Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday March 21

Daily discussions.
Marilynsgrammy

Sunday March 21

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:20 am

Good wonderful Sunday morning, it's going to be a great day today.

Friday we had dinner at my dads. Dad and my stepmom don't eat as much as they used to. the days of big meals are past. We brought sandwich fixins and everyone made their own. I made deviled eggs, which are an occasional requirement of my dads and Jerry made an apple pie. And to make it a perfect meal, my son was there. It was a great time.

Saturday Jerry and I picked a couple of events happening around here from the Face Book event page and also went shopping for Easter basket things for the boys next door. It was a really nice day. I so enjoyed it.

Today after church we will get egg dying kits and have fun next weekend with the boys.

There is a rooster crowing outside so I imagine you all will be up soon. Becca, do you hear the rooster yet?

Suzette, how cool to get new flooring. Many years ago Jerry decided to strip and wax my no wax floor. really made the linoleum ugly. I have not liked it for years. Some day I will get new flooring. I hope you love yours.

Flo, you often work hard. We have a lot of downed trees around here too. I think a cupcake centerpiece with flowers on them will be really pretty, and good too.

Maryz, it was an indoor day and you had no sewing machine? UGH! You could send a party had and one of those horn things that you blow and the paper stream rolls in and out for your sister. If there is a dollar store near you it would be a great addition to the cool MMouse pan. Your cookies sound really good.

Sherry, love the joke in your family about dad being born on the first day of spring. it made me laugh. glad your first day of spring was a nice day.

Jana, nice that there is such a large food drive in your area. really a cool thing to do.

Lois, hope you had a great anniversary 45 is a lot of years, more than half of your life.

Maryq, your post yesterday really made me laugh. You are cleaning out your garage to get rid of stuff for a sale, I am picturing a two car garage lined in shelves full of stuff. We recently started cleaning out the garage and now mostly have stuff that belongs to Marilyn and Richard, and Christmas stuff. Not much else. But there is still a lot of clutter in the house.

Sharona, I have just googled blue death-feigning beetle. who knew, other than your granddaughter, that it was a real thing. Shows me that instead of playing video games she is learning about something that interests her. Maybe she will grow up to be a bugologist? Sorry you weren't sleeping well and glad you are getting your shot soon. both Jerry and I got ours last week and we go in April to get our second. two different places but glad to have them.

Lori, I so wish there were a sewing kind of a retreat thing around here. Yours sounds wonderful and so nice of the lady to open up her big sewing room to host it.

Valerie, sorry you had a busy night, hope you get caught up on your sleep. Sounds like you have a good care giver, hope you get to have her for a long time. Your quilt is really pretty. I love the fabric you used.

Becca, how was the visit with your son? did he get a lot of work done at your DGS's house? did they enjoy the cake?

Jana, oh gosh, prune the chicken. that Ethan is a hoot. A huge congratulations to Aaron, what an accomplishment. I'm very proud of him.

Velda, I bet your gardening at your sons is beautiful. How nice for him to come home and see such a beautiful flower bed. Hope there are no huge issues with your rig and that you get to sail smoothly on the first.

MaryRose, when will you have the results from your doc appointment? Glad you got a printer and things are moving forward. I found a home made pattern of our local court house. Someone had taken a picture of the courthouse and somehow put it on graph paper and made symbols in each of the squares on the graph paper so the floss colors could be tied to a symbol The courthouse is white with black accents. Maybe they used a light box? Your cross stitch program is much easier.

Hope you girls have a superb day,
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

WeSignificant

Re: Sunday March 21

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:01 am

Good morning everyone! Hoping for a blessed Sunday for you all.

Went to my quilt class yesterday, picture of quilt is posted under photos. I was able put it together in about 5 hours. Not a pattern I am used to making but I kinda like it. Found some more of the focus fabric for the back so will square it up, do the backing and get it to the quilter. Chriss thank you for your nice comments.

Apparently Medicare has a requirement about an annual well check? Dr. office called and scheduled Dad appt for Monday. I told them he just had the appt last week but she said this was still required. Ok?

WE are not even going to talk about my garage! Oh my gosh, it would take me a year. I may start throwing things away here and there though. DH is just not good about getting rid of stuff. He has shirts he hasn't worn in 10 years but may need them someday! The house is small and clutter is a problem. Makes me a nervous wreck. If it was me, toss it all!

Prayers for all those who are sick (Chickie, Kathy, Rose).

Allergies are becoming a problem. The trees are all blooming. Runny nose and sneezing.

Not too much else new here. Off to find some breakfast.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

velvet

Post by velvet » Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:28 am

Good morning to all. We were so very super lucky with the storm -only had light rain and windy for a while. We were all ready for a bad one but it was pushed off the coast. I hope everyone that was not lucky is safe.

It looks like everyone is trying to de-clutter garages (man territory). I just look the other way. Hubby doesn't mess around in my sewing room--I don't mess around in his "kingdom". LOL!.

Odds and ends on to-do list. We will zoom with the family tonight.
Prayers for our sisters.

Enjoy
Diane

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:35 am

Good morning,

Not much to report here. Just goofing off in kitchen yesterday, packing trailer, and I don't know what else. The day went by quickly. Today, one load of laundry, will mend a friend's jacket with my travel machine before we put it into the trailer, and pre-cook some chicken for a recipe I want to make camping. That's about all I have planned.

