Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday February 8,2021

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Monday February 8,2021

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:07 am

Good morning Everyone,

Yesterday we got 6" of fresh snow Bill said at the rate February is going it seams we won't be able to use our deck till the summer :lol:
Yesterday I put my houses aside and started a wall hanging called four seasons i bought the pattern before the holidays so I drew all the appliques and already have some of those ready to be sewn down.

Well thats all the news here prayers go out to all.
Lois

Becca

Re: Monday February 8,2021

Post by Becca » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:27 am

Good morning everyone sunny here after our snow so it will be melted
Lois I’m sure your wall hanging will be pretty That is a lot of snow
We had a good day yesterday with FaceTime phone calls from our children and grands
One of our 5 yr olds had pneumonia but is on the mend
Hope everyone has a wonderful day
Today would be my Dad’s 109 Birthday He was a wonderful sweet Daddy
Blessings to all Becca

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:37 am

Good morning late start here, yesterday was a road trip we got our membership photo taken listened to a buy more speech and got a virtual look at the new camp grounds our club has aquiared...very very nice...we also learned we can now make site reservations as before it was reserations for the campground drive in and find a site, then resgister your site...sometimes we needed 2 or 3 sites for our group and couldnt find them together,,,so this makes it a lot better and Ken is very happy he hated the search at the campground...luckily the one we use the most is an hour and a half from home and has a great quilt shop in town (I hope its still there)nand an ice cream shop on site ( $1 cones all summer long, makes for my happy kids as they can bike up their on their own and get ice cream and play put put without us)
not much sewing today I need to get some boxes together for DD (i have a few) so she can better organize her stuff,,,she has no kitchen no downstairs potty, and no pantry,,,so Jeff said organize it,,,I will go over there later to help and Ken has to drill a hole in the house (brck) for the new stove exhaust vent and that he said will take an hour. i have staged all my camping stuff in the kids room. and have a list of kitchen stuff to go...my clothes are ready so it is just a matter of the camper brakes getting done and turning everything on to get it road ready...if the parts come in we should be on our way next sunday if nothing else happens.....prayers
well thats it on my front hope your is going smoothly...back to some laundry and maybe another cuppa. XXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOO

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:02 am

Good morning everyone.

Well arm still sore but I can move it, fever and headache last night and slept more than usual but feeling better this morning. Still tired but that might be my normal. Praying this doesn't happen with the second shot.

It's MAD Monday at the quilt shop. We are cutting scraps to make into charity quilts. Hoping some of the other ladies have signed up. Just me in Jan so slow going. We are using the Go I think it's called but still with just me....

New caregiver (private hired) starts today. I know this girls cousin. She is a hospice aide I have worked with before and is very good so hoping new girl is too. There is also a niece who does the same thing and she is very good.

Zoom appointment at 9 AM with Dad's doctor to discuss his blood sugars. I seem to be more worried about them than she is. He has some kidney damage and I don't want that to get worse. He is eating very little carbs and of course no sugar.

$1 cones Judi, haven't seen that in some time.
Lois I guess lots of people through out the country are having a lot of snow this year. My DD sent me a picture in Reno, Snow was as high as her neck. Now if we could get some rain that would be great.

Best get as I didn't get done yesterday a few things I want done before the caregiver gets here so will do it now.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:05 am

Almost forgot! Don't forget to post your finished UFO's over in Swaps. I have found some wonderful prizes!
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:10 am

Good beautiful morning. It's really going to be a great day today.

Moose tried to wake me up early, but I got an extra hour. Got my bible study in and a full cup of coffee. Now I am hanging out with my peeps and watching the news.

The weatherman on this station is a bit quirkey, he wears a bow tie which is always crooked, he just makes me smile with his odd sense of humor. I bet he is always happy.

I got to go to real church yesterday. man that was cool. I really enjoyed it. They had chairs set up outside, lots of chairs and twice they brought out more chairs. Next weekend they plan to have two services. Yay. One thing they did that I found interesting was the preacher started singing the National Anthem. slowly people stood up and finally everyone was standing. I noticed men didn't remove their hats and most didn't put their hands over their hearts. I wonder when that no longer became a thing. But it was a great service and I am so glad I went.

