Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday, February 4th

Daily discussions.
maryq

Re: Thursday, February 4th

Post by maryq » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:57 am

Good Morning Girls

Up, showered and dressed! YEAH ME! The view out my windows this morning looks like a Christmas card.. fresh layer of snow covering the trees... it's quite pretty... and prettier still because I don't have to go out in it!

Suzette.... It's just got to be so frustrating to have your tension keep messing up... I feel your pain.! My Janome has an "auto tension" but it never seems to be right... so I leave it on #4 instead and it works fine.. Apparently, according to my sewing-machine-fixer-guy... Auto is the same this as #4! Who knew?
Even the baby has Covid! Poor baby.... Hope you get some good answers from the PO about your quilt too.... Even tho there is insurance..... it would never be enough to cover your costs and all your hard work!! Hope they find it!

Lois... at 40*..... I'm expecting some of your snow will melt? Does Bill go grocery shopping with you? and help you haul it in the house? Once, DEX went shopping with me, I had made a list for him to do 1/2 of the store... I had to write out "Old Home Cottage Cheese 1% in the red carton, don't get the blue one" like that or who knows what he would come up with. Makes me curious what he did when he was on his own! :lol: :lol:

Judi.... Don't you just love those 20% off coupons! I get 2 flyers in the mail (one in my real name, one in my old married name) .. Last flyer had some good coupons and I cut them all out... then decided I wasn't going to go and tossed them... Now I wish I had them! You are brave to try upholstery.. you have a good staple gun? I've done chair seats, but never a whole chair! Good Luck!

Diane.... YEAH no more pins... and I can imagine how much you are looking forward to a real shower.. I tend to put off taking a shower, because I'm lazy... but it does feel so good to be clean! Do you have your appt for the vaccine? Here in MN they are doing it by random draw.... so I just have to wait to be called or e-mailed.

Becca... I sure don't envy you that job.. moving the fridge to clean! UGH.... I keep hoping I'll find money under it when I clean there... Maybe it will be lucky day!

Chriss.... I will never weigh 110 again! that's for sure. Besides I don't think I'd look good at 110. but I'd sure like to weigh less than I do now. Not sure I could do your weight loss plan... and I give you a LOT of credit for being so strong. Doesn't Mar turn 18 next month????? OMG our little girl is 18? It is scary to watch your kids make decisions that you know aren't the right ones... then you have to stand by and watch them make mistakes and keep your mouth shut (no "I told you so") My Jen is 42 and I still have to try and keep my mouth shut.. I only give her my opinion if she asks for it.

Jana.... Matt's truck is named Enoch? I know a little boy named Enoch! Never knew how it was pronounced until then En Oak!

Maryz... My plan for Jen's wedding dress is to make Angels gowns... I even have the pattern. One of these days. Fun to hear MIL stories too. My MIL passed away in 1972, a year before we got married. I asked DEX once if we would have gotten along... He said NO... she wouldn't have like anybody he married.... They we really close (I mean really really close) as DEX's Dad was killed in an accident when DEX was 8yo. Guess I would have been "competition". Sounds like Bill has gotten his quilting Mojo back... are at least he's following your orders! :lol: :lol:

Lyn.... Cool pattern! Looks 3D! You going to whip that up while you are in Texas?

For once, I do actually have a plan for the day! As I was cleaning up one of the sewing rooms--the one where I keep my UFO's (aka Jen's room) I came across a tote box full of flannel pieces I had cut and ready to make the self binding baby blankets, so while watching TV last night I got them all pinned and ready to stitch.. I think there's 15 or so.... So that's where I am headed... wonder if that counts as a UFO for contest? :lol: :lol: . Just need to finish unloading the dishwasher, then headed down to sew away... if you need me, that's where I'll be.
Last edited by maryq on Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:05 am

Maryq - around these parts, we pronounce it E-knock.

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:44 am

Lynn thats a very cute quilt.

