Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday February 7th

Daily discussions.
mepeace2

Re: Sunday February 7th

Post by mepeace2 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:46 am

Good morning ladies
Boy its cold here minus 8 we did get about 3inches of snow. Took poor Boo out his feet got so cold could not stay out long enough to do his job.
I put a roast on and cleaned up some more stuff in sewing room. I will conquer that room LOL I started piles of give away maybe throw away and keep fabric. Put a lot of fabric together for quick quilts. Got my bed made and a load of clothes in washer. Will sew this afternoon. I do not do super bowl. I might make some tapioca pudding.

Chriss I live in a ranch style house that has a 20 ft deck on back of house. No island in my kitchen. lol Outside of a 20 by 24 living room my sewing room is the largest room here . I had it added on 16 years ago. I just outgrew one of the bedrooms. I had to laugh The Good Witch is one of my favorite movies and series. Have watched them for years on Hallmark channels.
Valerie I think I got the Moderna also My arm was slightly sore But was told the other things that happened was not due to shot. I dont think we have a choice.
Judi Hope Ken gets it fixed so you can take off on time.
Good grief LOIS how much snow do you usually get. I would stay in too. In fact I am lol
Sharona I take a nap everyday I have to take a tylenol. But sleep well at night
Well I need more coffee Then check wood burner
You all have a great sewing day and stay safe
Katy

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:05 am

Good morning!

Aaron got his second dose last week and his arm was a bit sore for a couple of hours. He had heard that the second dose could be worst, but his was not . Haven't heard how Kate's second shot went. Joseph also got his second with no problems.

Church is a bit later this morning.

My fabric for what I need to finish the back of my quilt arrived. The wrong color, darker than the rest. Even though all the numbers from the selvage matched. I might use it anyway, it is the back of the quilt. Debating the issue. On the debating side is ordering a 108 wide back, humm......

I succeeded in installing my new camera on the computer. It even works! LOL! Can't do much about the wrinkled old lady it shows as I watch.

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

maryq

Post by maryq » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:21 am

Good FREEZE YOUR FACE OFF morning!

It's 14 below zero here this morning... so you know who is staying IN again today! Though I'd like to try that test... you know, where you throw coffee up in the air and watch it freeze on the way down? Though I hate to waste my coffee!

Judi.... I always wondered how you campers go about finding places to camp. If you have a membership in a club, that must help you locate places? Good place to share info about good campsites and the not-so-good ones? Bummer that your sensors are out... but your have Magic Ken who can fix anything right? Hope your parts arrive in time.

Lois.... Tell you what.. I'll take the cold... you can have the snow!

Suzette.... Must have missed it.... you took your Pfaff into the shop? Hope they can figure out what's causing all the problems for you... Always good to have a back up machine. Once I made the mistake of taking both machines to the shop at the same time... boy was that dumb.

Becca.... Isn't technology great... so be able to facetime and SEE your kids and babies! Last nite I facetimed my son in Canada, and his wife was on her phone facetiming her Mom, Viv... I could hear her laughing in the back ground! Once they all get "permanent residency status" in Canada, we think the kids might be able to fly down for a few weeks... hope that happens this summer!

Chriss.... Turns out I didn't buy that flannel after all. Our dear friend Shirley sent it to me when she was moving last year. My Shawn LOVES bacon (but the who doesn't), so I'm thinking I might make him some jammie pants out of it... There might even be enough to make Brennen a matching pair...

Maryz.... Wow.. this is a good deal... for your camper if you have trouble and need a ride home! Would that have worked to get Tina and Al home from Texas? I mean, if they had that membership? Since I'm not much of a football fan... I don't even know who is playing today.. Must be KC and somebody.... certainly isn't the Vikings! Sure wish I would hear something about getting a Covid Shot... MN is all out of vaccine, so I'm in a lottery now.. just have to wait to have my name called.

Valerie... You are so right... winter snow makes summer water. My Dad always worried when we had a dry winter.... hard on the farmers in the spring and summer. My dad built feed mills and grain elevators.. even a big project in Bakersfield, CA. So I try not to complain when we get a big storm... especially now when I don't have to drive in it!