Suzette, I look at the temperature like you do. You said it was 37* so the snow wouldn't be around long. I notice the temperature when it rains, if it isn't 32* it won't snow. We so rarely get snow. I have a Babylock Jazz2. it has a huge throat. I have quilted a couple of quilts on it and it is so nice to have the throat space. But some can quilt on machines with smaller throats. My machine was $700 and is really basic, but it is great for what I need it for.

Maryz, I bet your friends will love their log cabin quilt, they will smile and think of you each time they see it. If you look at the party poppers quilt on FB they have a boatload of color combinations, lots of inspiration there. The jeans I found are stretch and a little tight, I don't quite have the hips yet for boot cut and that is what they are. But, my bra is on it's last hook so that will be my next purchase, and I need to take some shirts in a bit more. Glad the gnomes and foxy trees will be bound soon, how is your sister doing?

Valerie, our weather has been in the mid 60's to low 70's. we have had the windows open, hard to believe it's still winter. We should get rain the middle of this week. In the evenings there are millions of frogs singing all night, I just love it.

Katy, I don't think we get a choice in which vaccine to get either. And they keep changing the tier requirements here. I will likely be 90 years old before it is my turn. Tapioca pudding is a great alternative to the super bowl. I have also started a donate pile in my sewing room. I need to still go through my fabric.

Jana, yay for getting your camera installed. Even though the lady you see seems to looked wrinkled and old to you I know for a fact that she has a kind heart and in my mind is beautiful. I find that if you are debating the fabric you received it is best to just get new fabric. you will end up sewing the wrong fabric and unsewing it. Save yourself the trouble. Connecting Threads has nice 108" fabric.

Maryq, I think Shawn and Brennen matching bacon jammies is a marvelous idea. Sure hope the kids get to come for a visit. It would be good to see them all. I'm going to put that Morgan Freeman show on my to watch list. So hard to find something not full of yuck.

Sharona, your cat made me laugh. Afraid of change. Moose is exactly the same way, and I also call him a ding dong. Yay for your sister losing 100 pounds, what an accomplishment. Is this the sister living in Cali? If you ever come here let me know, I'd love to come meet you. I get a chronological bible reading in my email each day. I have not done it but it is next on my list. For the record, I am glad you are back each morning too. I've missed you.

Lori, I blame my craziness on my critter too. Sometimes I blame it on Jerry but he can rebut so I usually stick with Moose. LOL.

Hope you girls have a marvelous day,
Chriss
Psalm 91

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:26 am

Good morning,

LOIS - 2 feet of snow? Yikes! Do you live on the water? If so, what water? Why do I think your deck borders water? It's always fun to start a new project. I started a log cabin yesterday.

KATY - I just went through some of my fabrics, too. I purged only two pieces, but they were big pieces! Sending them to the thrift shop when it starts taking donations again. It's fun to read descriptions of others' houses. My house is a 1976 split level, pretty standard floor plan. In fact, it's the same floor plan as the house my first hubby grew up in. 3 bedrooms upstairs, now sewing, quilting, and computer rooms. Our bedroom and large family room are downstairs.

JANA - congrats on installing your camera! By yourself? Good on you! And please don't refer to yourself as an old lady because I'm pretty sure I'm older than you! (70 next month- :shock: )

MARY Q - The coffee/freezing trick? Water or any other liquid works just as well. My sis and I visited my brother one winter and we did it. So cool! Freezes in the air. During that visit it was Minus 25*, but dropped to minus 45* one day. Brrrr.... He's minus 26* at home this morning. Your temps are almost rivaling him and I see you are colder than your DD in Anchorage! See you in the spring! Is your vaccine lottery just for your age group?

