Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

February 1st, 2021

Daily discussions.
maryq

Re: February 1st, 2021

Post by maryq » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:18 am

Good Morning Girls

Happy February 1st.... the month of January sure went flying by didn't it!? But it was a good month... I finished 6 things from my UFO pile and 2 new things! Which mean I have 8 little quilts already ready for the U of M Cancer center.... and that is a very good feeling!

Teresa.... I did look at the Feb. Lotto... I'll have to think about it... I'm on such a roll with my UFO's I hate to slow down the momentum ! :lol: :lol: :lol: But sure looks like a fun block to try!

Lois... You must be in the path of one of storm? Lots of snow coming your way. Hope you are well stocked on coffee, TP and fabric?

Judi..... Will be watching the clock today and sending up lots of prayers for Ken. I wonder if there is a patron saint for Dentists? We Catholics seem to have a patron saint for everything. My goodness it sure sounds like a fun project at Colleen's!!! Did you stay she is doing some of the work herself? Good for her.... I do have my own tool belt, I could come help.

Diane.... Two feet of snow!!??? Yikes.. that sounds like a MN snow storm... but seems to me NY is famous for huge snow totals too. I finally found out where/how to sign up for my shot but they aren't scheduling now.... so I check every day.... hoping they get some vaccine in soon.

Maryz.... You have the patience of a saint to make 3.5" 9 patches.... do you mean they finish at 3.5" or each patch is 3.5" Either way...that's a lot of tiny pieces. Saturday, I skipped the chore of the week, but was a busy girl just doing regular stuff. Feels so nice to have house clean... you never know when company might stop by.... oh wait... we don't do that any more do we. Eli is doing well... he's really got the hang of a cast on his arm!

Jana.... Don't you just love play days.... And a sale at your LQS? what could be better!

Valerie.... Congratulations fellow lottery winner... I hear you are sharing? Thank you!

Jana.... Don't you love play days? that's why I save house chores for saturday.... then every day can be a play day!

Katy... Happy Day Before Your Birthday! Glad you were able to get your shot! I'm hoping that once just about everybody gets their shots that Canada will open their borders and I'll be able to go see my family! It's been 2 years since I've seen my Canadian Kids.

Sharon... Wellbutrin does have a generic ... It's Bupropion HCl.... In fact the BRAND name has been discontinued. I'd sure check with somebody about that. The generic may be expensive, but I sure don't think it's $600/month! Sounds a little fishy to me.. having worked in pharmacy. Call your local Walgreens and play dumb... .just tell them the Dr. has prescribed this new med for you and you don't have insurance and ask them what it would cost. Does you DS have Rx insurance?

Well it's me quite a while to type this.. .My BFF from CO called and we talked forever! We haven't seen each other in about 18 years. She hates MN and swore she would never come here, but she is retiring... tomorrow is her last day. SO she is actually going to come visit me In March. I'm so excited I can hardly stand it! So now that the morning is gone and I'm still in jammies... I better get in the shower and run my errand into town, need a couple little things at the grocery store... then it's home and to keep on cleaning up sewing room. I finished the LAST of the triangles quilts, so will move on to another UFO in the pile!

Wishing you all a Marvelous Monday

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:23 am

Hi Sharona - I just checked the GoodRX app on my phone the prices locally range from $7.97-$16.82. Walmart price is 15.00, Costco is 11.90 only Good Rx Gold is $7.97.
Carol

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:40 am

I just saw a fun quilt to make. So easy to copy. It was on a TV show here. So here goes - it is made from solid color fabrics. A flying geese block is the only block used - you choose the size, but I would guess a 3x5 or so. The big triangle of the goose is done in solids, representing how hot or or cold each day is, where you live. Blues, reds, yellows, oranges, and shades in between. So what your temp is that day is the color of the block. The outside small two triangles of the geese block were a neutral, like a light gray. The quilt was done so that each vertical row was a month, so 12 rows across, by 30 blocks down. A 3x5 goose would make about a 60x90 quilt. No sashing between the geese. So it started out with the blue, cold, cool tones for January, moved across warming into Spring, Summer, Fall and end again in December. It seems like a fun quilt to make marking the weather year in the life of us. Not hard to catch up, since we are just starting February. I would choose the high temp for the day for the color pick. A block a day.

See, just what we need, another quilt to make!

Jana

Return to “Sew ins”