Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday, January 27 th

Daily discussions.
suzette58

Wednesday, January 27 th

Post by suzette58 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:36 am

Good morning everyone.
Well, today is going to be a busy day here in the weather department. Starting out ok this morning and part of the afternoon. Then sometime later today we are to get snow and rain. What you get depends on where you live. I am almost finished quilting the dog quilt for my brother’s girlfriend. She has run a rescue and then started a food bank of dog food for people in their area when they fall on hard times. Then I have planned to quilt the Legacy quilt called Spring Jubilee from 2018. At least I am getting practice on machine quilting on my Pfaff machine. This staying home is getting things done in my sewing room. Well, I am off to get another cup of coffee. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Suzette

WeSignificant

Re: Wednesday, January 27 th

Post by WeSignificant » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:54 am

Good morning from dripping California. Between the wind and the rain, no sleep. It's supposed to calm some around 3am. DBIL sent me pics of his place 26 or so miles outside of North Las Vegas. He has 6 - 8 inches of snow. Power out. While he has propane heat, something on it is electrical so he said it's really cold. He has 3 quilts there so I told him to get under them all.

I have my Dresden plate class today. That's 6 hours. Hate to load machine in the rain. I did move my PPE from my trunk to my front seat so I can put on in the car. Not the easiest thing to do but I have done in the past. Also brought my nursing bag in the house so equipment stays warm.

Not much else right now. Woll go lay back down and see if I can sleep. Praying I don't get any calls. Will check back later.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:16 am

Good morning,

Yesterday I started cutting suburbs out will do more today.
We also had rain and snow we will be dry today but cold..
Suzettte thats great you should enter your quilts into the ufo contest.
Valarie have fun at your class today.
Well thats all the news here everyone have a great day prayers go out to all.
Lois.

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:44 am

Good morning!

Very cold here. The atmospheric river over Valerie is dumping snow in Southern Utah, missing me. The red rocks and canyons down there all look so pretty with a blanket of snow on them. We got a little bit of snow, not even as much as needed to be shoveled.

Don't know what I will do today. Maybe get the floor covering ordered. Should be a quiet day here. Really can't sew, as my tools are still in boxes, waiting to be put in the new drawers.

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:46 am

Good morning I slept in til 7 this morning,,,late for me...i am up and dressed...we have snow on the ground and cold cold cold 19 right now high 28 today,
I tried going to the postoffice 2 dys in a row and their internet is down and they couldnt send out paxkages,,so I will try again today,,,tried to call but yiu cannot get a local number, all you get is an 800 number, and a bunch of press one for this and presss 2 for that,,,,Not me I have no patiences for automated calls/
I have no plans for today,,,other than a bit of dusting, so that will be my day,
Coffee is number one on my agenda so I hope you all have a great day. XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

Becca

Post by Becca » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:29 am

Good morning everyone cloudy here & snow is predicted for tonite
After 65 yesterday It was soggy but I got my walk in When I opened the blinds this morning 3 deer in front yard

Maryq The twins are doing well Last week Hadlee is standing alone but hasn’t taken the first big step She walks pushing her doll carriage They are 17 months old Brodee is still content to crawl He pulls up & stands
GladEli is doing good They seem to adjust to those breaks & go on with life
I have to pick up my bread from Bethanys Bakery today & get a couple items & some thread
Have a wonderful day everyone Prayersfor all in need. Becca

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:56 am

Good wet and windy morning. it's going to be a soggy rest of the week.

I asked for rain and got a lot of it. And the wind is like crazy. The power blinked through the night just enough to get to reset all the clocks. Since there was a fire last year those in the burn area are asked to be ready to evacuate incase this storm uproots the burned trees and causes land slides.

I am safe. I might lose power but Jerry is going to buy us our own not borrowed from dad generator today that will power us just enough to get us by until we can figure out which whole house generator we need. We need to be sure what we get will power our well.

Suzette, she will love the doggie quilt. If we would get 7 degrees colder we would have snow. The boys next door would love it. I have been slowly getting used to quilting on my machine, it's a Jazz2 by babylock. I bought it because it had a big throat. And I have used it twice for quilting. I need practice but will get the hang of it.

