Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday, March 20th

Daily discussions.
womster

Re: Saturday, March 20th

Post by womster » Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:02 am

Good morning!

Suzette – a sticky floor would drive me bonkers – so glad you’re getting yours replaced. I hope you get your labels made, and if you’re lucky, get to start on the braid quilt.

Flo – It's wonderful that Joe got you a new chair! Your old setup sounded treacherous. Have fun with the cupcakes – how cool that they will make a centerpiece.

Maryz – holy guacamole you are like the energizer bunny! I need a rest after reading all you’ve done. We’re finishing up a carrot cake (made from a mix from 2003!!) that had a homemade butter/cream cheese frosting. It was very yummy, but played havoc with my blood sugars and weight. –SIGH- I’m going to look up the BC white wedding cake recipe – it sounds delicious. That Tex is one lucky guy to be getting a homemade birthday cake. You got a great haul from Goodwill.

Sherry – sorry for OH State’s loss – several people were sad about the state of their brackets on FB. Yay for getting your first shot. Enjoy the weather.

Jana – have fun in the batt cave.

Lois – happy anniversary! 45 years is quite an accomplishment. I can’t believe it was 91 – geesh.

Prayers for Chickie, Kathy, and Mary Rose, and for Judi's trip home.

I missed yesterday – met the outlaws for breakfast and then I had to get some sleep. I caught Chriss’s no sleep bug and was ‘functioning’ on 2.5 hours of sleep. The rest of my day was spent on chasing down a shot, and I’m thrilled to say I’m getting the first one (or only, depending upon which line I’m herded into) on Monday. Wahooo! My youngest DGD in Ohio spent all her birthday money on a friend for Tony, her blue death-feigning beetle). It arrived DOA and she was heartbroken. The company overnighted her a replacement, and I’m pleased to announce that Coco arrived alive. I’ll be doing some uglies and then going to a learn how to crochet class at the church this afternoon. Have a glorious day! xoxo Sharona

zfatcat

Re: Saturday, March 20th

Post by zfatcat » Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:02 pm

Sharona, a blue death-feigning beetle? Is it a pet? It's a strange looking bug.

Mary, I would walk more, but I have things to do and places to go. lol The sewing fest was wonderful.
One of my friends has a very large sewing space. It's the back part of the house that was for care takers.
She had it converted into her sewing and crafting space before they moved in. It was the kitchen/dining/living area. She has a Kola sewing table and then we set up 8 other crafting tables. She hosts it a couple times a year.

I got binding finished on a veteran quilt. Not much, but at least I got to sew a bit. I spent most of the day cleaning. Yuck! More sewing for tomorrow. That is after we take the boys to the park.

Sleep well my friends.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Sew ins”