Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday March 22,2021

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Monday March 22,2021

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:51 am

Good morning Everyone,
Up early having coffee watching the news just enjoying some quiet time.
Today there are no plans everything is all caught up for the most part so I will probably be in the sewing room still working on my appliques for the lone star .

Well thats all the news for today I hope everyone has a great day prayers go out to all.

Lois

grammiequilts

Re: Monday March 22,2021

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:59 am

Good morning I missed you all. We are home and partially unpacked. I have enough laundry to do to keep me out of the sewing room for days. Its like moving from one place top another,, We had a good trip home after the truck was repaired. and even got to see Liam on his 13th birthday...his voice ius deeper and he is taller. Weather here is the same a Florida...LOL so we are feeling good. Ken is sleeping in today but Im sure he will be up in a few and head to the rink///THey missed him but I think He missed them too. Hope you are all well and when I get a few I will read back the last couple of days to see how all are doing....News on Kathy, Maryrose, and Chickie??? have a wonderful day XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:18 am

Good morning,

BECCA - Happy Birthday! Hope your day is as wonderful as you are! Have a piece of cake for me!

LOIS - Are you doing your applique by machine or hand?

SHARONA - oh, I'm no cake expert! lol! I HAD to make my DD's wedding cake because her husband's sister, who was trying to get a deli business up and running, said she would do it as a wedding gift to them. Well, she got mad at her brother a week before the reception and told him he could make his own xxxx cake! Aut called me in tears. BAkeries laughed when she said she needed that big a cake in a week. So Mom to the rescue. Our grocery store bakery stored the layers in their freezer and then decorated it and delivered it to the reception. I still have the set of four square pans if you need to borrow them! lol! My neck gets sore from doing any hand work, too. Even though I've been doing it all my life. And I gave up doing anything with yarn because the yard running through my fingers rubs them raw. How you doing on snow?

MARY ROSE - well, it sounds like your medical appts were positive ones. Keep up the good work! I can't imagine designing your own X-st patterns! You must be an artist!

JANA - I never used to park my car in the garage, but when I married Bill he was horrified that my car sat out in the weather, so he cleaned up the garage and put an automatic opener on the door. SO NICE!! My car never sat outside again! It's been 2 weeks since our 2nd vaccinations but we still take all the precautions. But we are seeing a few friends again IF they've also been vaccinated.

DIANE - at our house, the garage isn't just man territory. It's also garden area, canning central, overflow pantry, woodshed, and more. And the cardboard boxes seem to multiply overnight! My hubby, bless his heart, just dumps junk anywhere and leaves it - lawn chairs, 5 gal buckets, sprayer, wheelbarrow, etc. I give him about 4 months or until it begins to encroach on the car, and then I deal with it all. But I never touch his tools or his workbench.

JUDI - welcome home!!

MARY Q - how goes your reorganization?

CHRISS - Love your Easter plans. So fun to have little people next door. Will you see your parents and/or Rich on Easter?

I tried to call Kathy yesterday, but it went to voice mail. I left a message but got no call back. Has anyone else called her? Her birthday is coming up Sat, March 27.

We will be hitting the road this morning probably around 9~ish. No rush because it's only a 2-1/2 hr drive. We can get into our site if it's vacant, but if it's not, they have until noon to vacate it so no need to arrive too early. Since I haven't used my travel machine in several months I wanted to try it out and make sure I had all the cords, feets, bobbins, etc in the case. And since I had a few spare hours yesterday, I pulled out scraps and started working on a scrappy pattern I found in an old magazine. And now I'm hooked on doing that quilt top. It's composed of 4-1/2 inch 4P's and HST's. I have a large bin of 2-1/2" squares and 5" squares so it's a good use for them. It's a great camping project and will be a donation quilt next Christmas for one of our local care facilities.

You all will hardly know I'm gone as I'll maybe have my computer with me, but for sure my phone. I'll check in when I can.

Piece!
mary z

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:02 am

Mary z by machine have a great getaway enjoy your sew time.

Happy Birthday Becca 🎁 πŸŽ‚ 🎊 πŸ₯³ πŸŽ‰ 🎈.

Lois
Last edited by fabricgirl on Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:12 am

Good morning!

It's frozen tundra - again! Cold enough to add another blanket. Spring? Not here. Yesterday was a doozy for Aaron. All the bridges and overpasses were iced over, causing accidents. One crash, involved 15 cars, three troopers vehicles and almost a Aaron. He was called in early for help. Aaron was out of his big truck, laying out cones to close down lanes on the freeway, when a lady driver, not paying attention to anything, realized that her lane was coned off, and there was a semi next to her, where she needed to change lanes over too, well, ice, and speed don't mix. She hit the brakes, and didn't stop, blowing right through Aaron's cone line, gathering up about 10 or more cones with her car, slid into a troopers vehicle and took out a come that was still in Aaron's hand - he was about to put it out on the ground! Thank goodness, she missed him! Everyone was OK, including the K-9 puppy in the trooper's vehicle. I can't imagine how you could not see that big old truck of Aaron's, with it's sign board up, flashing a big warning arrow, as well as all the red lights flashing too! Sheesh! Hopefully today it will be a tad bit safer out there. Even the Colonel, the head of the UHP came out on the news,, and told the drivers to slow down! Not the normal PIO, public information officer, but the head of all UHP! There's a joke here in Utah, by us, who learned to drive, in other places, that goes, pray for me, I drive in Utah. You can tell out on the road, native Utah drivers!

Hopefully a quiet sewing day here. Not much else.

Happy Birthday Becca! Enjoy your special day and pampering by your family! They love you, and so do we!

Hugs,
Jana - with more gray hairs!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:20 am

JANA - OMG!! Thank goodness Aaron's angel reported for work yesterday!! If he stay at this job for much longer you may have to talk to the folks at Nice'n'Easy to step up production!

