!

Diane.... Normally I don't pay much attention to the brand of the fabric... but I will now... I'll watch for Andover fabric and make use of it as much as I can! How great is that, that they donate so much to QOV and other causes! For me, it's the feel of fabric that determines if it's "the good stuff". The warehouse I go to carries a lot of Timeless treasures.

Velda.... So true.. there is just something about getting a hair cut.. just makes me for like a whole new woman. When I get mine cut and colored (blonde streaks to camo the gray) I call it my annual over haul! My friend Viv hasn't had a shop hair cut since Covid began, so when she was here I trimmed a couple inches for her (I was a beautician in my 1st life) .

Maryz... Sorry I missed your birthday here yesterday... but you did get my text.. Good to hear you survived turning 70.... It's not far off for me, and I have to say I'm not happy about it! But on the hand.. what's the alternative! Just makes me realize I need to make every day count!

Katy... Had to take a break from my sample blocks yesterday to clean up. But the good news is I found some more colors for mine, so that's something I can check off my shopping list at the warehouse, though I still need to go there for a few other things. Have to pay bills today, so that will determine how much fabric shopping I'll do.

Valerie.... Congratulations on your new car! Camry's are nice cars and are so very smooth!!! I suppose the GPS thing on the car is an extra... My car doesn't have it either, but I just set my phone up on a thingee on the dashboard. Most important.. you can get all your sewing stuff in it!

Jana.... Hope all goes well for your 2nd shot. I get mine tomorrow and am hoping I don't get any reactions from it! I'm hoping to meet a friend for coffee on Friday! What's the latest on your bed? My Kevin is waiting for a new couch ... last he heard.. part of it is here, the other parts could be May or June! Crazy isn't it!

Catching up from yesterday:

Mary/Rose... I used basting spray all the time.. I've tried several brands, but the best if 505. Only problem is.. it's the most expensive, but it works the best and has minimal icky smell. I still pin, but it really helps keeping layers together.

Sharon... Sounds like you will be having some guests too. It's quite task to move parents.. hope it all goes well for you.

Chriss... Yes a guest room is all set up. I have 3 bedrooms down stairs and none had beds until last fall when Tom and Viv delivered an extra set of bunk beds to me! Thought they would be handy for when/if Jen and Eli came to visit. We took them apart yesterday and made 2 rooms with beds. But man oh man, you should see the mess left behind in the 3rd bedroom! I would just love it if I could get my siblings to come and take stuff they want! My brother is going to come get my Gramma's Sewing machine.. but he's in Puerto Vallarta right now.. poor guy! :lol: :lol:

Well, here it is 10:30... I'm still in jammies. Since I decided to postpone grocery shopping until tomorrow (when it's NOT raining) I better get in gear. There's stuff all over that I have been sorting into "keep" piles and "garage sale" piles... I can only stand the mess so long.. then it drives me nuts... and I'm leaning towards NUTS!

Wishing you all a Wonderful Wacky Wednesday

Return to “Sew ins”