Valerie, I just saw that some part of Nevada is having a blizzard warning. Your brother, like me, has a gas heater with an electric ignitor. It's the same with our stove. It's also propane with an electric ignitor, but we can use a match to light it. Hope you don't have to go out in this mess.

Lois, enjoy cutting up today.

Jana, all snow is beautiful from a distance. As much as I would like the kids to have snow I would like it to stay in their yard and not mine. You are funny, me in a bikini. It would be a great way to clear the beach.

Judi, luckily our post office has a website and it shows their local number. I agree about those 800 numbers, they drive me nuts.

Maryz, HAH! I haven't even started sorting fabric yet. I used to have it all organized by color then something happened and it's all mixed up. This rainy weather will be a perfect excuse to stay in and sort like crazy. I haven't seen your stash but I am sure that your fabric is at least 4 times what I have. I love angels, but like everything else that is collected, one day they will be the problem of my son who will likely have an estate sale trying to get rid of stuff. Your get together quilt is going to be gorgeous. will it be done in Civil War fabric? it is going to be beautiful.

Maryq, I agree about the swaps. $9 to send blocks to and another $9 to get your blocks back plus making 20 blocks is getting expensive. Maybe a sew along or a mystery would be a better idea?

Carole, In the beginning I was tracking my food and weight daily using an app called Carb Manager, it also tracks calories, fat, etc. but now I just wing it. Prayers for your kidneys and RA. Hard to believe that your daughters youngest will be 18 soon. Hoping that with social distancing he has to shelter in place until then and can't go visit.

Sherry, isn't it amazing how much stuff we collect. I would hate to have to pack it all up and move. We did get rid of a lot but have so much more to go.

Lyn, thanks for the Kathy update. so glad she can have visitors, it will be great for her to see her sister. Glad she loves her quilt. Mary had that quilt top already but quilted and bound it in less than 24 hours, and, before she could get started she had to unearth her quilting machine which had been shoved in a room behind stuff. So glad to hear Kathy in such good spirits. It must really do her good to keep hearing from her forum friends. We are an amazing group of women.

Lori, 15 years is a long time to have a sidekick. Emma will be with you always but it sure would be nice to hear her purr. I also have snow on the mountains, seeing if from my warm living room is wonderful. I also need a bigger sewing room. Next to my sewing room is a bathroom. I told Jerry we really don't need it and if the wall were knocked down I could extend my room. I really think a portable classroom would make a great sewing room. It would be big enough and has so many possibilities. Much bigger than my 8x10 bedroom.

Becca, oh my gosh, are the twins really old enough to stand and getting ready to walk? my goodness they have come a long way. Lots of smooches to both of them. Cool to see deer in the yard.

Have a better than ever day. enjoy the sound and smell of the rain.

Chriss
Psalm 91

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:58 am

Good morning all

Cold here 18. We got 1 inch snow yesterday while chicago got 6 inches. I will take what we got :lol:
Yesterday was in sewing room I am putting border on my quilt. It is still going to be bigger than I want but it will be warm and pretty on my bed for spring and summer Maybe someday I will figure out how to post pictures. I finally figured out how to post pictures to facebook. It seems easier than here.
I am considering making a mystery quilt that Grid girls are making. I bought the new ruler Kitty cornered.
I am 4 weeks behind but I might wait until I see one. I really have enough on my plate. I am very happy the one I am working on will soon be done as far as piecing goes.
Today Boo going to get bath and haircut. He is feeling better. Still taking his pills.
Well I best get a move on need to be ready to go.
You all have a great sewing day
Katy
Chris I lead one sew along It was fun If I could learn how to post pictures I might volunteer LOL :lol:

velvet

Post by velvet » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:20 am

UGH!!! Why is it when I have a long post, it always goes POOF!!
So happy about the twins- soon they'll be yakking up a storm, never mind the running around.
Val--have fun with your class.
Hope everyone has a great day.
So annoying to lose posts.
Diane

velvet

Post by velvet » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:21 am

UGH!!! Why is it when I have a long post, it always goes POOF!!
So happy about the twins- soon they'll be yakking up a storm, never mind the running around.
Val--have fun with your class.
Hope everyone has a great day.
So annoying to lose posts.
Diane

Return to “Sew ins”