Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday, February 3rd

Daily discussions.
maryq

Re: Wednesday, February 3rd

Post by maryq » Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:25 am

Good Morning Girls

Ok... I have been up for a while... Kevin called and needed help with balancing his business checkbook---seems he's off some where and can't figure it out! Love it when he calls Mom for help!

Suzette..... Dang.... two broken needles?! Definitely time to step away from the machine for a bit. How do you stitch in the ditch without having to turn the quilt all the time? that's why I use my darning foot and just kind of free motion all over... though I'm getting a lot of practice at it lately... am even really happy with how a couple have turned out.

Lois.... Does feel good to get out and breathe in some fresh air doesn't it. When my sweet neighbor comes to snow blow for me, I still like to go outside and try to help a little... just for the fresh air. Which reminds me, I should probably walk out to the mail box today... my daily exercise!

Judi.... Must be ESP, I was sitting making my Joann list this morning.. Have to wait until Sr. Citizen pay day, and I'm hoping that it won't be 30 below when I decide to go. Hope you can find a great place to camp in FL! DS Kevin and family are going to Sarasota for spring break... I thought he should take me along as a Nanny! They are renting a big house with some of Sara's siblings.

Diane.... Fingers crossed here too that the pins come out... though I'm not great at typing with crossed fingers!

Flo.., Might be time to fire that contractor... Looks like quite a job... hope somebody else has to climb up to reach the high spots!

Katy... Now that Teresa has posted the measurements for the Lotto blocks, I'm going to try some today. I tried just looking at the picture, thinking it used 2.5" squares... and tho it looks right... it's not :lol:
Sounds like that cold front coming in is going to cover us both.

Chriss... Did you find rotary blades at Harbor Freight? I've heard gals swear by them.. so much cheaper than "real" quilting ones. My Wedding dress is long gone. Paid $15.00 for it as a floor sample and had to have it taken IN a bit! (ah those were the days... I think I weighed 110) I did keep the lace pieces from it though.. I had Jen's dress for a long time too, but she didn't want it either so I cut up the satin and picked apart the lace.. and I've used the lace pieces in things. like decorating snowmen and gnomes in quilts.

Maryz... Happy to hear that Kathy is doing well... at least as well as possible under the circumstances. And happy that her sister is close by to take care of things at home. I used to work with a gal that had chickens... but here you can't have roosters in the city limits! I could go back to setting my alarm clock... but heck, I'm retired! Though if I had a dog that would probably help get me up. Sometimes I'm awake... I just don't want to get out of my nice warm bed.

Jana... So you did have to move your bed out in order to paint! You gotta figure out a way to have Michael think that what you want done is really his idea!.... then maybe he won't get grumpy!

Not sure what the plan is for today. I did manage to find another UFO top I had forgotten about, added some borders to it and now will just have to get some backing for it. (on the Joann list). Think I'll see what I can do with Lotto blocks today. Need to double check all my UFO tops and see if I have backings on hand or which tops need. I do have a Christmas swap quilt I could get ready to pin as I have perfect backing for it. For now I need more coffee... and to find some sox .... it's so much cooler in my door stairs..my little piggies get cold! :lol: :lol:

womster

Re: Wednesday, February 3rd

Post by womster » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:25 am

Good morning!

Suzette – that’s a shame about the needle breakage. I had one break off last week, and it went flying! I’m glad it didn’t land in me. That is so frustrating about your quilt. I hope it shows up soon.

Lois – how nice of you to help shovel some snow! You’ll have the house quilt done in no time at this rate.

Judi – I was glad to hear Ken’s surgery went so well. And congrats on sticking with the diet. I would also say no to supplements. Your MIL sounds like a lot of work. I guess she got used to you since you were with her at the end.

Diane – I do hope the pins can be removed.

Flo – you go, girl! Hope the contractor is paying you.

Katy – happy belated birthday. Stay warm!

Chriss – I have the dress I got married in – I think I got it at Dillard’s (which is now out of business). It’s hanging in the back of my closet. Nothing fancy at all. I’ll be praying for Marilyn. I can’t believe she’s going to be 18.

Maryz – happy birthday to Lara. I am sorry to hear about Autumn getting a divorce. Will she stay in Texas? I like the pot luck wedding. I love the way Bill finished the quilt. Really ties everything together! I mail using the click-n-ship thing from USPS. Insurance is included but nothing indicates it on the label.

Jana – yay for the painting almost being done. That lighthouse quilt sounds darling.

Maryq – sure hope you found something to warm up your toes. If mine get cold, they start bending in unnatural directions and cramp like crazy. Maybe if you do go as nanny to Sarasota they will rent you your own little bungalow!

Yesterday was Costco day – up and out early and then had to try to figure out DS2’s meds. He has both Medicare part D and Medicaid. Carol, MaryQ and Valerie – thank you SO much for the information you posted. I got teary-eyed that y’all even researched it! That was so very kind of you. LONG story short – his psychiatric NP called the Kroger pharmacy to confirm all his meds were covered by Medicaid and they are. The reason I was having trouble with the Bupropion pill was because she had prescribed such a high dose (450mg). Once she can safely reduce his dose, I’ll be able to set him up for mail delivery. Whew! Today I am doing uglies in-between the other stuff. No sewing today, but I did get my doorknob covered (those plastic things) because I can no longer turn the doorknobs out to the sewing hole. Stupid arthritis! Have a glorious day. xoxo Sharona

Return to “Sew ins”