CHRISS - They are starting to talk about some people returning to some workplaces here, depending on the workplace setting, if people are vaccinated,wearing masks, etc. Is there any buzz for your job yet? Do you miss the office or are you happier at home? What community events did you and Jerry settle on? Sorry about your former no-wax floor. Bet there was no happiness in your house that day! We forgot to tell our housesitter not to use spray oil in our new pans (ruins the non-stick coating). Now we have a similar, if smaller issue. Pans are easier to replace.

VAL - I loved your Bohemia quilt! I was so glad you posted a photo for us! great fabrics!

LORI - What a great friend to have - the one with the big sewing space! I gotta get me a friend like that!

SHARONA - you ate a cake made from an 18 yr old cake mix?? Yikes! I'd be afraid there would be some of those death defying beetles in there! And glad your DGD has a friend for her friend! lol! The BC recipe is in her cookbook. My particular book is from 1988, but it's the same recipe that was in my original book I got for a wedding gift 50 years ago (which my DD now has). If you can't find it, I can send it to you. I made that cake for my DD's wedding and made about 8 double recipes. Took me 12 hours. But I overheard many good comments about it.

MARY Q - funny about your parents "renewing the contract" on their anniversary. My parents always said the same thing! They were married 54 years. I bet the bugs are really scurrying around your house, afraid they are going to be inadvertantly sold in a garage sale! But it does feel good to get rid of things that accumulate. About every 4 years we get ruthless and go through entire house, garage, and shop.

LOIS - happy anniversary!

JANA - we always had a food drive and the mail carriers picked up the food and it was taken to our food bank. Since we no longer receive mail at our house (have a PMB at the UPS Store) I don't know if they still do that.

JUDI is still on the road, but they hope to make it home late today. Let's all get together and pray them home safely and intact.

Have a stellar Sunday!
Mary Z

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:50 am

Good morning!

We got about 8 inches of frozen Spring yesterday. More coming all week long. Now if you lived down a few blocks from me, it was rain that fell. Aaron dealt with rain all day and had no idea It snowed on us.

Not much here today. Church in a little while. Michael is doing much better from any reaction to his shot. Slept much of yesterday and is asleep now. So after my shot on Wednesday, the two week wait, then we can start going out in the world again! I wonder what the inside of a store or better yet, a quilt shop looks like? Been a long time!

More sewing and playing in the Batt Cave. As for garages, I just park my Higjlander a little closer to the side where Michael has his work area, making it tight to get around the junk, to get out on that side of the car. He then picks up making more room. There is supposed to be room for the Solara in the garage as well, as my Highlander and his work space, but that will never happen. I am fine as long as there is room to park my Highlander in the garage. I am not in the mood to clear off my Highlander from snow fall and be cold doing it! I want to be warm, as Stuart says!

Stay Safe,
Hugs,
Jana

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:29 am

Good morning. Having church online. Yesterday was productive in my sewing room. I have two more borders to add on to the wedding quilt and it will be ready to sandwich and quilt. I got the supplies ordered for the x-stitch label.

Chriss-I went Friday for results from Tuesday. Blood draw was good. Hematologist recommends having blood draws every six to eight weeks, but no longer than three months, to stay on top of any changes that may occur. Chest CT showed the three spots on my lungs from six months ago cleared up, but there was a new one. Will be checking that one again in six months.
I usually design my own patterns on graph paper, but just out of my head, not from a photo. This one however required the assistance of the program so I can get a more professional look and completed in a more timely manner.

Sometimes I wish I had a garage, but it is probably a good thing I don't. It would mean more space to keep more stuff that I don't need, lol.

Prayers for Kathy, Chickie, and Judi and Ken.

Have a blessed day,

Mary/Rosebud

womster

Post by womster » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:16 am

Good morning!

Chriss – so lovely to see you. Your Easter plans sound fun. And your Saturday was perfect. Sylvie has sent me three videos so far of the new bug. It would be cool if she became a bug expert.

Valerie - my DH bumped into the annual well check requirement. He has to fill out some very long form for it. Hope your allergies relent soon.

Diane – we have the same deal here as you do regarding garages and sewing rooms. Have a lovely zoom.

Maryz – wow I didn’t know you were a cake expert! Eight double recipes and 12 hours – I can’t even imagine. We don’t have humidity here so we don’t get bugs in anything. The dehydrated carrots required a little extra pummeling to soften, but other than that it was great!! It smelled ok and out here we have to bake at 375 for 45 minutes so I figured it would kill off anything bad. HA! Silly me – I just googled BC silver white cake and found the recipe. I will make this in a couple of weeks. Thank you! What time are you hitting the road?

Jana – glad to hear Michael is doing better.

Mary/Rose – what are the spots on your lungs from? Glad this last draw was good.

I had to reschedule my shot appt until Thursday – lots of snow with winds and a high probability of blizzard conditions. I was able to get it rescheduled to a place much closer to home. I'm hoping my dental cleaning tomorrow gets rescheduled as well. I will finish dejunking the study today and then plan on practicing my crochet. I was there 1.5 hours and could barely cast on!! My neck is still sore from concentrating. Have a glorious day. xoxo Sharona

Return to “Sew ins”