SHARONA - So, did you like the game yesterday? I didn't get the halftime show. All those dancers dressed so nicely. But it looked like they were all wearing jock straps on top of their heads. Could their costumer not see that? lol! Your kitty must have gotten into the 'nip!

LORI - the fur kids may drive us crazy, but not as crazy as the real ones did!

JUDI - Your day sounds like it's pretty full! Excitement at your house! It will be fun to see your DD's kitchen when you come home again! Speaking of that - when are you coming home again? Nice about the campgrounds. I'm seeing more camping trips in your future summers!

CHRISS - Awww, you have to go back to work today. :cry: Did you get that fabric sorted? If it weren't for Covid, we'd have stopped in your driveway on the way home from TX and I'd have helped you. You will be hoisting those jeans up frequently very soon! My sister is coming along, but so slowly. Doc says she can finally shower but she can't get into the tub! If only she were here - we have a walk-in shower. I hope my friends like the LC quilt I'm making for them. She really wants to be a quilter. She has 5 sewing machines, 2 professional embroidery machines, and a room full of fabrics, but has never finished a project yet. In fact, she's only started two which she asked me to help her with - and which are still UFO's in early stages. Maybe this quilt will spur her on to make something herself.

VAL - Hope your reactions to the shot ease up for you. I think the CDC is trying to track side effects. When Bill got his they text him every day asking if he has any of the sx you are describing - or others. Maybe you already had antibodies in your system. Just how high are your dad's sugars? Can they change his medicine? Hope you get more folks for your Mad Monday project. Your new CG sounds promising.

BECCA - happy birthday thoughts to your heavenly Daddy. Mine would have been 109 on Jan 10. So sorry to hear you have a 5 yr old DGC w/ pneumnia. My oldest (just turned 49 last week) had it when she was 5. She was so sick. And then I got it and was sick for an entire summer. It is contagious and if it's viral, there's not a lot to do for it but comfort measures.

Yesterday I put binding on Norm & Nanette, label on Fox, Bill loaded the reindeer quilt, and I started cutting strips for a log cabin. We are starting to run low on batting. We need to order a new roll of Warm & Natural soon. We go right by the factory when we go camping next month. In fact, Bill's sister lives 12 miles from W&N. We hope to time it so we can pick it up on our way home, March 26. I worked on my cross-stitch during the game. I have the second retro trailer (spring) almost finished. Next up is summer. (I'm doing all four seasons. Winter is done.) Today's schedule is my chiropractor, Scottie's hair appt, and a dog food sale. I might do a load of darks, too. But I'll be cutting most LC strips, too.

Sew something pretty today!

mary z

maryq

Post by maryq » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:21 am

Good Morning!

Ok... for sure I'm not going anywhere today!! It's 17 BELOW! I had thought I'd run to town and get my oil changed... but I think I'll wait a few days! Apparently there is a Polar Vortex out there somewhere and it's over Minnesota! :lol:

Lois... Oh yeah.. more snow! The one nice thing about this cold here, it rarely snows when it gets this cold. Sometimes you just need to a break from a project and to start something new and fun... which probably explains all my UFO's...

Becca... Oh dear... sorry your little buddy has pneumonia... but good to hear he/she is on the mend... Sounds like you have some very happy memories of your Dad... hope they fill your day with joy.

Judi... Were you able to make your reservations for a nice site in FL? Gotta be so much easier to know right where your site is than to wander around looking for a spot. Will send some good thoughts that the repair goes well and you'll be able to hit the road as planned.

Valerie.... SO hope your new caregiver works out for you and Dad! What a worry that must be to get somebody GOOD to come in. I'm still plugging away on my UFO's, but need to run to Joann for more backing pieces... and it's just too dang cold!

Chriss... How Awesome is that!!! Outside church! I attended a service like that many many years ago... Luckily it was a perfect day! I'm surprised the men were even wearing hats during a church service... and for sure should have been off for the National Anthem... Maybe folks just don't know the Protocols any more. You're right... so hard to find something good on TV.. I did just watch "The Rookie" on Hulu, and it was good... I like "cop shows" "The Good Witch" was good too. I don't get Hallmark channel, so I miss all those.