As planned I did get most of house chores done yesterday and got a good start on cleaning my office and getting rid of old papers. Lots to shred, but our recycle won't take shredded paper, so if I shred it goes in garbage... if I don't.. I'll save until spring and have a bon fire in the back yard. Just need to finish up the closet this morning, then I'm headed downstairs... Spent a little time down there lining up quilt tops with backings... Found a top I'd totally forgotten about... A valentine swap Or Lotto winning? Can't even remember.. but the top is done, so I'll add that to my UFO to-do list.

For Now, I need more coffee...

Wishing you all a Super Sunday (get it.. Super Bowl Sunday) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PS .. if you are looking for Something good to watch on Netflix... Search for "The Magic of Belle Isle" with Morgan Freeman.... nice story and no smut.

womster

Post by womster » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:35 am

Good morning!

Oh ladies – you are all such a comfort. I have missed visiting with you each morning – I am so glad to be back!

Judi – your day sure is full. That Ken sure knows how to show you a good time! I hope your brake sensors get there in record time so you can head on out.

Lois – that is a lot of snow. I hope it melts off soon.

Suzette – I think it’s smart of you to put it away for now. I never knew that about refurbished machines – thanks for the heads up. We buy refurbished cell phones – they come with a 30 day refund. I’m not sure about those machines. How frustrating.

Becca – I also love that post card look of freshly fallen snow. Your family day yesterday sounded perfect.

Flo – I know you’ll be glad when all that house work is done.

Chriss – what is up with Moose? Oh MY! I’m going through my Daily Bible in chronological order this year. It’s like reading a novel. Good for you for putting your early time to such good use. My eyes don’t even focus until after 10am..! Happy haircut to you. Wow – I was unaware you couldn’t even try clothes on. I’m glad you at least have some jeans that will keep you out of jail. Enjoy your outdoor church.

Maryz – your lucky friends – getting a quilt from you. I’ll be rooting for KC because it’s MO (where my family is from) and it’s not Brady. Sure hope they ship your fabric soon. I stopped ordering from a website because it was taking them over a week to just ship stuff out – and this was before the pandemic.

Valerie – one of my sisters has been doing the Keto thing for about three years now and has lost and kept off almost 100 pounds. Good for your DGS! My DH got the Pfizer shot, but had no choice. Kaiser was offering both, and it was switched between every other person. Hope you can sew a wee bit today.

Katy – poor Boo. I remember our prior dog’s legs would ‘freeze up’ when it was that cold and we’d have to carry her in. I’m glad you’re able to nap when needed – it is a huge blessing IMHO. I’ve been intrigued by the Good Witch show but cannot stand Kathryn Bell so I’ve given it a miss.

Jana – so glad your fabric showed up. Too bad it was the wrong color. You made me laugh about the lady in the camera.

Maryq – holy smoke that is COLD! Would that be bacon jammie pants you’re making for Brennen? How cool would that be. Wow that’s interesting about them not taking shredded paper. I think a bon fire with smores sounds good. Lucky you – finding a completed top. I’ll have to check out the Morgan Freeman movie. Last year I watched a lot of Asian shows (subtitled in English) because they were clean with no smut (not even kissing!). Plus the costumes and scenery were gorgeous.

Today after computer church I will be back out getting my appliqués down. The cat took a weird turn Friday night after I washed his bedding. I didn’t get it back on his bed until his bedtime, and he freaked a beaker. I had moved his box of toys to the dresser, and honestly you would have thought it was an alien up there by the way he was acting. He was slinking around, acting afraid of everything. And I had to carry him into his room for the first time. Normally he sits on the edge of the bed, waiting for me to clean out the litter box and take his dinner to the top of the bed (not that he’s spoiled or anything!). He was better the next morning and fine by Saturday night. What a ding dong! Nothing else new here. Have a glorious day! xoxo Sharona

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:04 pm

Sharona, that's funny about the cat. They do not like change at all.

Chris, Jack has nights like that too. I think something wakes him, so he figures he might as well get a drink and go potty. Then as soon as I get back to bed, Wrigley wants out. Now the cats awake and want to be pet. By the time everything is done and all the furry ones are settled, I'm wide awake. Sometimes they make me crazy.

I I dyed some fabric for the back of a quilt today. I also dyed some dish towels that were getting a little dingy. Now they look new again.

Lori 8-)

Return to “Sew ins”