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:59 am

Good morning ladies
I am late this morning > I dyed my hair and had to fix it. Then asked Maryq to post a picture of the darn quilt and Scooby. Could not leave my baby out. And it is there under the photo section. I promise I will learn how to do this.
Maryq Thank you for the post of picture. Boy you are keeping busy in your sewing room.
Lynn I love that house pattern . You could actually add some things .
Maryz I will be happy when we all get our vaccines. Now they are saying we may need a booster .
Suzette Have you checked everything. My machine raises cain if the bobbin case is dirty or if the needle is dull. These newer machines are so tempermental.
Judi My wedding dress was purchased for $10 we were on a budget and I was not supposed to have anyone there except our best man and maid of honor. The dress was a mini dress since I got married in 1967. To make a long story short we ended up with about 25 people attending. My father wanted to give the bride away LOl
Diane so glad you got those dang pins out.
Chriss I been taking any free quilt classes or lessons they offer. There are times I just cant do anything so I watch and hoe to learn something.

Well I got to fix lunch then back in sewing room I did start cleaning up my fabric closet.

You all have a great sewing day
Katy

womster

Post by womster » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:39 am

Good morning!

Suzette – sorry to hear about the covid going thru your DH’s family. I don’t understand the no mask thing either. That’s too bad about your machine misbehaving. Have you asked the place where you purchased it what the problem might be? I hope USPS can find your package.

Lois – hopefully your 40 degree weather will start melting off some of that snow. Have fun food shopping.

Judi – oh my goodness that’s quite the adventure you and Ken had with the plumbing. That’s so strange that the crescent wrench would fall apart like that. I’m sure Ken appreciated your apprenticeship. I have never been brave enough to attempt reupholstering. But with YouTube, I might do like you are going to do! It’s unbelievable it would take 30 days for your quilt to arrive. I think I mentioned that our Christmas Cards to Ohio took nearly that long to get there.

Diane – yay that the pins are out! Woohooo. And pretty soon you’ll be able to take a real shower. Yay!

Becca – I know what you mean about the sun being out. Same here! It’s 8 degrees out, but with the bright sunshine it does feel warmer. I’m glad you were able to get all your errands done. Are you moving the stove and fridge by yourself?! Your dinner sounds quite yummy.

Chriss – I LOVE that you are signing up for adult school! And I would chose those same classes. I’m glad your MIL and GMIL thought you walked on water. You are so right about kids. I am so disappointed in Marilyn’s dad. And thrilled that Marilyn has you and Jerry. I hope you’re able to get your hairs cut soon.

Jana – glad the camping out is almost over. I love my Pfaffs also!

Maryz – what a great (albeit sad) use for wedding dresses. The arthritis does flare and is worse in my left hand, so it’s all good. If you hadn’t of mentioned about the advice on the meds, I would have forgotten to look back, so thanks! Oh my gosh what a vision that conjured up about your BIL running your sis through the car wash! Yay that Bill is getting the shot. My DH goes Friday. The websites here in CO for the shots are deplorable. In fact, our county isn’t even listed! And then we found out yesterday they had a community shot event here but forgot to get the word out on social media. They said they posted flyers in the stores, but for those of us who are staying at home, that hardly works. Oh well! Have a lovely social this afternoon.

Lyn – I love that quilt! And the kitty.

Maryq – haha on the dex shopping. Thank goodness for cell phones – now I can just take a picture of the item so there are very few mistakes. I agree with the pain of watching our kids (and grandkids) making dubious decisions. I’ve never heard of a self-binding baby blanket – I’ll have to google that.

Katy – hope your hair is fixed and the way you like it. I need to do something with all my fabric.

I’m headed out to my sewing hole now that DH has shoveled me a path. I’ve done some real ugly uglies (vacuuming!) so now it’s time to play. Have a glorious day! xoxo Sharona

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:12 pm

https://www.craftdepot.com.au/wp-conten ... reeWeb.pdf

Mary thought of you when I saw this pattern so I had to post it.
So I’m sitting here in DD’s room and of course she’s got the Poohs and I can’t stop coughing in belching so I’m here holding a bucket just waiting for the Goo to spew out :mrgreen:
DH should be home soon then he can take bucket patrol :lol:

Been working in the sewing room trying to do a little something here in there and getting some UFOs done tried to call Kathy twice I guess every time I call she’s either in therapy or out of the room so I’m gonna try again.

Chris’s that’s awesome that those Bible classes are free if you were in a university and that cost you a pretty penny

Nothing else new here so I’m better run and get back to bucket patrol as I sit here😜

🤗 hugs prayers 🙏 happy stitching 🧵
🐐izzy

Return to “Sew ins”