Maryz.... Yes, the lottery for vaccine is just my age group. I am so hoping I can get one before my BFF comes (probably in April) She can't get the shot because she is Immuno-compromised...I'm just looking forward to the day we don't have to wear masks everywhere... tho it does save on makeup! Sure wish I could have you pick up some W & N for me! It's my favorite batting... but so $$$ like $19./yd at Joann. I did find some at Walmart.com that comes out to $5./yd... Pellon brand... it's okay for the kind of quilts I do.

Have you guys ever heard of a web site called "Buynothingproject.org" Check it out .. It's awesome. You can sign up to find a local group, per your zip code.. then you find the local group on Facebook and if you are looking for something, or want to get rid of something you post it. When cleaning out my office closet I found a set of Legal Size hanging file folders... which I sure don't need. Posted it on FB group and bam ... within 10 minutes somebody said they can use them. Jen did it AK and got a whole bunch of Christmas decorations ... she had none for her tree! Great way to recycle things!
I figure anyway to keep things from being thrown is the garbage needlessly is a good thing!

anyway.... still in Jammies, and coffee is cold... guess I'll get dressed and get in gear...need to clean up my soaking pans in the kitchen sink... made a double batch of my cheese soup yesterday and had to soak pans over night... After that I'll hit the sewing room, so that's where I'll be if you need me!

Happy Monday Everyone!

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:26 am

Good morning!

We are quite warm for a winter morning. Above freezing! Not much going on here. Still puttering around rearranging my bedroom. The game yesterday was lousy. You could tell by the flags thrown who was and who wasn't supposed to win. Turned it off at halftime and watched a show, Modern Marvels making all kinds of goodies, much better viewing. Michael agreed too.

Daniel called and is still planning to see about a move here. He wants to get his ducks in a row job wise first. Kari, Daniel's other half, just got a very nice promotion that will allow her to work from home. Her job area covers the Western states, so she is ready to move as well.

Not much else here. Same stuff, different day.

Hugs,
Jana

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:05 am

Good morning all! Loved the Super Bowl game last night since I am a Tom Brady (Michigan Wolverine grad) fan. Didn't watch the half time show because they usually have someone I never heard of. Did see the last minute of it and glad I didn't watch it. It was weird. My biggest disappointment was the commercials. I always enjoy watching them because the are so cute and original. Last night's commercials "stunk" in my opinion. There was not a one that I would say was memorable.

We are getting another inch or two of snow today. I am only driving out to get the mail this afternoon so will stay in and keep warm. Smoke wants to get off the porch to do his business but it is so deep in the yard and his feet would freeze so I don't open the porch door. I can't go out in the yard and pick him up and bring him in. As soon as it clears up a bit I will go out on the porch and clean everything up. Such is the life of a short legged dog. Sweetie has her litter box since she is only an indoor cat.

Still working on sorting and shredding. I am also going through all of my 1000 piece puzzles and getting rid of a bunch of them. Will take them to the rest homes and Senior Center when they open back up. Will also take some to Goodwill. I can't believe how many I have got. They always say the doing puzzles keeps your mind better as you get older and boy do I need help. If anyone here would like a few just PM me and let me know your address and I will send you some.

Well, better go get some breakfast for me. Smoke and Sweetie have already been fed and back to sleep already.

Today is my Grandson Chris's 19th birthday. Where has time gone? I remember when he was born and had to have surgery on his diaphragm. They were stationed in Japan and had to bring him back to San Antonio to have the surgery. Was a very trying couple of months. You wouldn't know it now though. He played football and track when he was in school and doing just great.

Today is also the 7th anniversary of my DH Harold passing away. He passed away in the winter so many people got pneumonia. I remember it vividly, but I don't bring it up I just celebrate Chris's birthday even though we all know what happened.

Hope everyone has a safe and happy Monday. Prayers for all who need them.

Sherry

Return to “Sew ins”