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:54 am

Good morning,

Lois I often get up in the wee hours and enjoy the quiet and solitude. Just before sunrise is my favorite part of the day
Judi glad you made it home safe and sound. Maybe the Maytag fairies will visit so you can have some sew time
Maryz have a great trip.
MaryRose good to hear better news. Keep up the good work!
Jana that is a horrible story except for the part that Aaron was missed! Scares you even when you hear it after the fact. I don't know why people don't just slow down with those sorts of conditions. Where do they have to be that they have to get there 10 min sooner. Wonder if she had a some alcohol or something. God looking out for him!

Will go to LQS for MAD Monday for just a few hours. Dad has tele appt today at 3:30. Also hoping the Dr. (military) has signed his form for the VA. Will need to go pick that up. Not sure of schedule next few days. I am signed up for free sew but now they say my work car will be there Tuesday. We will see. Hoping to prep quilt for quilter today sometime so I can drop it to her tomorrow.

Well caregiver should be here soon so I will get. More coffee needed also.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

maryq

Post by maryq » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:59 am

Good Morning Girls

YEAH, We have a sunny day and high of 55*! The rest of the week cools down and we get some rain! Ok by me... as long as it ain't snow I'm happy!

First of all. ***** HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR BECCA!! ******* I'd sing to you, but it would change your day from a happy one to a "not so happy day" I do so hope you have a great day!

Lois..... Is it a pretty good feeling to have everything else caught up? What's that like? :lol: :lol: Even with all I am working on around here, I laid awake last night trying to figure out which fabric to use for another quilt idea I have!

Judi.... OH so glad to see you are home safe and sound! Will likely take you a few days to get your groove back... hope you have a good supply of laundry detergent on hand. :lol: :lol:

Maryz..... Still re-organizing... but get so easily distracted! I actually took a little break from it all yesterday and sewed for a little while. Working on my sample blocks for the sew along. Wishing you a Happy Birthday a day early. ... .and a wonderful camping trip!

Jana....I don't care much for driving in snow.... but when you tell us stories of Aaron out there on slippery roads and crazy drivers, I really get a knot in my stomach.. and I'm not his mother! No wonder you are getting gray hairs! I sure give officers and first responders a LOT of credit for doing that job on bad roads etc. Give Aaron my thanks for his service.

Valerie... There are Maytag fairies? How do I sign up for them to come to my house?? Actually I could use a big tough heavy-lifting fairy... can I sign up for one of those? In a few minutes I'm going to go post 2 more UFOs that are done! Can't take all the credit, Viv quilted them for me.

Chriss... You've pretty much described my garage! When we moved in here, Dex built a big high shelf across the back of the garage and that's where most of the Christmas stuff goes.. Though now I need Kevin to come haul it down every year. Big shelf units line the right side wall... that's where most of the GS stuff is... There's a ton of stuff I just don't know what to do with! Stuff I'm not ready to let go of... like my Mom's china and a collection of depression glass... some was my grand mothers. None of my kids want that stuff.

Sharon... I was talking to my BFF in Denver yesterday and she was describing the snow you were getting. Her DD was visiting from CA last week for the HUGE storm and had to reschedule her flight back to CA. She's trying to reschedule her doctor appointments so she can come visit me! First time since 1987!!!!

MaryRose.... Good news that you've gotten some positive test results.. Do I remember correctly that there was some surgery in your future? Will send some prayers your way!

Tomorrow Kevin is coming to help me relocate some heavy furniture and rearrange so I can have a real guest room again.. not just a bed to throw quilts on. I need to get ahold of the lady from the U of M Cancer center to meet her to give her about 10 finished quilts of various sizes. That will make some room! Since it looks like it's going to be a nice day.. I SHOULD hike myself out to garage to work on GS stuff.. BUT.. there's inside messes I need to take care of too! The gremlins have been busy at my house! And like me they have ADD so they go from one place to another !

So here I go... Wishing you all a Marvelous Monday!

womster

Post by womster » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:36 am

Good morning!

Another drive-by - I was SO hoping my dental cleaning would be postponed because of all the snow (10" and it's still coming down), but they got the main roads plowed so I guess I have to go. :cry:

Lois - enjoy your 'day off'.

Judi - We're so glad you're home!

Maryz - that was awesome of you to make the cake. That sister sounds like a bit of a brat. Happy trails to you!

Jana - so glad everyone is ok.

Valerie - have fun at MAD Monday.

Maryq - I sure hope your BFF can get things rearranged. I'm excited for both of you for her visit.

Becca - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Have a glorious day. xoxo Sharona

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:58 am

Good morning. I got the quilt top finished last night and took a quick measurement. It is measuring 116x128 finished. Now I need to figure out how to do the backing. I already purchased 3.5 yards of grunge backing fabric. I need to pick up more or piece in something to make up the difference. I'm not sure if I have enough of the fabrics left from the top to make up the difference or not, but will check that out as an option.

Becca, Happy birthday to you. May it be especially blessed.

Judi, happy to see you made it home. Sorry about the laundry woe.

MaryQ, the gastroenterologist said I needed surgery to mend a para esophageal hernia which could be part of the bleed that is causing all my issues. However, there has been no confirmation yet as to when they plan to proceed with surgery. I have an appointment Wednesday to see if they are going to do further investigation or set up consult with surgeon. I'll let you know when I know.

MaryZ, enjoy your trip. Even at a 2 1/2 hr. trip, drive safely.

Jana, GASP, thank God Aaron didn't get injured.

Well, I am going to have another cup of tea, then head over to the LQS to get batting (and more backing fabric if I don't have enough of the quilt top fabric). Everyone have a blessed day,

Mary/Rosebud

Return to β€œSew ins”