Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Kathy

Daily discussions.
Marilynsgrammy

Kathy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:16 pm

So tonight I called Kathy. Judi had given me the address of the rehab where she is staying and I googled it.

Area code 508 (Kathy)

She was so happy to hear from someone. While her sister is able to drop off her mail she can't have visitors because of Covid. Kathy actually cried when I told her who I was and how we all missed her.

Prefix 892 (Rogers)

She went by ambulance to the hospital in mid December after having issues following a UTI. they had to remove part of her colon and now she is in rehab.

last four 6331

She can leave rehab as soon as she is able to walk, problem is, she is so weak. And today when she tried to stand she got light headed and was unable to stand. She wants to go home so badly but just can't yet.

She is lonely, bored and has no one to talk to or visit with. I asked her if I could give out her phone number and she cried when she said how much she misses all of you.

She did say if she doesn't answer right a way please try again. I called and got no answer then tried again 15 minutes later and was thrilled to have reached her.

She has two books to read but not much else to do. I'm going to send her a little care package.

The place she is staying is called The Meadows in Rochdale, Mass. Her room is 200. Googling The Meadows is how I found her.

Please read between the lines and give her a call. She really needs her friends.

Thanks,
Chriss
Psalm 91

fabricgirl

Re: Kathy

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:56 am

Chriss thats wonderful I think I will try and do something also.

Lois

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:25 am

Thanks for the info.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:22 am

OMG Thank you Chris...That is amazing news...I am thrilled you got her on the phone. thank you and god bless you for being our sleuth, xxxxxxxooooooooo

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:29 am

Chriss, now we know who the brains of our outfit is! Thanks so much for tracking Kathy down. I will, for sure, try calling her soon and try to put together a little package as well. And may I suggest, that if anybody does send cards or packages to her, you use her own home address as the return address so if per chance, she were discharged, it would be “returned to sender“ – in other words, sent to Kathy at home. And I have her home address if you need mary Z

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:58 am

great idea Mary, I will also use her home address for the return address. I really think she will be there a while but you never know. I found some hand held battery operated games. Poker and Solitaire. I'm going to get some yarn and knitting needles.
Psalm 91

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:42 am

Can someone PM me her return address? Thanks
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:14 am

Valerie, I sent you an email.
Psalm 91

womster

Post by womster » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:50 am

Thanks for the info, Chriss! How scary for Kathy. xoxo

maryq

Post by maryq » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:54 am

Chriss.... YOU ROCK!!!!

I never thought of trying to google where she is staying.. Truly... You are the BRAINS!

A care package sounds like a wonderful idea and I'm sure she would be thrilled! I don't suppose we can send things like cookies or candy... but magazines? books? I'll be putting on my thinking cap!

Thanks for the news!

Return to “Sew ins”